PDA

View Full Version : How old are you part 2 ?

rachelwxm
02-03-2005, 03:15 PM
Inspired by recent post in MTT, I wonder if any care to share some personal information so we can be more constructive in make jokes and flames. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

How old are you? Again...?
Are you married, Children?
Occupation besides poker?
If studying, what and where?
SNG limit and site and rough ROI estimate. (not for tax purpose /images/graemlins/wink.gif)
Best poker accomplishment?

Feel free to answer whatever you feel comfortable.

faquewdikhed
02-03-2005, 03:18 PM
Married: She wishes
Studying: Poker, MIS
SNG Limit/ROI - Party $5, ~28%
Best poker accomplishment : Consistently beating the people who taught me to play

Unarmed
02-03-2005, 03:24 PM
HAHA Nice one Rachel!

How old are you? Again...? 26
Are you married, Children? Hell no! See previous question /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Occupation besides poker? Equity Research Analyst/2+2 Poster
If studying, what and where? Poker/Here
SNG limit and site and rough ROI estimate. (not for tax purpose ) Stars 10+1/32%
Best poker accomplishment? Picking up that hot poker room hostess in Vegas

rachelwxm
02-03-2005, 03:28 PM
Me 30
Working at Hedge fund in New York.
party $20 at the moment with 30%+ ROI
best achievement find a hobby that can pay my rent for living in NY.

skipperbob
02-03-2005, 03:32 PM
I'm 62...Married (within 50 miles of house)
3 children = (Dr.pokerplayer/2+2poster...Teacher....pokerdealer)
Real estate Developer in Southern Cal.
Play $50/$100/$200 SnG's & Steps all at PP
Career R.O.I. = negative infinity
Best Poker Accomplishment = watching my Son get really good at it

El Maximo
02-03-2005, 03:39 PM
Married: Yes, and she's hot
Studying: Poker, Bridge
SNG Limit/ROI - Party $10 @ 45% and $20 @ 22%
Best poker accomplishment : 7 final tables with 3 1st place finishes in large online MTTs

stupidsucker
02-03-2005, 03:41 PM
How old are you? Still 28

Are you married, Children? Kinda, no children

Occupation besides poker? lole @ teh work irl.

If studying, what and where?Not atm, but I would like to study for voice overs.

SNG limit and site and rough ROI estimate. (not for tax purpose ) 30s mainly... 25% career roi at the 30s over 3k tourneys

Best poker accomplishment? Being self employed(although I pay for it via stress levels)

Ps. Please dont make flames at me , I have a low self esteme, and I wish I was kidding.

Lumpy
02-03-2005, 03:46 PM
Married, 2 girls 4 and 2
IT
5-20, Stars, mid 20's
My biggest accomplishment has been getting my VPIP% down from the obscene levels they used to be at. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Unarmed
02-03-2005, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Ps. Please dont make flames at me , I have a low self esteme, and I wish I was kidding.

[/ QUOTE ]

No flames man, you're a killer poker player and thats all that matters to us. /images/graemlins/smile.gif The only way someone is getting flamed here is if they post a picture of themselves.

On a related note: I DOUBLE dare someone to post a pcture of themselves - hahaha

The Yugoslavian
02-03-2005, 03:54 PM
How old are you? Again...? -- 24

Are you married, Children? -- No and no.

Occupation besides poker? -- Advertising Account Executive (working on Verizon Wireless' westcoast region)

If studying, what and where? -- Poker/Life/Myself/Women/Advertising (all either at work or my apartment) /images/graemlins/grin.gif

SNG limit and site and rough ROI estimate. -- 11s-55s, PP, ROI TBD

Best poker accomplishment? -- 1st place in a 55 SNG (true story), /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yugoslav

Note to StupidSucker: Done. (feel free to PM me if I renig on this without realizing it)

The Yugoslavian
02-03-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I DOUBLE dare someone to post a pcture of themselves

[/ QUOTE ]

Dalibaby did and he's totally badass (I hear he's already mowing down the 11s).

