PDA

View Full Version : Eurobet - Account Closed

captZEEbo1
02-03-2005, 03:43 PM
Played on eurobet this morning and was fine. Tried just now and got this message:
"Your account has been closed. You will not be able to log on or play. If you believe you ahve received this in error, please contact our customer support."

Anyone ever have a problem like this? I still had money on the site, and I don't even know if I'll be able to get it out. The only reason I can see them closing it, is because I already have an account at Party. This is really really frustrating me.

beyeond
02-03-2005, 03:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Played on eurobet this morning and was fine. Tried just now and got this message:
"Your account has been closed. You will not be able to log on or play. If you believe you ahve received this in error, please contact our customer support."

Anyone ever have a problem like this? I still had money on the site, and I don't even know if I'll be able to get it out. The only reason I can see them closing it, is because I already have an account at Party. This is really really frustrating me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just signed up for eurobet yesterday but haven't deposited yet. I know it's not what you want to hear, but e-mail support, and hope that they are more helpful than multi or intertops. I don't think they would close you for having a party account, there's just too many instances of that happening.

morgant
02-03-2005, 04:29 PM
they wont close your account for this, and it was most likely closed due to an oversensitive security check. just email support and they will help you. note that they have an internal email server which will get more expedient reply's.

captZEEbo1
02-04-2005, 12:30 PM
jesus christ. Over 24 hours later, they replied with this:

[ QUOTE ]

Dear Mr Lavery

Thank you for your message. We would like to inform you that your account is active.
If you would like information about your username/password we regret that we cannot give this kind of information
over the e-mailing service due to our security policy.
Please contact us by telephone on 0044 1483 765893 or use our "call me back" service.

Regards
Vicky
Eurobet Customer Service

<br>

Why was my account closed?

[/ QUOTE ]

What a load of bullcrap. I had the user/pass SAVED on my computer, so I obviously don't have a user/pass problem. I played in the morning, went to class for 2 hours, came back and tried again and it didn't work. This is ridiculously gay.

bigmac366
02-04-2005, 12:41 PM
i opened an account at eurobet recently and AFTER deposited my money they closed my account specifically because of my party account. i dont know how i'm going to get my money back either. i'm afraid to call because i dont want them to close my other accounts. sorry to hijack your thread. just venting /images/graemlins/mad.gif

MicroBob
02-04-2005, 12:45 PM
they routinely do this.

they lock up the account...then you call them and say you just wanted to play the tournaments there or something....then they open it back up for you.
It's a weird formality they do that they think provides extra security or something.

My intertops acct was closed (or suspended or whatever) about 10 minutes after opening it and depositing. I called them...they said 'okay...just making sure it was really you. we're just checking to be safe' or something like that...and it was open again in about 5 minutes.

Anyway..call them. There is NO WAY that euro is going to be able to close your party acct anyway.

theredwave
02-04-2005, 01:06 PM
True. This is exactly what happened when I opened Multi and PokerNow. Just call them and answer some security questions.

captZEEbo1
02-04-2005, 09:23 PM
wow, I never checked my party acct, but I just got an email from party:

[ QUOTE ]

Dear Greg Lavery,

We are always running checks on accounts for suspicious activity and recently found the content of some of your games to be inconsistent. We have therefore proceeded to place a temporary hold on your account until we complete a review of your game records.

We request you to kindly allow us 24-48 hours time to review the Game records and get back to you with a detailed report of our investigation.

We thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation in this matter, and hope that you appreciate our efforts to remain fair to all our players.

Should you have any comments, questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at alerts@partypoker.com and we will be more than glad to assist you.

Regards,

Kamy Smith
Investigations Team for Poker
alerts@partypoker.com
http://www.partypoker.com

[/ QUOTE ]

That's closed too. I think I know why. Eurobet wouldn't take mastercard (my only source of transferring money). So I sat at a private table heads up and intentionally lost x amount of hands in order to transfer like 600 dollars between the two accounts. I think that might be what happened.

mmbt0ne
02-04-2005, 09:25 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
That's closed too. I think I know why. Eurobet wouldn't take mastercard (my only source of transferring money). So I sat at a private table heads up and intentionally lost x amount of hands in order to transfer like 600 dollars between the two accounts. I think that might be what happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee, you think? Why would they close 2 accounts that obviously participated in some sort of fraudulent play?

TylerD
02-04-2005, 09:26 PM
Yep that would do it!

Thythe
02-04-2005, 09:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just about the stupidest thing in the world to do.

EDIT: People, I can not stress enough. Never, ever, intentionally lose money to any person for any reason. Private and public tables are not a means for transferring money.

captZEEbo1
02-05-2005, 03:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just about the stupidest thing in the world to do.

EDIT: People, I can not stress enough. Never, ever, intentionally lose money to any person for any reason. Private and public tables are not a means for transferring money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I've done it like 4 times before with my friend, and we've never had an issue. Although all 4 of those times were 50 dollars or less. I figured if it was a private heads up table, it didn't matter or something. I mean, in retrospect it makes sense that they wouldn't like it. But for some reason I assumed it was okay to do it heads up or something...

StellarWind
02-05-2005, 03:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well I've done it like 4 times before with my friend, and we've never had an issue. Although all 4 of those times were 50 dollars or less. I figured if it was a private heads up table, it didn't matter or something. I mean, in retrospect it makes sense that they wouldn't like it. But for some reason I assumed it was okay to do it heads up or something...

[/ QUOTE ]
Let's count the problems ...

1. The donor account may be compromised by someone who stole the password and is now looting the account. They froze your Party account for your protection. Don't forget to thank them.

2. Money laundering by criminals or terrorists. Bad money goes offshore and comes back as comparatively legitimate poker winnings. Aside from being good citizens of the world, offshore gambling operations have a strong survival interest in not allowing this. Governments such as the U.S. will go after organizations that enable terrorism and narcotics trafficing. The villains themselves would attempt to safeguard their activities by corrupting the site staff.

3. Fraudulent funding. The funds for your Party account could be from a stolen credit card, Neteller account, etc. Or you could have electronically transferred from a bank account with no funds in it. By the time the transfer bounces the money is in another account and possibly cashed out.

4. "Innocent" appearing violations such as yours enable criminals to probe systems for weaknesses that can be exploited for real crimes. Once they figure out what transgressions the security system can't see, they can attack the weakness for actual gain.

MicroBob
02-05-2005, 09:39 AM
Not to mention that they will want to now link the two accounts since they see a connection....this is in order to prohibit you from getting to play at the same table as yourself enabling you to cheat.

I don't think I even want to know how or why you set it up so that it was in completely different names and on different ISP's and different computers to do this.

Someone previously said that this was an incredibly stupid thing to do. If it's possible to agree with a statement 110% than this is one of those situations where that applies.

Serioiusly, this was REALLY freaking dumb.
The fact that you didn't even consider that this was the reason for you acct being locked when it first happened is kinda dumb too.