PDA

View Full Version : 400-800 hand 7-handed

Shawn Keller
02-03-2005, 09:38 PM
the game is 7-handed $400-$800 I'm playing with 5 players who are pretty decent and one player who is a little too loose, limps to much CC threebets two much after limping in ect.

I limp utg with 89s, next player folds to a very good player as far as I know who raises loose player folds to blinds, blinds who fold I call.

Flop comes 566 one sspade I know at this point that he will bet so I check he bets I call.

Turn is a 7 I bet he raises I threebet he calls. River is a jack I check, he bets I raises foldsthinks for 5 seconds then for one more bet!

After the hand I don't show but I do tell him I had the 89ss He says that he folded 1010, if he threebet the river I would have to just call and fear JJ.

What do u guys think, responses welcome.

Best of luck!

Shawn "Lightning" Keller

J.A.Sucker
02-03-2005, 09:49 PM
Why did you check the river? After all of that action, I would expect a lot of hands to check behind that would call you if you had bet. I'd have played it the same way except for the river, which I would have bet, and then called a raise if it happened. Nice pot, though.

slavic
02-03-2005, 09:50 PM
What's your image in the game?

I'm having a hard time seeing the river bet or raise call by your opponent with any sort of normal image. I think your better of just to bet it.

89s utg is a muck for me, what happened to you preflop is exactly where I don't want to be.

David Steele
02-03-2005, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and one player who is a little too loose, limps to much

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I limp utg with 89s

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you that player?

D.

DeezNutz3
02-03-2005, 09:54 PM
I do not play limits near this high so my opinion might be way off but here goes. I think this is a very loose call in a 7 handed game especially considering that it is a tough game as described. I think I would rather open raise here after folding. I love the turn play as well as the river, what made you think he would bet the river if you checked? I also just call a 3 bet on the river.

Stork
02-03-2005, 10:00 PM
I don't really like the preflop limp, or the flop call. The turn and river look fine.

mike l.
02-03-2005, 10:18 PM
i think you can go 4 bets on the river if it comes to that. my experience at the higher limits is people play hands like AA and KK much much faster than in smaller games. a lot depends on what he thinks of you though. if he can put you on 98 then you have to fear he filled up or has quads at some point.

also limping utg there with 98s is a significant mistake and will needlessly burn up chips, even if done only occasionally. that said, when it does get raised behind you, which it inevitably most times, the correct play is to reraise preflop and represent one of the few hands you should be limping utg with: namely AA, KK, and AKs.

1800GAMBLER
02-03-2005, 10:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't really like the preflop limp, or the flop call. The turn and river look fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I want the reasoning behind preflop but flop call is standard.

slavic
02-03-2005, 10:19 PM
You may have as many as 110 or 12 outs on the flop. YOu have to at least call.

Stork
02-03-2005, 10:23 PM
Hero is getting 6.5-1 on the flop. He has 4 outs to the straight which are probably good just about all the time. He has 6 outs to top pair, but they will not always be good, and even if he hits top pair on the turn there will always be a redraw against him, so maybe 3.5 outs for those, so I give him 7.5 outs. Yeah, I guess the flop call is correct. Not sure why I didn't think it was before.

fsuplayer
02-03-2005, 10:30 PM
preflop seems terrible given your game description.

DcifrThs
02-03-2005, 10:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the game is 7-handed $400-$800 I'm playing with 5 players who are pretty decent and one player who is a little too loose, limps to much CC threebets two much after limping in ect.

I limp utg with 89s, next player folds to a very good player as far as I know who raises loose player folds to blinds, blinds who fold I call.

Flop comes 566 one sspade I know at this point that he will bet so I check he bets I call.

Turn is a 7 I bet he raises I threebet he calls. River is a jack I check, he bets I raises foldsthinks for 5 seconds then for one more bet!

After the hand I don't show but I do tell him I had the 89ss He says that he folded 1010, if he threebet the river I would have to just call and fear JJ.

Best of luck!