Yugoslav

(Several other SNGers have in other forums btw)

stupidsucker
02-03-2005, 03:59 PM
Thats me in my sig there.

lacky
02-03-2005, 04:16 PM
How old are you? Again...? 38 in 3 weeks
Are you married, Children? yes, 3 and 1/2 daughters
Occupation besides poker? none
If studying, what and where? poker, birth control
SNG limit and site and rough ROI estimate. (not for tax purpose ) party skins, $55's 7 to 8 tableing at 16% /images/graemlins/frown.gif, $109's 6 to 7 tabling at 8% /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Best poker accomplishment? 6th in a 1500 person multi, 1st in a 400 person multi.

morgan180
02-03-2005, 04:21 PM

married, yes
children - a bun in the oven
occupation - COO of my own mortgage company (as of yesterday!) formerly account executive for online agency
studying 2+2 books
SNGs 10+1 on party rough ROI (only over 154 SNGs, no flames plesae i know this is pathetic sample and don't expect to maintain it and haven't posted it previously b/c of this) ROI 46.4% ITM 48.05

best poker accomplishment - none yet, a few big buy-in qualifier wins and some MTT cashes, but no biggies yet.

picture - i posted one of me and my wife back in chief's christmas thread.

Baked67
02-03-2005, 04:49 PM
Hey, I'm 21.
Not married but am engaged to be.
I work in the Emergency Room as a regestration clerk/service rep.
Not currently studying but will be going back to take some Gen Ed classes that I need for Vet Technician school.
10+1 STT NL at Poker Room ROI estimate: through 100 5's and 100 10's is 50% but I know that dont mean sh*t.
Winning my 1st multi table tournament a couple weeks ago was the [censored], but coming in 2nd in a lucky dollar tournament with 1600 people and winning 850 bucks takes the cake as my best accomplishment.

The Bloke
02-03-2005, 04:55 PM
> How old are you? Again...?
25. Still 25.
> Are you married, Children?
Not yet! (re children, not for a long time /images/graemlins/smile.gif )
> Occupation besides poker?
Database programmer and general IT handyman
> SNG limit and site and rough ROI estimate.
£22 ($40) Cryptologic network. 25% (on the 50 tournaments since I started recording it :P )
> Best poker accomplishment?
Getting ITM (4th/18) in my first 2+2 Euro tournament! /images/graemlins/smile.gif Except I got a lot of lucky breaks.. let's see how I do next week.
> Worst poker accomplishment?
Deciding that, after my first 3 weeks of £1/£2 limit play, I wanted a crack at £1/£2NL. Losing £1000 in 3 hours. Hey, so I like to gamble..

e_fermat
02-03-2005, 05:02 PM
How old are you? Again...? --> 29
Are you married, Children? --> Engaged, shotgun?...i hope not
Occupation besides poker? --> CPA among other things
If studying, what and where? --> N/A
SNG limit and site and rough ROI estimate. (not for tax purpose ) --> Stars turbos $25-105; Party $20-30 ~18% +/- 5% depending on level
Best poker accomplishment? --> Going from absolute fish to respectable play in a about 2 weeks, no books, just this forum.

sofere
02-03-2005, 05:07 PM
How old are you? Again...? 23

Are you married?
Not yet - any takers? Maybe we should start a M seeking F or F seeking M thread /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Children? Just myself /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Occupation besides poker? Mutual Fund Accountant

If studying, what and where? Just no limit right now, hopefully b-school finance soon.

SNG limit/ROI - Stars $11s 35% over 200 games, just breaking into $22s

Favorite poker moment? Its a toss up between finishing 4th in a 300 person $5 MTT when just starting and getting a royal flush in a $0.25/0.50 limit when I only had $0.12 left in my chip stack and was all-in preflop.

Fun thread BTW, thanx Rachel

BigDave
02-03-2005, 05:22 PM
How old are you? Again...? 28

Are you married, Children? Married, first child due in June

Occupation besides poker? Computer guy for the Gov.

If studying, what and where? Finishing my IT degree at UoPhoenix

SNG limit and site and rough ROI estimate. (not for tax purpose ) Party Poker, mostly $10's, 28% ROI after 277 tourneys.

