PDA

View Full Version : Questions for those who live in Las Vegas

Jason B
02-03-2005, 03:26 PM
Good afternoon everyone. I hope I am posting this in the right forum. And thanks in advance for your responses.

The opportunity has come up for the wife and myself to relocate to las vegas on our jobs. The wife has been offered a job with the new Wynn property and a week later out of the blue my former employer called me and asked me to come back and join their las vegas team.

We made a quick trip to Vegas over the past couple of days to investigate further. Las Vegas is and always has been our "home away from home". We love the city and can't get enough of it.

We started looking at real estate to get an idea as to whether or not this would be a good move. My first impression is real estate prices are way out of control in Vegas and purchasing a home there may not be an option at this point. Is this true? Are there any homes in decent areas that are affordable by the middle class?

Let me define what I am looking for. I have 2 elementary aged children. I do not want a gang infested grafitti covered area. I want a decent school where my kids can feel safe. I do not need a large home. An average 1700 square foot 3 bedroom is fine. Will I be able to find this for the $200,000 range or are these non-existent nowadays?

We really are excited to live in Vegas, but if homes are running $300,000+ for an average home, I don't think I can do it, for that matter I don't know how the majority of people there could afford a home. Again, thanks for your responses.

Jason B
02-03-2005, 04:04 PM
bump

BeerMoney
02-03-2005, 04:07 PM
www.realtor.com (http://www.realtor.com) for home searches. I think you'll be able to find something in the 200's range.

La Brujita
02-03-2005, 04:09 PM
Jason,

Try posting this in the Brick and Morter section. It is not the correct forum but you will have a better chance to get answers. News, Views and Gossip might have some Vegas regulars as well.

Good luck.

Edit to say if you use the search feature and also the search feature in the archives found at the left you may get some answers, I believe this has been discussed before.