Shawn "Lightning" Keller

[/ QUOTE ]

at 400-800...thats a raise utg if you're playin that hand at all. and id rather have 76s thatn 98s b/c the hands i make when i would raise 76s are less likely to hit my opponents if they call or reraise. the ten and or jack would likely hit them.

otherwise, i'd fold preflop...

rest of the hand looks fine. flop id check if he looks like he's betting or raising...or maybe c'r if you think you can set something up for later...but the call is fine.

on the turn i like the bet.

on the river i think you must bet 100% after the action on the turn...you wanna risk him checking behind? that $800 will pay for your accomodations for a week ... dont just toss it away.

-Barron

DcifrThs
02-03-2005, 10:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
also limping utg there with 98s is a significant mistake and will needlessly burn up chips, even if done only occasionally. that said, when it does get raised behind you, which it inevitably most times, the correct play is to reraise preflop and represent one of the few hands you should be limping utg with: namely AA, KK, and AKs.

[/ QUOTE ]

never woulda thought of it mike...excellent.

as i said in my post i'd have raised if i decided to play...but a limp reraise after its raised behind is an amazing way to cover that initial mistake

-Barron

slavic
02-03-2005, 10:51 PM
that said, when it does get raised behind you, which it inevitably most times, the correct play is to reraise preflop and represent one of the few hands you should be limping utg with: namely AA, KK, and AKs.

Mike - This game is bigger than I have played by a factor of 4 but I was wondering about this. I'm more likely to limp AA,KK,AKs here so I was wondering how wrong it would be to limp a few other hands. I still think 98s is too weak to do this with, but if I limp and you put me on a premium hand I have problems.

I've only run across this a few times, but certainly if I play much higher it will be more frequent an issue.

Thanks,
slavic

James282
02-03-2005, 11:33 PM
Where'd you play this hand? Just curious.
-James

mikelow
02-04-2005, 12:14 AM
Agreed--scary to play those up front.

If you're ever gonna play suited connectors up front (for deception only) you have come in with a raise.

Never limp!

astroglide
02-04-2005, 12:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Never limp!

[/ QUOTE ]

common and crappy advice

Justin A
02-04-2005, 01:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
After the hand I don't show but I do tell him I had the 89ss

[/ QUOTE ]

Why did you tell him this?

Philuva
02-04-2005, 01:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should CR bluff the river more often.

Philuva
02-04-2005, 01:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You may have as many as 110 or 12 outs on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually play my 110 out hands a little faster on the flop.

slavic
02-04-2005, 02:59 AM
I usually play my 110 out hands a little faster on the flop.

/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

BottlesOf
02-04-2005, 03:37 AM
http://www.spc.noaa.gov/faq/tornado/oswalt.jpg

Leaky Eye
02-04-2005, 06:19 AM
What is your native language?

Cornell Fiji
02-04-2005, 09:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
After the hand I don't show but I do tell him I had the 89ss

[/ QUOTE ]

Why did you tell him this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like the preflop limp and I would have led the river but I've never played 4/8 before so I am not going to discuss those points.

I think one of the biggest mistakes that you made was saying that you had 89ss. I think this is something that is done way too often and IMO giving away free information is nearly always -EV.

Did you just have a spur of the moment urge to tell him your hand or was this a calculated decission so that your opps would not be able to put you on a hand when you limp in EP? Were you trying to get this guy to make more big laydowns in the future? Do you think that the villain would actually reassess your future limps when he didn't actually see your cards thus leaving a lot of doubt in your holding?

I just don't understand why so many people give away free information.

-Steve

astroglide
02-04-2005, 12:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What is your native language?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm actually doubting the fact that this is shawn keller because he's much more well-spoken on instant messengers etc

SA125
02-04-2005, 01:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i'm actually doubting the fact that this is shawn keller because he's much more well-spoken on instant messengers etc

[/ QUOTE ]

My first reaction, but for different reason. Thought I was the only one who's Spidey senses were tingling.

lighterjobs
02-04-2005, 01:25 PM
i don't think i would play 89s utg in a limit game.

lighterjobs
02-04-2005, 01:26 PM
i haven't read any of the replies, but i am pretty sure everyone said to raise this utg and don't slowplay it when you hit it. bet out.

