PDA

View Full Version : Arcade Fire blows huge assballs

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-03-2005, 03:25 PM
To all the assholes going on and on about how fanfuckingtastic Arcade Fire is, I've got two words for you:

[censored] YOU.

I just wasted an hour of my life listening to that crap. I could barely stand it any more by the time I was a couple songs in, but I forced my way through the whole thing. I can understand that in a very narrow niche and exact circumstance, this would be proper music, but for general listening, it absolutely blows.

That is all. Good day.

sfer
02-03-2005, 03:29 PM
Sweet. My work is done here.

istewart
02-03-2005, 03:32 PM
You have zero taste. Album is sweet.

SossMan
02-03-2005, 03:49 PM
well, you are clearly not as cool as the rest of us.

edited to make the obligatory "Rocket Scientist" joke, but can't seem to think of one....damn.

daryn
02-03-2005, 04:40 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
You have zero taste. Album is sweet.

[/ QUOTE ]

i never understood this one either. somehow if he doesn't like the music you like, he has no taste? what if you have no taste? what if there is no such thing as good taste?

AEKDBet
02-03-2005, 04:58 PM
Track 4. The rest of the album I won't argue with you... but this one has an edge to it.

lucas9000
02-03-2005, 05:36 PM
wrong.

AngryCola
02-03-2005, 05:40 PM
Wtf is Arcade Fire?

I miss a day or so in OOT and end up completely lost. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-03-2005, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wtf is Arcade Fire?

I miss a day or so in OOT and end up completely lost. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't bother. It sucks.

Macdaddy Warsaw
02-03-2005, 05:43 PM
Rebellions (Lies). The album is a [censored] gift from God if you are an indie rock fan. Otherwise, I could see it being very meh.

Whatever. I'm all over Bloc Party now.

IndieMatty
02-03-2005, 05:47 PM
Bloc Party is g00t.

ThaSaltCracka
02-03-2005, 05:54 PM
Indie, that Avatar is great man, wow, definitely had me cracking up.

captZEEbo1
02-03-2005, 06:03 PM
arcade fire is amazing.

Six_of_One
02-03-2005, 06:14 PM
It astonishes me that a seemingly human person is physically capable of formulating an opinion that is so fundamentally wrong, without spontaneously bursting into flames.

Macdaddy Warsaw
02-03-2005, 06:21 PM
I thought that's why they called them opinions?

Holy crap, if he doesn't like The Arcade Fire, it's not the crime of the century. Whatever, just let it be.

Ulysses
02-03-2005, 08:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wtf is Arcade Fire?

[/ QUOTE ]

New band that hipsters are talking about as the next great thing. Last two bands I can recall hipsters going so crazy about were Interpol and Franz Ferdinand. Both I thought were overrated, though I do like FF. I have only heard one Arcade Fire song so far, so I don't have an opinion on them yet.

Six_of_One
02-03-2005, 09:24 PM
If you've heard the song that has recently been playing on mainstream radio, then you really haven't heard them at all...the edited-for-radio version is a pale imitation of what is on the album.

Nobody would ever confuse me with a hipster, though.

MarkL444
02-03-2005, 09:33 PM
assballs..hahaha

lucas9000
02-04-2005, 12:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wtf is Arcade Fire?

[/ QUOTE ]

New band that hipsters are talking about as the next great thing. Last two bands I can recall hipsters going so crazy about were Interpol and Franz Ferdinand. Both I thought were overrated, though I do like FF. I have only heard one Arcade Fire song so far, so I don't have an opinion on them yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't hold the fact that hipsters swoon over arcade fire against them. every now and then hipsters are on to something /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Shajen
02-04-2005, 10:51 AM
what are assballs?

BeerMoney
02-04-2005, 11:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
To all the assholes going on and on about how fanfuckingtastic Arcade Fire is, I've got two words for you:

[censored] YOU.

I just wasted an hour of my life listening to that crap. I could barely stand it any more by the time I was a couple songs in, but I forced my way through the whole thing. I can understand that in a very narrow niche and exact circumstance, this would be proper music, but for general listening, it absolutely blows.