Best poker accomplishment: Won first two tourneys (live) I ever played

Scuba Chuck
02-03-2005, 05:24 PM
How old are you?
31 in two weeks
Married, 15 month old boy and another due in June
Morgan Stanley - financial advisor 6+ years
Boring stuff - Divorce Financial Analyst
SNG limit and site and rough ROI estimate. (not for tax purpose )
Party Poker - 22 - 55s.
I've only been playing seriously since early December. Not worth reporting ROI.
Seriously - discovering this website.

BTW, I'm male. It's difficult to tell how many of you are females

iMsoLucky0
02-03-2005, 05:32 PM
How old are you? Again...? 20

Are you married, Children? Getting married in June, no children.

Occupation besides poker? I am a student, but I spend a helluva lot more time playing poker than studying.

If studying, what and where? Economics (mainly poker) at the University of Oklahoma

SNG limit and site and rough ROI estimate. (not for tax purpose ) I play exclusively 109s on party, with a ROI of about 23%.

Best poker accomplishment? Winning a local live tournament 3 weeks in a row for about 2 grand each time.

hovemag
02-03-2005, 05:38 PM
How old......43
married son13 daughter15 (now thats frightening)
Occupation supply chain management
sng PP $11s ROI 77% (only played 180)
Accomplishment...winning streak 11 firsts from 16 inc 7 in a row(hence dodgy roi)

rachelwxm
02-03-2005, 05:39 PM
unfortunately gigabet already proposed. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

microbet
02-03-2005, 05:42 PM

Married, 2 daughters ages 5 and 2

Housing Development and maintaining an older job of web development

Studied Math and English a long time ago at UC Berkeley

$11s at party for now, will move to $22s pretty soon.
ROI about 35%, but only 216 SNG's. Would be a higher, but I had a terrible streak when I prematurely tried 3 and 4 tabling.

No single great accomplishment, but I was probably the biggest overall winner over about 3 years in a very tough home game.

wbrumfiel
02-03-2005, 05:42 PM
How old are you? Again...? 25
Are you married, Children? Married, no kids
Occupation besides poker? IT Professional
If studying, what and where? Same lame Poker answer
SNG limit and site and rough ROI estimate. (not for tax purpose ) $10-$20 at UB. Just started keeping track of finishes last night so I wont say what it is yet /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Best poker accomplishment? So far, making $1200 in my first month of playing poker online. Im sure there will be a lot more to come.

bunky9590
02-03-2005, 06:21 PM
33 years old.

Married with a 4 y/o daughter

Business owner/ part time poker player

Best poker accomplishment? Not going broke. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Where from in NJ Rach?

rachelwxm
02-03-2005, 06:23 PM
I am in jersry city, right by Hudson river.

bunky9590
02-03-2005, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you married?
Not yet

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Occupation besides poker? Mutual Fund Accountant

[/ QUOTE ]

See, this might be the problem. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

bunky9590
02-03-2005, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I'm south near Atlantic City. Just curious. Always like to meet the members of the NJ/NYC gang.

Hotdog
02-03-2005, 06:26 PM
Married: Divorced, 7 year old daughter
Studying: Poker, BS management
SNG limit and ROI: Party $10 ~30% ROI ~45% ITM
Best Poker Accomplishment: 4th place in Step 5 with gigabet at the table

rachelwxm
02-03-2005, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I'm south near Atlantic City. Just curious. Always like to meet the members of the NJ/NYC gang.

[/ QUOTE ]
cool, I have been to AC a couple of times before.

Gigabet
02-03-2005, 06:41 PM
How old are you? Again...? 27

Are you married, Children? No, and No

Occupation besides poker? Can't believe there are people who really work for others.

SNG limit and site and rough roi estimate. Step 5/PP 1300+ @ 13%; 215/PP 10,000+ @ 18%

Best poker accomplishment? Relieving SpiritRock of 40k.

sofere
02-03-2005, 06:49 PM
You obviously don't know many mutual fund accountants. We're a wild bunch and are all 6'4 200 lbs and all muscle.