Gabe
02-04-2005, 02:15 PM
I was talking to mike about this last night. This guy's fishy, but not that fishy. Usually, these guys are over the top, aren't they? There is that Men the Master guy, though. I don't know. Don't care.

Tyler Durden
02-04-2005, 03:08 PM
Is this guy trying to pose as Thomas "Thunder" Keller? Who is Shawn "Lightning" Keller? Twin brother?

fsuplayer
02-04-2005, 03:22 PM
yes.

Tyler Durden
02-04-2005, 03:25 PM
weird.

astroglide
02-04-2005, 03:59 PM
yes, they're literally twin brothers.

James282
02-04-2005, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My first reaction, but for different reason. Thought I was the only one who's Spidey senses were tingling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did any of you see my initial reply? There is no way this hand happened.
-James

JackWilson
02-04-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I'm curious. Why would you say that?

bugstud
02-04-2005, 05:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-James

[/ QUOTE ]

It happened, but I would imagine he was the raiser

mike l.
02-04-2005, 06:17 PM
it couldve happened, theyve been playing 4-8 at the commerce this month.

James282
02-04-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it couldve happened, theyve been playing 4-8 at the commerce this month.

[/ QUOTE ]

The credibility of this particular poster is incredibly suspect, and so is the play of this hand if he is a limit hold 'em expert.
-James

Eurotrash
02-05-2005, 04:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I had the 89ss

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll issue the standard disclaimer that "I don't play nearly this high" (neither state of mind nor limit), but if this isn't that Keller fellow, then he did some homework. I sweat the big UB games a lot and when catchoftheday (who I think is "lightning") talks about his hands and he speaks of a suited hand, he doesn't just say, for example, 89s for 89 suited. He uses the double initial of the suit -- for example, he used KTcc once to describe KT suited in clubs.

I realize in the top of the post he said 89s, but just some random tidbit to consider (for those who don't believe it's him.)

Shawn Keller
02-05-2005, 05:25 AM
Thanks for the generally poor quality of replies,

Many of you bashed the UTG limp, and say "always raise blaa blaa" if you've played with me you know that I usually raise and my limp there preflop is about a 25% chance i have AA KK or AKs. Also you keep sayin waaa waa limp utg is terrible well, novices keep in mind that by UTG I mean 4 off the button its a SEVEN handed game, so its not like I limped utg with 89ss in a 10 handed T/A game which would be bad. The play is marginal at best but I thought with my chip position and general amount of respect I was getting that it was good marginal EV play, I also think its good for the bros in the games to limp sometimes so the fish don't get catch on that limping is generally a bad idea.

I LOVE my checkraise on the river because I'm almost sure he has an over pair and will call if I bet but will bet if I check (puutting me on a hand like 78) and I thought he likely would call my checkraise and I'm almost sure he would if his hand was QQ KK or AA, the only which made sense that he could have to beat me with was JJ, if he threebets I just call fearing JJ.

Best of luck,

And yes this is the real Shawn Keller, and yes I may often be more articulate on AIM, but thats because I don't exactly put a super amount of effort into posting here, especially with the lack of enthusiam from the general 2+2 populace.

And anyone who thinks I'm a fish come play me as catchoftehday 200-400 hu on UB holdem, u have to play at least one hour or lose at least 5k, (then u are allowed to quit earlier) or I suggest you leave your nasty comments to yourself.

Best of luck!

Lightning out

Acesover8s
02-05-2005, 06:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And anyone who thinks I'm a fish come play me as catchoftehday 200-400 hu on UB holdem, u have to play at least one hour or lose at least 5k, (then u are allowed to quit earlier) or I suggest you leave your nasty comments to yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone care to guess whether this stems from a Napoleon Complex or if its simply Fat Aggression?

Are you two identical twins?

slavic
02-05-2005, 06:52 AM
Always glad to help out. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Many of you bashed the UTG limp, and say "always raise blaa blaa" if you've played with me you know that I usually raise and my limp there preflop is about a 25% chance i have AA KK or AKs.

