PDA

View Full Version : Question for David Gzesh

07-11-2002, 04:39 PM
I have only been following this forum for the last few months and have never made a post before but I can't believe that I have never seen any reference to my biggest irk with True Poker and I would like to hear the reasoning.

I believe True Poker violates one of the fundamentals of poker in their "won..don't show" button. When playing B&M poker, if I make a bet and everyone folds, the dealer pushes me the pot and I then release my cards face down. No one has the right to see my cards unless I choose to show. At True Poker, my cards are automatically flipped up for all to see unless I specifically request that they NOT be show by clicking the "won..don't show button". If I am playing another house at the same time, and perhaps don't get back there to "defend my privacy" the cards are AUTOMATICALLY shown. At all of the other houses I play, the cards are AUTOMATICALLY MUCKED FACE DOWN, rather than face up, as it is in B&M poker.

Isn't anyone else bothered by this? The fundamentals of the game allow me to keep my hand concealed unless I choose to show....unless of course I have been called. Such is not the case at True and I would like to know what the reasoning is.

07-11-2002, 05:20 PM
Some players choose to show their hand if it is not in a showsown river card position.

It's not our problem if you are playing 15 different sites and dont have the time to muck your hand. Again you are given that option of not showing your hand if you choose.

Maybe play less tables at the same time. But th eplayer always has the right to muck and show hands if they want!!!

07-11-2002, 05:25 PM
"If I am playing another house at the same time, and perhaps don't get back there to "defend my privacy" "

consider it punishment for slowing the game down you inconsiderate #$$%

07-11-2002, 05:52 PM
That was not my point. I do not want to take away the right to show your cards, I merely meant that it should be a automatic face down muck with the option to show rather than having the dealer flip my cards up upon mucking unless I specifically request that they stay face down. I do not have to worry that the dealer will flip my cards over in a B&M game, why should the dealer be able to automatically show them at True?

07-11-2002, 05:59 PM
You obviously have some hostility issues here Moe. I truely am not an inconsiderate player. If you have problems with a slow game, you should not be playing at True in the first place. lol

Have you never watched TV while playing or had any other distraction while playing? I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO WORRY THAT MY CARDS WILL BE FLIPPED UP BY THE DEALER UNLESS I SPECIFICALLY REQUEST THAT THEY NOT BE SHOWN. That is my point and I think you missed it...

btw, welcome to reality, but many players play 2 games at once, especially when playing True.

07-11-2002, 06:32 PM

07-11-2002, 10:21 PM
I didnt know this, have only been playing on True poker for about 2 hours.

But yes this bothers me.

Ryan

07-12-2002, 03:18 AM
And you are correct, that if your interested in playing a fast game TP is not the best choice.

I have played a couple of days and think it is an excellent site and would have no problem recommending to my BM freinds.

For me however, Once I got over the initial cuteness of the site, The slowness of the games gets me a little tilt prone. Also since I'm on dial up, I think it sucks up more of bandwidth than some of the other sites. I'll keep an account open for when they have a decent promotion($30 deposit bonus aint going to cut it - they should offer at least $60 - which is genrally the customary amount from a respected venue).

Stu

07-12-2002, 05:40 PM
I was playing at True Poker and saw a $35,000 Guaranteed Tournament advertised. What esactly does "Guaranteed" mean?

07-12-2002, 08:43 PM
Dear Bill999:

Truepoker guarantees a minimum prize pool of $35,000.00 to be paid to the winners of the holdem tournament this Sunday. (We offer similar guaranteed tournaments every Sunday for various amounts and buy-ins.) Registration is at 6:35 pm, Central Daylight Time.

Guarantee means :

The prize pool is made up of players' buy-ins. Here the buy-in is $100.00 This means there can be an overlay, if less than 350 players enter Truepoker adds to the prize pool to bring it to $35,000.00 minimum guaranteed pool.

If more than 350 players enter, the prize pool will exceed $35,000.00 by $100.00 for each additional player over 350.

Our 24/7 online Hosts can help with answering any additional question. Thanks for asking.

David Gzesh, CEO

07-12-2002, 11:15 PM
Why is it Mr Gzesh that you can respond to this gentleman's question but never bothered to respond to mine, the one that originated this string?

07-12-2002, 11:55 PM
Perhaps, because answering the other question had much better marketing value for TruePoker....

07-14-2002, 08:58 PM
Apparently, not. Truepoker gave its players an $11,000+ overlay on the tourney this Sunday.

(The actual reason for a delayed response to Poker Newbee was quite simple. As posted above, I needed time to think about it some more and responded the next morning.)