And for the last time, we don't all have pocket protectors, wear thick glasses and talk like Woody Allen! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

The Yugoslavian
02-03-2005, 07:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Best poker accomplishment? Relieving SpiritRock of 40k.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice, /images/graemlins/wink.gif

stupidsucker
02-03-2005, 07:05 PM
I read this post, and it amuses me that it has reached 4 pages so quickly with excellent response. The website offers anyone to put this info in a small bio where we can just click and read about anyone. A post like this that never dies, and never goes to the archives.

I too am to blame. I wouldnt think to use the feature at all, yet I enjoy this sort of thing. Maybe I will....

I WILL USE TEH FEATURE!

Follow me into a bright shiney poker community. I invite you to click on my name and read my bio.. Perhaps I will update it daily like a journal....

ChrisV
02-03-2005, 08:53 PM
How old are you? Again...? 25
Are you married, Children? No, no.
Occupation besides poker? Software developer.
SNG limit and site and rough ROI estimate? Party 215. I've only recorded my last 500-ish, my ROI over that is just shy of 10% but I've had a flat patch. Over my whole career my best guess is something like 2350 played @ 13% ROI.
Best poker accomplishment? Winning at SNGs, I guess.
Picture?? I'll be the first to take this challenge. Click It Here (http://www.planetsoftware.com.au/ChrisV.jpg) to see me in all my glory!

MagnoliasFM
02-03-2005, 09:17 PM
How old are you? 17
Are you married, Children? I'm not married and I don't have children. I'm looking for a girlfriend though. /images/graemlins/wink.gif
Occupation besides poker? Student
If studying, what and where? Business and Econ, UC Berkeley
SNG limit and site and rough ROI estimate. (not for tax purpose ) I recently moved up to Party 20+2 and don't have enough games to know my ROI (after 50 games my ROI is 0.2 due to a couple of missed coinflips)
Best poker accomplishment? I managed to not play poker for a whole day because I just wanted to see if I could do it. It was hard, but I did it.

The Yugoslavian
02-03-2005, 10:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Picture?? I'll be the first to take this challenge. Click It Here (http://www.planetsoftware.com.au/ChrisV.jpg) to see me in all my glory!

[/ QUOTE ]

That is almost exactly as I pictured you. Weird.

As far as myself, I look alot like the guy in my avatar when I haven't shaved.

Yugoslav

wkoch
02-03-2005, 10:18 PM
How old? 35

Married/Children: yes and 3 kids 12, 5 and 3 one on the way (need to play more poker)

Job: Cop (shhh)

SNG's: Play at absolute poker (don't laugh)$1+.15 not a big sample yet about 35games ROI/ITM 33%/53% (just starting)

best poker accomplishment: playing with money that I won on freeroll league and not spending any of my own yet.

byronkincaid
02-03-2005, 10:27 PM
How old are you? Again...? 32
Are you married, Children? No, One gorgous baby girl (she don't look like she does in my stars avater anymore)
Occupation besides poker? Nothing else I would want to do ATM.
If studying, what and where? Should be studying here a lot more
SNG limit and site and rough ROI estimate. (not for tax purpose ) 1000+ $50s @ 15% but much happier playing 300+ $20s @ 35%
Best poker accomplishment? Destroying you lot in the America v Euro 2+2 multi.

Laughingboy
02-03-2005, 10:43 PM
How old are you? 30
Are you married? No. Children? God, I hope not.
Occupation besides poker? Recovering software engineer. If you want to see one of my crimes, check out http://www.foxsports.com. Yep, I built that. Stop me before I kill again.
If studying, what and where? Univ. of Michigan Law School.
SNG limit and site and rough ROI estimate: $33, ~35% over 500 tourneys at Stars. Just moved to the 55s at Party last week, where, after much improvement, my ROI is now around 0 /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Best poker accomplishment? Busting out Phil Helmuth three times in a UB $2.00 buyin NL sidegame. Ok, so he maybe he wasn't playing his A-game. It may not be the best accomplishment, but surely it's the funniest.

