PDA

View Full Version : AKs on the button.

Fianchetto
02-03-2005, 03:08 PM
Same live $12-$24 game. Game is great, calling stations, steamers….god please let me get some hands.

My prayers are answered when I find A /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif on the button.

MP open raises….

(tricky and tilt prone, he plays somewhat aggressively but far too loose, he’s also stuck pretty good)

…LP calls, I 3-bet, BB (total calling station) does what he does best.

4 players (6BB)

Flop: 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Checked around.

4 players (6BB)

Turn: 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Checked to me, I bet, BB calls, MP raises, LP folds, I 3-bet, BB calls all-in, MP calls.

3 players (15BB)

River: 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Checked around.

Comments on all streets appreciated

Results to follow.

stoxtrader
02-03-2005, 03:09 PM
I think its an ugly hand. definitely bet the flop.

Fianchetto
02-03-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think its an ugly hand. definitely bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

“Ugly” as in horribly misplayed, or “ugly” as in you got rivered?

I had a tight image, and I wanted some action on what seemed to be a fairly safe board for my flopped nuts.

My other thought was that nobody would really stick around for a heart draw since I held all of the high hearts.

KegNog
02-03-2005, 03:53 PM
If you have a calling station and a guy already on tilt (or presumable), I bet this flop fully expecting a call from both at the very least, and quite possibly a raise from MP, where u can smooth call trapping in the CS.
I also bet the turn - my only fear is Ladies from the MP player, but you don't know enough on that yet since the flop was checked.
River, can't do anything other than check.

pokerjo22
02-03-2005, 04:17 PM
I'd have played it the same way, and for the same reasons. Where were you playing just out of interest?

bunky9590
02-03-2005, 04:31 PM
In a game of steamers and calling stations, I bet that flop every day and twice on Sunday. They wanna be calling stations? Give them somethiong to call. Nice river check.

Ten7offsuit
02-03-2005, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In a game of steamers and calling stations, I bet that flop every day and twice on Sunday. They wanna be calling stations? Give them somethiong to call. Nice river check.

[/ QUOTE ]

stonecoldnuts
02-03-2005, 04:54 PM
Easy bet for the same reasons as posted above

Fianchetto
02-03-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Where were you playing just out of interest?

[/ QUOTE ]

California Grand in Pacheco.

DeezNutz3
02-03-2005, 07:44 PM
Took the words out of my mouth. Bet this flop.

pokerjo22
02-03-2005, 09:00 PM
OK, second question then - do they always run a 12-24 game, or is it only at certain times in the week?

Fianchetto
02-04-2005, 08:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
do they always run a 12-24 game, or is it only at certain times in the week?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its everyday.

Fianchetto
02-04-2005, 08:43 PM
MP has 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB takes it down with 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif and MHING.

Best part is afterward when MP proudly states "I have a full house!", then when he realizes he still loses starts berating the BB for calling the turn...."How can you call the turn with that, why did you call his raise on the turn?!"

This from the guy who just went 3-bets with me on the turn while holding pocket 3's. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

NLSoldier
02-04-2005, 11:18 PM
I would definately bet the flop.

Also, even though its clearly -EV, I would be tempted to bet the river just so I could tell everyone how sick of a value bet I made /images/graemlins/cool.gif

elysium
02-05-2005, 01:50 AM
hi fian

b3-Bb2....g6-Bg7 if you're italian....how are you?

fian, you made an error by not betting the flop. you've got to bet these fast fian. you need to get the bets in there before another heart comes off and slows things down. you're on the button. and by the way, this is not an invulnerable hand. if 2 pair or trips is going to drawout on you, then you must make them pay.

never play the flop like this with that.