PDA

View Full Version : suggestions to make 'live at the bike' better

Cory Neely
02-03-2005, 11:15 PM
i think one big thing they could do is instead of listing names of the people next to the cards they should list seat numbers. most of us have no idea who these people are and it would make it much easier to watch. also the names are hard to see as it is so if they could make it just a bit bigger then that would be cool. i know they announce the players names to which seat they are in randomly but if you tune in in the middle of the thing you may have to wait forever to put all the pieces together on who is which.

Cory Neely
02-03-2005, 11:24 PM
also does anyone else lose sound for a few minutes then it comes back in slow motion and sounds satanic?! its no big deal to me, i actually think its funny, i was just seeing if it was my computer or if anyone else has this prob.

Lurker4
02-03-2005, 11:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
also does anyone else lose sound for a few minutes then it comes back in slow motion and sounds satanic?! its no big deal to me, i actually think its funny, i was just seeing if it was my computer or if anyone else has this prob.

[/ QUOTE ]

watching it right now, this just happened to me several minutes ago.

Kevmath
02-03-2005, 11:25 PM
I had that same problem a couple of times too last night, I'm sure they'll work out those technical issues shortly. They mentioned there would be more features next week.

Kevin...

Lurker4
02-03-2005, 11:27 PM
Since this is NLHE, relevant stack sizes would be good, but that's probably pretty tough to do given that its live

nongice626
02-04-2005, 12:09 AM
naked women

Rick Nebiolo
02-04-2005, 02:07 PM
Cory,

I forwarded a link to your thread to the Bike's Poker office. Anyone who has comments feel free to post here or if you start a new thread PM me, although I'll be looking for more comments here, in B&M, and other forums periodically.

Note that I work at the Bike, post here (on 2+2) frequently but am not that involved in the production at this point.

Regards,

Rick

Rick Nebiolo
02-04-2005, 02:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
naked women

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think we can do that. Is cleavage acceptable? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

~ Rick

Rick Nebiolo
02-04-2005, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to admit I was somewhat skeptical that the technology was good enough or that the Internet has enough bandwidth to pull this off. Apparently this effort requires sophisticated video compression and other cutting edge techniques. Any feedback on the type of images and sound we are getting at the end user level would be much appreciated. That said, please recognize we are just starting out with this, and hope to work out the bugs over time.

Also, if anyone had good links to information regarding the latest technology in Internet video broadcasting, I'd be interested.

Regards,

Rick

Hermlord
02-04-2005, 04:38 PM
I've only watched once for a few minutes but I have to say, this is *by far* the best quality streaming video I've ever seen. Well done. Any chance of you posting the tech specs?

One complaint: doesn't work under Mozilla, only IE. Dunno if this is my fault or yours.

Now if I can only convince my profs to install these systems in the classrooms, I'll never have to leave the apt /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sponger15SB
02-04-2005, 05:04 PM
Yeah, seat numbers would help.

Also the fact that like 50% of the time the camera shows "live bike" upside down is really irritating.

Otherwise I find this pretty freaking interesting.

Rick Nebiolo
02-05-2005, 01:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, seat numbers would help.

Also the fact that like 50% of the time the camera shows "live bike" upside down is really irritating.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are three overhead cameras. One looks down on the flop (where the "Live Bike" image is right side up) and two from either side. Perhaps it would be best to align the image with the most used camera.

Thanks for the input.

Regards,

Rick

Rick Nebiolo
02-05-2005, 01:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've only watched once for a few minutes but I have to say, this is *by far* the best quality streaming video I've ever seen. Well done. Any chance of you posting the tech specs?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm seeing it for the first time as I write. The video is MUCH better than I thought it would be. Funny, I'm getting a kick out of watching people I know and play with on this webcast.

[ QUOTE ]
One complaint: doesn't work under Mozilla, only IE. Dunno if this is my fault or yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Generally Mozilla and Firefox need plug ins.

Regards,

Rick

Rick Nebiolo
02-05-2005, 01:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Had this happen to me just now. I verified it's not at my end since my music player works.

Regards,

Rick

Kevmath
02-05-2005, 01:38 AM
Seems they cut off the audio just after that big hand with the A-9 against A-J on a ax9x board, then the J hit the river in a huge hand, giving the winner two racks full of $25 chips.

Kevin...

detroitplayer
02-05-2005, 06:32 AM
Rick, there's a post about it here as well:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1661620&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&fpart=1&vc=1

Lurker4
02-05-2005, 06:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, if anyone had good links to information regarding the latest technology in Internet video broadcasting, I'd be interested.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno if this will help, but here is the website for NullSoft Video, a multimedia format which Winamp Internet TV uses: NullSoft Video (http://www.scvi.net/)

Rick Nebiolo
02-05-2005, 08:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think one big thing they could do is instead of listing names of the people next to the cards they should list seat numbers. most of us have no idea who these people are and it would make it much easier to watch. also the names are hard to see as it is so if they could make it just a bit bigger then that would be cool. i know they announce the players names to which seat they are in randomly but if you tune in in the middle of the thing you may have to wait forever to put all the pieces together on who is which.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cory and all here on 2+2,

The Bike wants to make this work and is looking at all of these suggestions in this and any other threads that crop up. We realize that 2+2 (which I started posting on well before my association with the Bike) is the number one poker forum in the world.

Keep in mind that this feature is very much in the "beta" stage, with web-casting technology that is very much cutting edge. We aren't even announcing it officially for a month or so.

Anyone can come in and sign up to play on "Live at Bike". It will usually be either the $200 restricted buy-in no limit game (you might get a shot at my money /images/graemlins/smile.gif ) or the $500 unrestricted buy-in game, but also may be some other game. For example, this coming Thursday Yosh Nakano's big game is scheduled (this is a usually a 200/400 to 300/600 level game that is usually played mix (holdem, omaha/8, triple draw, bedogi (spelling?, razz and so on).

Regards,

Rick