Picture? I'm not quite that drunk yet, but hey, it's early.

SuitedSixes
02-03-2005, 10:55 PM
How old are you?
Again...?
Are you married?
Barely
Children?
1 girl, 3-yo Picture (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=161714 5&Forum=,f20,&Words=&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Main=16 13582&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=10938&dateran ge=1&newerval=3&newertype=w&olderval=&oldertype=&b odyprev=#Post1617145)
Network Engineer amd H.S. Volleyball Coach (State Champs in 2005!)
Security+ and Poker
$11, but not for long, Party/Eurobet
Winning a family tournament against three family members I can't stand. Winning hand: Quad 6's . . . hence the name "SuitedSixes" Picture (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=161714 5&Forum=,f20,&Words=&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Main=16 13582&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=10938&dateran ge=1&newerval=3&newertype=w&olderval=&oldertype=&b odyprev=#Post1617145)

SuitedSixes
02-03-2005, 11:08 PM
Your avatar is great.

El Maximo
02-03-2005, 11:11 PM
I use to be able to impress my wife with my few hundred dollar take each week. Now she read this post and is on Expedia looking for a plane ticket to Iowa.

IMTheWalrus8
02-03-2005, 11:36 PM
What the hell, I'll jump in:

How old are you? Again...? 37
Are you married, Children? Nope. Nope.
Occupation besides poker? Marketing for Medical Publisher, and former editorial type
If studying, what and where? Eight years of martial arts and counting.
SNG limit and site and rough ROI estimate. (not for tax purpose ) Four months at 5 - 20 @ PP and Stars and, roughly, - .026. Biggest mistake was jumping levels before I was ready. Maybe I SHOULD use it for tax purposes.
Best poker accomplishment? Made my first final table earlier this week, placing ninth out of 1006 @ PP. So close to tripling my bank roll ...

silversurfer
02-03-2005, 11:49 PM
How old are you? Again...?
gf, no thanks
assistant collections mngr in manhattan
TPfAP, ToP, Inside...Mind
Withdrew bankroll to catch up debts while between jobs. Back to the 10's-20's in a week. Stars only. 35%.
Beating you heads up on Stars. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif Seriously, my two sat wins were a load of fun.

rachelwxm
02-04-2005, 12:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Beating you heads up on Stars. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif Seriously, my two sat wins were a load of fun.

[/ QUOTE ]
Care for a rematch? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

bball904
02-04-2005, 01:20 AM
How old are you? 36
Are you married, Children? Yes (4 months), No
Occupation besides poker? Making sure the dogs don't piss or crap in the house
SNG limit and site and rough ROI estimate. Party 55's, 18%
2nd best poker accomplishment? Winning $2400 for 1st in a Pacific multi
Best poker accomplishment? Realizing ring games and multi's were not the way to quit work and play poker full time.

Slim Pickens
02-04-2005, 01:59 AM
age 26
single, but current girlfriend can outplay me, so maybe not for long...
occupation: (paid) graduate student studying how to shove nuclear waste under Las Vegas so no one will find it for a million years
loc: UC Berkeley... but moving to Vegas soon
I play: Party 10's and 20's
ROI shows up green in PT, but could turn red at any moment
best poker accomplishment: beating aforementioned girlfriend out of a $40 home game pot when we both turned over KK and I drew out the flush. I know I didn't "do" anything, but still...

picture: so you all get the handle: Slim picken' (http://photo.gouldhome.com/gallery/306441/1/12183920/Large)

Slim

Daliman
02-04-2005, 03:18 AM
How old are you? Again...? 34
Are you married, Children? Yes, 1 son.
Occupation besides poker? Mr. Mom
If studying, what and where? Poker, Game Theory and Zen(I need LOTS of Zen..)
SNG limit and site and rough ROI estimate. $200+15's, Party, 14%
Best poker accomplishment? 7 Straight wins and 10 straight cashes in $200 tourneys.

Daliman and Dalibaby (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1616247&page=12&view= collapsed&sb=5&o=14&vc=1)

AleoMagus
02-04-2005, 07:02 AM
Rachel, forgive me if this comes across wrong, but what is your mother tongue?