Damn that would have been nice to know. Thanks for the info.

well, novices keep in mind that by UTG I mean 4 off the button its a SEVEN handed game,

darn it was really seven handed? I mean like seven handed like you posted in the original almost intelligable post? Well I never... damn I wish I would have seen that.

I LOVE my checkraise on the river because I'm almost sure he has an over pair

Happy that you love it, it doesn't necessarily make it right.

You presented a hand in a vacume, and then expected the posters on this board to glean extra information about the player and your play that only you know. Well hey at least you got to stroke the ego a nice bit. Always nice to show off to the grinders, you know.

URMeowed
02-05-2005, 06:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What did you expect? What are you trying to accomplish by posting this hand and asking for comments? Do you really think you are going to get any great replies stemming from a game that the regular posters here never play and probably will never play? Then you bash everyone for their idiotic comments. Of course most everyone is going to post poor quality answers since this is from a sky high limit game, where the quality of hand isn't as important as other factors. This is a pretty basic line of play for the hand anyways. What a freakin' meowhead!

Chris Daddy Cool
02-05-2005, 07:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

was that you losing to our very own TheGiftOfGab HU at 25/50 NL?

daryn
02-05-2005, 08:24 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone care to guess whether this stems from a Napoleon Complex or if its simply Fat Aggression?

Are you two identical twins?

[/ QUOTE ]

hilarious

Kurwood Derby
02-05-2005, 12:38 PM
You expect people to fall all over you and tell you what a brilliant play you made? Your pre-flop play was horrible, your play on the flop was WORSE. And then you got lucky and sucked out. Wow, what a big time pro.
Now go away. No one here cares what you have to say any more.

HiatusOver
02-05-2005, 01:35 PM
Shawn, I am gonna go against the grain here and say that you posting 400-800 hands on here is nothing but good for the forum. Realize that a lot of the people who responded to this post are never going to play 400-800 in their life and don't really want to, so when they see you make a few grammar mistakes in your post they jump all over it because in some ways this is the closest they are gonna get. My suggestion/plea is that you try a few more of these posts from the commerce game and see how they go...dont get scared off too quick.

By the way, I have played against Shawn in the 100-200 on stars and he plays well. The first time I played against him I marked him as a fish for some weird pre-flop plays, but I eventually realized that he plays very well post flop and for the most part his pre-flop screwy plays are done for a reason. In a full game I think there are certainly a lot of posters in here that might be able to play as well or better than this guy, but when the game gets shorter and the money gets bigger I am pretty sure Shawn knows what he is doing. If he wants to come on here and talk poker with us I see no reason to chase him away.

Regarding the UTG limp, you guys are dorks to say it is definitely wrong. Shawn is a new poster, so maybe he didnt explain his reasoning well enough the first time...but even his explanation about "limping sometimes so the fish don't realize it is a generally bad idea" makes some sense to me. Remember that HPFAP recommends limping UTG in a 10 handed game with 89s as long as the game is not too tough. I know barely any of us do it, but it cant be too wrong.

Anyways, thats my take...I will be out at the commerce later in the week for the rest of the tournament shawn, maybe I will introduce myself. In the meantime throw up another interesting hand, maybe with a questionable pre-flop play again that you think could be right...make sure you spend the extra 5 minutes to proofread your post and maybe we can actually tget a good conversation about one of my favorite things to talk about, high-limit limit hold em.

fsuplayer
02-05-2005, 01:52 PM
not saying its right or wrong, but the general dislike of this guy dates back a couple of weeks ago.
its mainly for his spamming of a bunch of forums with his offer for lessons, the arrangements of which were laughable. Sweet Lesson Plans (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=inet&amp;Number=1438057&amp;Forum= ,,,All_Forums,,,&amp;Words=&amp;Searchpage=2&amp;Limit=25&amp;Main =1438057&amp;Search=true&amp;where=&amp;Name=1167&amp;daterange=&amp;n ewerval=&amp;newertype=&amp;olderval=&amp;oldertype=&amp;bodyprev= #Post1438057)

Stork
02-05-2005, 02:04 PM
Shawn, if your going to play a hand that has alot to do with meta-game considerations, or if you have a history of limping AA KK AKs UTG, then you should probably say so in the original post, because it definetely matters to the way the hand plays out. Like, if you had said "I don't normally limp 98s UTG, but I had a tight table image and my opponents would expect me to do this only with aces or kings", or something similar to preface it, I'm sure the responses you got would've been very different.

