02-03-2005, 05:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what happened to the Sponger thread?

Bring him back already!

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, you beat me to it.

We'll go with your thread.

Silliness.

Now they take down a post where we are just discussing the fact that someone got banned.

That makes NO sense.

ThaSaltCracka
02-03-2005, 06:00 PM
well.... this is certainly weird. Now I feel like I am walking on egg shells around here. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

brassnuts
02-03-2005, 06:01 PM
You guys got hosed.

AngryCola
02-03-2005, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You guys got hosed.

[/ QUOTE ]

More like censored for no reason.

I'm always reading about how all the discussion and argument is what this board is about.

But I guess you can't question a mod's decision.
Those threads are unacceptable.

mmbt0ne
02-03-2005, 06:03 PM
I say 2 days tops until Not_Sponger15B shows up in OOT.

ThaSaltCracka
02-03-2005, 06:04 PM
Mat, can we get an explanation?

Zoltri
Wow, seems a little excessive.

AngryCola
[ QUOTE ]
Mat, can we get an explanation?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sponger15SB
[ QUOTE ]

Bring him back already!

[/ QUOTE ]

naw screw that guy, he is garbage.

_2000Flushes
02-03-2005, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You guys got hosed.

[/ QUOTE ]

More like censored for no reason.

I'm always reading about how all the discussion and argument is what this board is about.

But I guess you can't question a mod's decision.
Those threads are unacceptable.

[/ QUOTE ]
You should be careful. You might get stickied.

-2kF

GuyOnTilt
What did I miss?

GoT

AngryCola
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Bring him back already!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha!

Good to see that mat saw the error in his ways... I hope.

What's the deal with the jennicide thing anyway?
Her pics are put out there BY her. She obviously wants them out there.

ThaSaltCracka
02-03-2005, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Bring him back already!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]yeah you are right.

ThaSaltCracka
02-03-2005, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What did I miss?

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]apparently Spnger was banned for a short period of time for various reasons.

AngryCola
02-03-2005, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
apparently Sponger was banned for a short period of time

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the shortest ban I have ever witnessed.

Sponger15SB
02-03-2005, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Bring him back already!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha!

Good to see mat saw the error of his ways... I hope.

What's the deal with the jennicide thing anyway?
Her pics are put out there BY her. She obviously wants them out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

In a message dated 2/3/2005 1:49:11 PM Pacific Standard Time, MSklansky writes:
You are making posts designed to provoke racist jokes: niggardly jews, etc...

Your avatar is also inappropriate in the sense that the girl presumably doesn't want her picture out there.

#1 - my "racist" posts are meant to poke fun at racists. "niggardly jews" isn't a racist term at all. saying "all jews are stingy" is racist. simply pointing out that there are jewish people who are stingy with their money does not make me a racist.

also, i apologize if anyone was offended by my "tell a racist joke thread" however once again, it was a joke about racists.

also, you allowed jakethebake another chance when he had his boobs avatar, why not let me have one....

----

His response.....

I have found that banning before warning is more effective than warning. At least for those who truly wish to continue posting. So consider yourself warned

[/ QUOTE ]

ThaSaltCracka
02-03-2005, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
His response.....

I have found that banning before warning is more effective than warning. At least for those who truly wish to continue posting. So consider yourself warned

[/ QUOTE ] this makes some sense.

Zoltri
02-03-2005, 06:13 PM

AngryCola
02-03-2005, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this makes some sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but I still don't get the jennicide thing.

Oh well. I'll live.

B Dids
02-03-2005, 06:15 PM
Yes, because passive/agressive is how most respected businesses work.

Freakin
02-03-2005, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
His response.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. The short banning is an effective warning... especially for someone who breathes OOT.

Freakin

sfer
02-03-2005, 06:16 PM

ThaSaltCracka
02-03-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
His response.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. The short banning is an effective warning... especially for someone who breathes OOT.

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]
Indeed, altough Mat gave me a warning once instead of banning me, but I help out with the ad revenue, so they have to keep me around. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

AngryCola
02-03-2005, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but I help out with the ad revenue, so they have to keep me around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really?
How so?