If it is english, I apologize, but it just seems that at times your posts are worded in a slightly foreign manner. Maybe you just type really fast and don't worry much about grammar. If so, I apologize.

Otherwise, I am curious.

Regards
Brad S

byronkincaid
02-04-2005, 07:37 AM
You forgot to answer the questions Mr Magus dude.

rachelwxm
02-04-2005, 10:21 AM
I am Chinese. And seems my English never improved even I live in U.S. now. From time to time I have trouble understand American humor, not being insensitive. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I probably do more English writing here than anywhere else so you can understand.

etgryphon
02-04-2005, 10:37 AM
Married/Kids: Yes, 1 Daughter (13 mon.)
Studying: Carnegie-Mellon Masters in Software Engineering
SNG Limit/ROI: 20 - 30 with a ROI ~35%
Best Poker Accomplishment:
6th in a 200 person $55 MTT
Worst Poker Accomplishment:
6th in a 200 person $55 MTT because I had 60% of all the chips and a 3/1 chip lead over 2nd place and I played like a moron because I was at the final table for the first time.

ericlambi
02-04-2005, 12:01 PM
How old are you? 25

Are you married, Children? Yes,No

Occupation besides poker? Engineer/MBA Student

If studying, what and where? Finance - The University of Chicago

SNG limit and site and rough ROI estimate. (not for tax purpose ) PP $20-$50. No idea on ROI - I delete my spreadsheet every time I go on a bad run. I average about $1500/mo playing 15-20 hours/wk.

Once I got 2nd in a 800 person MTT tourney on UB. That is a pretty pathetic "best" accomplishment though.

Poker Goals:

1) Stop making stupid mistakes.

2) ~15% ROI on $100+9 by next September, when I'm quitting my job to go to school fulltime.

silversurfer
02-04-2005, 01:54 PM
Sure. I'll PM you in a week when I reload. Or just look for the guy reading a 2 + 2 book in the evening on the light rail and we'll set it up then. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

realbad101
02-04-2005, 03:14 PM
How old... 36
Married... Yes, happily and luckily so, although I hear more complaints nowadays about being a poker widow
Children... Two little buggers
Job... Engineering Mgr at a well known Telecom Vendor
Dream Job... Playing under the hot lights full time
Study... 2+2 literature religously
SNG ROI... 55% on 10+1's... Small sample size, only started concentrating on tournaments this year
Best (and least useful) Poker accomplishment... I won a 2000 person play money tournament on party, 5 hours of my life gone with no money to show for it

Mr_Gordon
02-04-2005, 03:23 PM
How old are you? 23

Are you married, Children? not for another 7 years I hope

Occupation besides poker? Classical Musician

If studying, what and where? Cleveland Institue of Music

SNG limit and site and rough ROI estimate. 20's, party, 31% over 2k sng's

Best poker accomplishment? being able to stop for the day when I know I'm running bad.

wbrumfiel
02-04-2005, 07:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Best poker accomplishment? being able to stop for the day when I know I'm running bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
If I could do that Id probably be a millionaire /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gramps
02-04-2005, 07:28 PM
Married, Children: Not yet, not yet
Occupation besides poker? Poker/being glad I'm not a lawyer anymore.
Studying? I'm glad I don't have to study anymore
SNG limit and site and rough ROI (not including rakeback): Empire 215s (4,031 9.02 % ROI, 11.3% since start of October (last 2,652), 910 109s, 13.81 %.
Best poker accomplishment? Doing this for a living
Strenghts: 4-tabling while surfing internet and watching TV, keeping my wits about me during a 10k downsing
Weaknesses: Still make impatient/bad plays on a semi-regular basis.

stupidsucker
02-04-2005, 07:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If this were easy to overcome then anyone with the slightest math skill could be a pro poker player. The gamble inside us all makes poker what it is on several levels.

