PDA

View Full Version : O'Sheas Chips Are In... Picture

MikeyEdge
02-03-2005, 02:56 PM
My O'Sheas Chips are in. Thanks for everyone's input from the earlier post about them. I got these Nexgen's from 5stardeal and the labels were printed by Lynbark. It took me about 5 hours to put the 800 labels on 400 chips. I didn't do it all at once, it actually wasn't that bad. I put the Matte Krylon Preserve on them after I put the stickers on. I just laid them all out on newspaper in the garage and sprayed away. At first I thought it was mistake, but once they dried, they looked great. Its a must for anyone who prints out labels. What do you guys think? Sorry I couldn't post more pictures, my digital camera is garbage.

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=200996

warewulf
02-03-2005, 03:31 PM
Good job! They look really nice!

jalsing
02-03-2005, 04:10 PM
Nice labels. The sample you show look perfect, did Lynbark get the majority of the labels centered do you think?

Cin0s3
02-03-2005, 04:25 PM
Looks to me that has the normal variances that I get on mine. Look at the writing on the bottom of the label as compared to the edgeof the chip. There is no one that can get them dead on balls accurate dead center every time. Not even Kinko's or other places like that. Its just the nature of printers there are just too many variables with paper thats been feed on a wheel & belt.

Fins
02-03-2005, 04:43 PM
They look great... I wasn't sure how the black bkg would look but it turned out nice... much better than I thought.

Why'd you spray the labels after you put them on the chips? Sounds like it really doesn't matter but I would have thought it'd effect the feel/look of the chips... just curious if you recommend doing it that way or spraying the labels first.

- Fins

MikeyEdge
02-03-2005, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nice labels. The sample you show look perfect, did Lynbark get the majority of the labels centered do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say that they were about 95% accurate. He gave enough extras to make up for the ones that were too far off center.

MikeyEdge
02-03-2005, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why'd you spray the labels after you put them on the chips? Sounds like it really doesn't matter but I would have thought it'd effect the feel/look of the chips... just curious if you recommend doing it that way or spraying the labels first.

[/ QUOTE ]

I put the stickers on first because I wasn't sure if the spray would leave smudges if was handling them and pressing them in with my finger. Also I wanted to have a consistent look and feel over the whole chip. If I had to do it again, I would do it the same way.

jtr
02-03-2005, 05:51 PM
Very nice, they look great.

theRealMacoy
02-03-2005, 06:26 PM
sweet looking chips!

cheers,
the real macoy

Cin0s3
02-03-2005, 06:51 PM
Did it change any of the look of the chips at all? they look a little bit shiny by the light of the flash. Also what is the name of the stuff you used? I get alot of people asking me about it.

duma
02-04-2005, 07:13 AM
are these vinyl labels or paper labels?

Fins
02-04-2005, 10:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Did it change any of the look of the chips at all? they look a little bit shiny by the light of the flash. Also what is the name of the stuff you used? I get alot of people asking me about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seen this mentioned a few times... Krylon protective spray (http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=krylon%20matte).

- Fins

MikeyEdge
02-04-2005, 10:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't really change the color of the chips, maybe .5% darker. And it just adds a little more texture to the chip. Its kind of a thin hard coating over the whole chip.

I got my Krylon Protective Spray at Hobby Lobby for $5.99. I'm not sure if thats a national chain or not, I live in Illinois.

Cin0s3
02-04-2005, 04:38 PM
Thanks for the info guys!