I also think it's kind of funny how you end every post with "Best of luck!" despite just bashing 2+2.

Nomar
02-05-2005, 02:16 PM
its probably not place to say anything because I am not a "grand poopa" or whatever a regular poster is, but here goes anyway-

I remember reading somewhere on here that Tommy A, was also giving lessons and spamming for customers here too, but no one seemed to say anything, but when a young kid that has climbed the poker ranks and plays and thinks on levels above most players does the same he is bashed....hmm kinda strange I think..

BottlesOf
02-05-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And yes this is the real Shawn Keller

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, even the pathetic trolls who impersonate people, wouldn't waste their time with you. LMAO, no one doubts it's you.
LIGHTNING!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

DcifrThs
02-05-2005, 02:47 PM
shawn,

i tried to give a serious reply as well. initially, i hated the preflop limp...had i known the info you give here i wouldn't have felt it was that big of a mistkae...

one of the reasons i didn't like it was because what does the limp accomplish? i.e. how often do you limp in that game period?? you never said you did so with AA,KK AK...and when you DO it with those hands, the reraise if raised behind you is likely 80-95%.

in any case, post flop is more important b/c preflop is not the huge of a mistake anyways...after the 3bet on the turn, i still am going to go against the grain here (even though the grain has a billion times more experience than i) and say id bet the river...but if you have a read, and feel very good about it that he will bet behind you with an overpair, then your line is great...but normally id be betting this river...

ALTHOUGH, one great benefit of checking is that when it is checked behind and you show first, a few great things happen for you:

1- low boards after a preflop limp may allow you to draw cheaper than normal,

2- your image on the later streets changes and confuses your opoponent,

3- youre much more likely to get cheaper showdowns with the marginal hands you do want to show down and rather an oppponent not bet if you check (and this saves many many bets imo)

so post more 400 hands...just give us more info

-Barron

AngryCola
02-05-2005, 02:50 PM
This is yet another case of Mr. Keller posting a hand just to get his ego stroked. He's not actually looking for ANY advice or assessment.
He just wants to show us all what a big (giggle) man he is.

Congratulations.

AngryCola
02-05-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Shawn, I am gonna go against the grain here and say that you posting 400-800 hands on here is nothing but good for the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

It wouldn't be a bad thing if he was doing it for the 'right' reasons. But he's not. He is doing it just so he can complain about the answers and try to make himself look superior to the rest of us.

The only reason he started posting here again was to try to get people to take his crappy lessons.

Kurwood Derby
02-05-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
its probably not place to say anything because I am not a "grand poopa" or whatever a regular poster is, but here goes anyway-

I remember reading somewhere on here that Tommy A, was also giving lessons and spamming for customers here too, but no one seemed to say anything, but when a young kid that has climbed the poker ranks and plays and thinks on levels above most players does the same he is bashed....hmm kinda strange I think..

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe that's because:
A. Tommy Angelo doesn't come across as a total a**hole; and
B. Angelo actually knows how to play poker, which Mr. Keller has just proved, once again, that he does not.

Glenn
02-05-2005, 03:40 PM
"B. Angelo actually knows how to play poker, which Mr. Keller has just proved, once again, that he does not. "

That's some funny stuff.

Your Mom
02-05-2005, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Many of you bashed the UTG limp, and say "always raise blaa blaa" if you've played with me you know that I usually raise and my limp there preflop is about a 25% chance i have AA KK or AKs. Also you keep sayin waaa waa limp utg is terrible well, novices keep in mind that by UTG I mean 4 off the button its a SEVEN handed game, so its not like I limped utg with 89ss in a 10 handed T/A game which would be bad. The play is marginal at best but I thought with my chip position and general amount of respect I was getting that it was good marginal EV play, I also think its good for the bros in the games to limp sometimes so the fish don't get catch on that limping is generally a bad idea.