That is all. Good day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be willing to bet $100 that I would agree with this post, even though I haven't listened to this music yet. A LOT of people will listen to music cause they think "Its the cool music" to listen to.. ie, its not on the radio, not everyone has heard of it, and it has a different sound.

Funny interview with KidRock "I bought the new Radiohead album, I gave it a try, and you know what? It SUCKED!" But, at the time, the RadioHead album was the cool new album. My friend tried this album for the same reasons.. Bought it without ever listening to a single song.. Guess what he thought of it?? He thought it sucked huge cock.

BeerMoney.

sfer
02-04-2005, 11:36 AM
BTW, it has been a long time I've bought a CD from someone I've never hear before and been totally surprised. It's just too easy to hop on the web and listen to free previews or download a free song or two.

sfer
02-04-2005, 11:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A LOT of people will listen to music cause they think "Its the cool music" to listen to.. ie, its not on the radio, not everyone has heard of it, and it has a different sound.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of people will characterize people that have different taste in things as having some sort of odd need to be cool.

IndieMatty
02-04-2005, 12:03 PM
I've purchased many albums purely based on pitchforks reviews and I have NEVER been dissapointed. Really. But I'm just trying to be cool.

I just wanted to post in this thread and show my avatar.

Shajen
02-04-2005, 12:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've purchased many albums purely based on pitchforks reviews and I have NEVER been dissapointed. Really. But I'm just trying to be cool.

I just wanted to post in this thread and show my avatar.

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto.

lucas9000
02-04-2005, 12:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A LOT of people will listen to music cause they think "Its the cool music" to listen to.. ie, its not on the radio, not everyone has heard of it, and it has a different sound.

[/ QUOTE ]

arcade fire is on the radio, every hipster and their mother has heard of them, and their sound is not all that original (see liars, !!!, the rapture, etc etc etc).

nevertheless i like it. why? because it sounds good to me. unfortunately, it sounds like you've already dismissed them because of this "anti-cool-music-to-listen-to" thing you've got going.

sfer
02-04-2005, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've purchased many albums purely based on pitchforks reviews and I have NEVER been dissapointed. Really.

[/ QUOTE ]

They missed the boat on the new Low CD.

istewart
02-04-2005, 01:16 PM
Liking music that you will only find about on pitchfork and that is only cool among hipsters is a lot better than hating music just because it's not on the radio and liking Simple Plan instead.

And no. All Radiohead albums are good.

Macdaddy Warsaw
02-04-2005, 01:34 PM
I don't think I'd equate Arcade Fire with any of those bands. These bands are all on my library and I'd have to say they all are much more dance-inclined (granted it is stupid hipster spazzing out dance) than The Arcade Fire. I mean Crown of Love, Haiti, and In The Backseat are nothing close to anything by any of these bands, unless you count something like Open Up Your Heart. But I hate that song.

IndieMatty
02-04-2005, 01:38 PM
I haven't read that one, actually the new site design really pisses me off, I havent been reading much. But I think the best thing I ever did was going right to the link and buying You Forgot it In People the day of the Broken Social Scene review, for like 3 weeks, I was the coolest kid on the block!

Actually that's no great accomplishment when you live on the Upper West Side.

lucas9000
02-04-2005, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I'd equate Arcade Fire with any of those bands. These bands are all on my library and I'd have to say they all are much more dance-inclined (granted it is stupid hipster spazzing out dance) than The Arcade Fire. I mean Crown of Love, Haiti, and In The Backseat are nothing close to anything by any of these bands, unless you count something like Open Up Your Heart. But I hate that song.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree completely that those groups are more dance-ish, but i hear some of that in arcade fire. it's like you combine polyphonic spree with those bands and you get arcade fire...or something. i think i've derailed, but my point was that arcade fire's sound isn't anything revolutionary.

istewart
02-04-2005, 01:46 PM
Arcade Fire is like a bit of the Rapture, Polyphonic Spree, the Shins, random French lyrics, and something else.

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-04-2005, 01:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Arcade Fire is like a bit of the Rapture, Polyphonic Spree, the Shins, random French lyrics, and something else.

[/ QUOTE ]
... huge assballs?

sfer
02-04-2005, 02:22 PM
Ni han.