Gramps
02-04-2005, 07:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this were easy to overcome then anyone with the slightest math skill could be a pro poker player. The gamble inside us all makes poker what it is on several levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd categorize bad/impatient plays into two general groupings. One is the "I'm curious what the other guy has/what the hell I'll call his bet/raise when I shouldn't be in this hand still/call off my chips on a < 50% draw" type of plays. I think I'm good about not making too many of these mistakes.

The other is "competitive aggressive/run over people" impatient/bad type of plays. I'm competitive and aggressive by nature, and one thing I love about SNGs is that there's times when this is optimal strategy. But...there's plenty of times when it's not, yet I tend to do it anyhow at a number of inopportune times. That's more what I was referring to as my weakness - maybe it's still "gambling" in a sense, but at least it's not "call off your chips" type gambling.

lacky
02-04-2005, 08:15 PM
thats my weakness to, i just wanna win the damn thing NOW sometimes.

Why don't you get a second moniter and surf less and play 6 at a time? just couriose

Steve

Gramps
02-04-2005, 09:35 PM
I've thought about experimenting with that - maybe even do 4 215s and 2 109s with more of an ABC approach. The thing I like now about 4 is that it's not a grind, not having to be super-focused the whole time makes it very sustainable on a month to month basis.

Would be nice to up the hourly though.

hyde
02-04-2005, 10:22 PM
How old are you? Again...? still 55, seems I'm the elder...
Are you married, recently released from vows.
Children? 3 kids 20,18,15 ( the 15 year old covers for me on bathroom breaks)( he's solid but likes draws...)
Occupation besides poker? aeronaut. I fly balloons.
If studying, what and where? should have studied much earlier in life, would like to have poker be my retirement job.....
SNG limit and site and rough ROI estimate. (not for tax purpose ) I play mostly 30's on Stars. I win, but not enough.....
Best poker accomplishment? a first and a second in the 'atlantic and pacific the same night. it's a tough crowd.
picture: www.balloonsovernewengland.com (http://www.balloonsovernewengland.com)

hyde/ dr. jekyl

silversurfer
02-05-2005, 01:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad to see that even the semi-pros do this, this is my biggest hurdle by far. Disappointing to follow up a 56% ROI stretch with a 13% ROI one because I didn't have the proper mindset that day. And I'm not referring to variance; I man those days where you can go back and see where you consistenly cost yourself games with bad play.

wkoch
02-05-2005, 01:16 AM
Children? 3 kids 20,18,15 [ QUOTE ]
( the 15 year old covers for me on bathroom breaks)( he's solid but likes draws...)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a classic !!!

3rdEye
02-05-2005, 01:29 AM
24 years old. No kids. Masters in Economics. Greatest poker accomplishment: Winning a 1500 person MTT on Stars.

Don't really do online SNG's, but my ROI in home game SNG's is probably 30% or so.

Kanchi
02-05-2005, 01:41 AM
No wife or kids.
I worked at Old Navy and at a Dry Cleaner's up until a few months ago =/. I stopped at the Dry Cleaner's more recently though.
Business Economics at York U
I don't have a real sample size for $30+$3's and I'm on a weak run. I didn't keep track for $20+$2's.
Nothing really, but I'm more then happy with what I've made so far. I'm still just learning.

CardSharpCook
02-05-2005, 01:44 AM
no and no (but I hope I meet her soon)
Cook
Poker, cooking, guitar
ROI on party 50 SNG was like 18%, but I'm not playing those much anymore
best poker accomplishment: Maintaining a pokerroom at the Culinary Institute of America. Not that we were raking or anything, but we played in the hall lounge every day, gambling for real money, and due to my efforts (ie talking to the RAs, cleaning up after the game, enforcing the no alcohol rule, simply showing up every night and garunteeing the game) we kept the room open and live for 5 months. They called me "Poker God" "the Godfather of Rosenthal hall poker" and "friend". I remember once a newbie came up to me and said, "so you're in charge hear?" "whoa, buddy, no one is in charge here, but yes, I'll take your money." That was fun. A friend told me last week that the pokerroom died. The lounge was consistently left messy, alcohol violations, and holes were punched into the wall by a player I never met. They lock the lounge at night now.

CSC