I LOVE my checkraise on the river because I'm almost sure he has an over pair and will call if I bet but will bet if I check (puutting me on a hand like 78) and I thought he likely would call my checkraise and I'm almost sure he would if his hand was QQ KK or AA, the only which made sense that he could have to beat me with was JJ, if he threebets I just call fearing JJ.

Best of luck,

And yes this is the real Shawn Keller, and yes I may often be more articulate on AIM, but thats because I don't exactly put a super amount of effort into posting here, especially with the lack of enthusiam from the general 2+2 populace.

Best of luck!

Lightning out

[/ QUOTE ]

Unintentional comedy at its finest.

fsuplayer
02-05-2005, 04:42 PM
hiatus-

there is a certain way to go about things.

as evidence by the overwhelming #/quality of responses to your 'high limit' posts, 2+2er's in general dont have any problems with new guys coming in with super high limit posts.

but when you come blazing into a place like 2+2, spamming up its forums with your advertisements, and instead of talking strategy, you talk about how high you always play etc., people arent going to like you.

mikelow
02-05-2005, 04:43 PM
....and I still hate your preflop limp.

Please don't ask people to throw away their money on a game that's too big for 99.8% of the posters in this section.

Are you trying to expand the ranks of Gamblers' Anonymous?
Perhaps you are, and also remember if you don't see a fish, maybe you're the fish.

Chris Daddy Cool
02-05-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You expect people to fall all over you and tell you what a brilliant play you made? Your pre-flop play was horrible, your play on the flop was WORSE.

[/ QUOTE ]

The flop call was actually incredibly standard.

eugeneel123
02-05-2005, 05:05 PM

Ulysses
02-05-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the generally poor quality of replies

[/ QUOTE ]

Shawn, what were you looking for in this hand beyond perhaps the feedback that JA Sucker gave in the very first reply?

Pre-flop: 89s, whatever. If you want to balance your limp-re-raising hands, this is a great hand to limp with here. If it's just time to mix things up, 89s is plenty of hand for that. IMO, it's a valid comment for people to make that 89s is a shaky holding to limp in w/ UTG.

Flop: What else are you going to do?

Turn: Obviously getting 3 bets in here is better than 2.

River: This is the only place where I think there's any real discussion. The factors to take into account wrt bet v. checkraise are pretty basic here. What player is going to raise an overpair here? Almost none. Could he possibly have a hand with no showdown value that the only way another bet goes in is if he makes a desperation river bluff? Doesn't sound very likely given your description. How often is he going to check behind a big pair here vs. bet and call a checkraise? Will he ever fold a big pair here to a single bet? If you mark him primarily on JJ-AA, we know to a pretty narrow range what % of the time you'll have to pay off 3 bets. None of these things are very complicated factors to consider IMO.

One interesting question is how likely it is that he has an unimproved AK/AQ that will call a river bet from you but check behind. Whether or not that is a possibility depends on how untrusting he is and whether or not the turn card put a flush draw out there. But you neglected to tell us what suit the turn was.

Anyway, I think the main reason you got generally poor replies was that there wasn't really much that was that interesting to discuss about this hand. You limped in with a marginal holding, flopped a draw, and got there on the turn vs. a guy who you had marked pretty strongly on a big pocket pair.

I would like to see some more interesting hands from you, as I'm sure you have many.

Ulysses
02-05-2005, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
All the trash talking comes from jealousy obviously and you will continue to get them as long as you post about playing in higher games than these guys. I got similar responses to my posts a while ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a ridiculous statement, eugene. While that is probably the case for some isolated posters, if that were true across the board, we'd never see any good discussion re: higher-limit hands here or in the NL forum.

mike l.
02-05-2005, 06:03 PM
i play as high as you do and you said im a clown.

take your boston attitude and shove it.

eugeneel123
02-05-2005, 07:17 PM

fearme
02-05-2005, 07:41 PM
u also have to mix ur play up, occasionally limping or raising w/ 89s utg is fine

Leaky Eye
02-05-2005, 08:22 PM
That is because he begins threads by being disrespectful to the reader. He couldn't bother to write his post in english, and he left out a bunch of details about the situation. It reads like a troll to me. No matter how well he is doing in cash games.

mike l.
02-05-2005, 09:20 PM
any post from someone playing let alone beating higher limits is appreciated by me. if it were in japanese i would try and get it translated.