ThaSaltCracka
02-03-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but I help out with the ad revenue, so they have to keep me around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really?
How so?

[/ QUOTE ]more traffic (ie. posts and stuff)= higher ad prices, supposedly.

Inthacup
02-03-2005, 06:26 PM
Good riddance. I always hated that bastard!

Sponger15SB
02-03-2005, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Good riddance. I always hated that bastard!

[/ QUOTE ]

If that is a joke I am cracking up.

If not, stop being such a....errr...yeah.

Inthacup
02-03-2005, 06:32 PM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pshreck
02-03-2005, 06:38 PM
Mat was completely accurate in his description of your 'niggardly jews' post. If you think it was anywhere near intelligent commentary on racism, then you are way off.

I don't think you care whether your title post offended people, because you seem to be under the assumption that people who are offended by this are ignorant.

I know niggardly isn't a racist term, nor technically is jew. However, your post didn't arouse any thought in me other than thinking you were trying to get a rise out of people.

I'm glad you were warned. The forum should steer away from these crap posts.

AngryCola
02-03-2005, 06:40 PM
:yawn:

We get it already.

You are more sensitive, intelligent, and moral than all of us.

Congratulations.
You win.

Sponger15SB
02-03-2005, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you think it was anywhere near intelligent commentary on racism, then you are way off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Darn. I guess I'll just save put my pulitzer acceptance speech for another day. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

pshreck
02-03-2005, 06:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
:yawn:

We get it already.

You are more sensitive, intelligent, and moral than all of us.

Congratulations.
You win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting how you seem to hunt me down? I have nothing against you Angry. I tried to compliment one of your posts the other day to show good faith... didn't understand what your beef with me is. Only person to ever show any.

If you have qualms with me, PM me. I have been publicly criticized by you a few times, drop it.

_2000Flushes
02-03-2005, 06:48 PM
What grade are you in?

-2kF

pshreck
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you think it was anywhere near intelligent commentary on racism, then you are way off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Darn. I guess I'll just save put my pulitzer acceptance speech for another day. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I was exagerating. You commented that it was poking fun at racism.

Don't you agree with me that if you make these posts, you want people to point out if they don't see the humor in it? You apologized to anyone that is offended, and I respect that. I was just saying that I agree with a warning, NOT a ban. Just kind of sick of these posts, but I don't think I'm morally better than you or anyone, or smarter than you or anyone.

AngryCola
[ QUOTE ]

Interesting how you seem to hunt me down?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have to.

I read OOT and you make posts here too. It's as simple as that.

[ QUOTE ]
I have been publicly criticized by you a few times, drop it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make the decision to post whatever you want to. After you make that decision, it's open for everyone to comment on. I'm not chasing you around trying to put down your posts, I just happen to think you are wrong about many of the things you say. So long as I happen to chance upon you publicly saying something silly, I will criticize it publicly. That's the nature of an internet forum.

Also, the whole moral superiority thing is wearing really thin.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to care.

pshreck
02-03-2005, 06:52 PM
Funny how you send me PM's about not starting flame wars, then continue to call me out?? I have never once called you out. There was a situation with Sponger that I commented on.... I never personally attacked him.

Just click on the ignore if I bother you so much. Don't come crying to me about flame wars then post this crap against me.

AngryCola
02-03-2005, 06:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Funny how you send me PM's about not starting flame wars, then continue to call me out?? I have never once called you out. There was a situation with Sponger that I commented on.... I never personally attacked him.

Just click on the ignore if I bother you so much. Don't come crying to me about flame wars then post this crap against me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Temper, temper.

I don't cry. And if you can't take criticism, I suggest you not post here.
You don't bother me, it's easy to point out your mistakes.
I'll call you out if I so choose. Are you telling me that nobody should reply to your posts if they consistenly disagree with you? That's pretty selfish.

If anything, it seems like you are bothered by me.

I'm not sure what you mean about flame wars or whatever, but you were the one who came in here and decided to tell Sponger what was right and what wasn't.

