PDA

View Full Version : Here is a question for all of you investors out there.

chuckyx99
02-03-2005, 04:52 PM
What stocks have you invested in/or are looking to invest in the future? More importantly, what is your reasoning for the investment? Tivo/Netflix are disasters if you own them, bankruptcy!

chuckyx99
02-03-2005, 06:34 PM
Two stocks which will be very profitable, FLIP.OB and GPGI.PK, keep a close follow on those stocks since they are going to booOOooOOoM!

nongice626
02-03-2005, 09:39 PM
i dont how people can invest in e-stocks. you gotta be skiled, otherwise your another sucker.

goodedesign
02-04-2005, 01:57 AM

parttimepro
02-04-2005, 01:33 PM
Did you ever read about the 15-year-old kid who made half a million dollars pumping his stocks on internet bulletin boards? (I think his name was Jonathan Lebed? Saw this on 60 Minutes) During the boom, he'd find unknown penny stocks which were moderately priced relative to competitors, then spam the Yahoo finance boards about how it was about to EXPLODE! He'd sell a little while later.

Finally the SEC shut him down. They reached a settlement, but the kid ended up $500,000 ahead.

chuckyx99
02-04-2005, 03:54 PM
Is what I did really illegal? But I bet all of you have talked with a friend or relative about speculative stocks?

TGoldman
02-04-2005, 04:48 PM
That's a great story, thanks. A google search for 'Jonathan Lebed' provided plenty of information on the youngest person ever to be accused of securities fraud.

midas
02-04-2005, 06:38 PM
This was an amazing story. This kid was actually getting strong-armed by the SEC. He was actually accused of recommending stocks on internet BBs in order to increase their value. When the SEC (in the begining only his Mom was present)asked him a question - he would respond with this phrase "Isn't that what Wall Street analysts do when they publish reports?" This really pissed off the SEC Chairman, he was also angry that the kid had bought himself a BMW with the profits. When Mom finally got a lawyer the SEC backed-off most of the charges.

BTW, this coincided with the end of Wall Street research glory days.