Leaky Eye
02-05-2005, 10:02 PM
That is a fair point.

SpaceAce
02-05-2005, 10:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
any post from someone playing let alone beating higher limits is appreciated by me. if it were in japanese i would try and get it translated.

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding. I know at least one other high limit pro who could offer a lot to 2+2 except she was abused and run off when she put in an appearance. A lot of posters in this thread really need to grow up.

SpaceAce

fyodor
02-05-2005, 11:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
when it does get raised behind you, which it inevitably most times, the correct play is to reraise preflop and represent one of the few hands you should be limping utg with: namely AA, KK, and AKs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Advice like this is what makes 2+2 so worthwhile. I play 6 handed almost exclusively and normally play the standard 2+2 TAG range of hands from the standard positions. Once in awhile, for various reasons, I step out of bounds and limp early with a hand I would normally fold. When it gets raised behind me, I have just been calling. Raising it up like I have AA makes so much sense I can't believe it has NEVER crossed my little mind. Thankyou mike l.

Shawn keep posting. The real trolls are the regulars on here who bash every new poster with attitude. I don't give a [censored] what anyone's personality is like if I think there is something I might learn from them. If Randy Moss is going to win games for you, and you are a Viking's fan, do you really care if he is an idiot? What difference does it make? He can catch a football. End of story.

AngryCola
02-05-2005, 11:11 PM
You guys obviously are missing the real point of why he posts these hands.

If anyone needs to grow up, it's him.

Plus, I'm not sure what you guys are learning from this hand that is so worthwhile.

Sponger15SB
02-05-2005, 11:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

We played once 400-800 in the Aruba WPT about 4 months ago. I'm the young guy that won the huge pot from K.C. when he played his cards open and had 36off flopped openeded and put in like 7 bets on the turn with the open-ended draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm where have I heard this before?

Oh wait from you, at least 10x

Get over yourself.

Shawn Keller
02-06-2005, 11:51 AM
And I don't even walk off the field if my team is losing.

Oh and yes limp reraising with junk like 89s if your limp reraise is getting mad respects makes a lot of sense headsup as a variance play. In a 6 handed game I took it so far as to raise then when Allen Cunningham threebets I fourbet him with 23ss (I raised 3 off button lol) and I bet 567 flop he calls he folds turn 6 I have to show the bluff of course.

Best of Luck,

Lightning

Shawn Keller
02-06-2005, 12:07 PM
Thank you, I don't let the haters get me down I find there pathetic insults amusing, I'm not posting on here to "stroke my ego" or to get more students, I'm just tryin to give back some to the forum, clearly some people find this reading interesting with almost 3000 views.

I rarely limp but I thought it was marginal in this situation, and i'd been raising a lot so i limped.

I see WCP routinely limp early with hands like 67ss Ted Forest limped in the full 400-800 game last time I played with him with something marginal I believe.

Best of Luck,

Shawn "Lightning" Keller

Shawn Keller
02-06-2005, 12:12 PM
We are identical twins meaning I guess we have the same genetic code, but I am about average build, about half of a thunder in weight, just to clear that up.

Shawn

Shawn Keller
02-06-2005, 12:49 PM
I think the turn made it rainbow. I'll post another hand from the 400-800 in shorthanded to give you guys a feel for the play.

bobbyi
02-07-2005, 02:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I also think its good for the bros in the games to limp sometimes so the fish don't get catch on that limping is generally a bad idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I see WCP routinely limp early with hands like 67ss Ted Forest limped in the full 400-800 game last time I played with him with something marginal I believe.

[/ QUOTE ]
So to summarize your reasons for limping:
1) Good players like me need to limp sometimes so that the bad players see us do it and don't figure out that limping is a bad play.
2) I've seen good players limp, so it must not be a bad play.