It is COMPLETELY fair for any user on these forums to respond to your post with any comment they so choose. I could just as easily turn this argument around and say you should be replying to my criticism. You should have ignored me already, right?

I'm sure it would be nice for you if I did decide to ignore you. That way you wouldn't have to deal with someone who disagrees with you.

Get over it already.

Fin.

BusterStacks
02-03-2005, 06:59 PM
Eh, I am in favor of a Sponger ban. He is annoying.

Zoltri
02-03-2005, 07:00 PM
http://www.brawl-hall.com/gallery/data/media/5/about_to_turn_ugly.jpg

B Dids
02-03-2005, 07:00 PM
I used to be you dude, when I was like 21-22, the injustice and ignorance of all of it drove me nuts. Then I realized that it's just not worth it being all riled up. Then I realized that it sucks being the only person taking things seriously. Then I realized that not taking things seriously was fun.

Sponger is a smart guy (look at his choice in avatars), any number of people who cracked jokes that could be termed racists in that "Oriental" thread are very smart guys. They're not being racist, they're poking fun at the fact that guys like you get way more worked up over stupid stuff than is worthwhile.

Lighten up, have fun, don't let yourself be the butt of jokes because you're too busy being more enlightened than the next man.

drewjustdrew
02-03-2005, 07:02 PM
Which one is the jilted lover in this quarrel?

AngryCola
"Subject:Bleh
You didn't need to take my comments so personally.
I wasn't trying to be an [censored]. I was really just curiious as to why you thought what you did.

But then you come at me with vague personal insults?
Why?

What did I do to you?
lol

Anyway... no big deal. I was just surprised you got so negative about the whole thing.

~Ryan"

Edge34
[ QUOTE ]
Mat was completely accurate in his description of your 'niggardly jews' post. If you think it was anywhere near intelligent commentary on racism, then you are way off.

I don't think you care whether your title post offended people, because you seem to be under the assumption that people who are offended by this are ignorant.

I know niggardly isn't a racist term, nor technically is jew. However, your post didn't arouse any thought in me other than thinking you were trying to get a rise out of people.

I'm glad you were warned. The forum should steer away from these crap posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did whoever started "JAPs" get banned? that's where this all started anyways. People need to lighten up.

pshreck
I pmed you bud, I asked you to do the same... way too much craving for status on these forums by people.

thatpfunk
02-03-2005, 07:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it was a really funny satire on the forums for that day since everyone was flipping out about racist garbage that didn't even exist. It made me crack up because people would take it the wrong way because of THEIR ignorance.

The jennicide pic was ok, but the location made that funny as well.

Glad sponger didn't get banned, he's good.

ThaSaltCracka
02-03-2005, 08:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]hahahaha!!!!!!

Reef
02-03-2005, 08:17 PM
I wish the avatar was a 5 second clip at least..

ThaSaltCracka
02-03-2005, 08:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wish the avatar was a 5 second clip at least..

[/ QUOTE ]welll.... sorry.

Sponger15SB
02-03-2005, 08:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I found a picture of you online Buster, I hope you don't mind me sharing....

http://page3.gotdns.com/page3/yourewelcome.jpg

Inthacup
02-03-2005, 08:30 PM
Buster is Jimmy Fallon?

_2000Flushes
02-03-2005, 08:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I used to be you dude, when I was like 21-22, the injustice and ignorance of all of it drove me nuts. Then I realized that it's just not worth it being all riled up. Then I realized that it sucks being the only person taking things seriously. Then I realized that not taking things seriously was fun.

Sponger is a smart guy (look at his choice in avatars), any number of people who cracked jokes that could be termed racists in that "Oriental" thread are very smart guys. They're not being racist, they're poking fun at the fact that guys like you get way more worked up over stupid stuff than is worthwhile.

Lighten up, have fun, don't let yourself be the butt of jokes because you're too busy being more enlightened than the next man.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy [censored]! Dids is fat.

-2kF

ethan
02-03-2005, 09:43 PM
every time I see your avatar, I feel like a bad person because I laugh.

That is all.