PDA

View Full Version : Urgent message from PP

fyodor
02-03-2005, 02:46 PM
Got this when I logged on today (Feb. 3, 2005):

"We had sent an email on 17-Aug-04 21:07 ET to you and faced problems while delivering it to your email account. We could not communicate with your email server provider..."

There was more but that's enough. So glad they jumped right on that. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

rwinns
02-03-2005, 02:52 PM
I got the same message. How did you solve this problem? I told them to e-mail me a new code but it has not been received yet. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

MicroBob
02-03-2005, 02:55 PM
Some e-mail services are suddenly blocking party and skins.

you're going to have to use a new e-mail address to receive e-mails from party.
the validation code won't make it to your current e-mail.

my peoplepc email is blocking it all of a sudden so i had to change the e-mail address that I use.

Broken Glass Can
02-03-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
my peoplepc email is blocking it all of a sudden so i had to change the e-mail address that I use.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't this create problems with Neteller, since they require that the email address at Neteller and the poker sites be the same?

Inthacup
02-03-2005, 03:04 PM
I know a guy who got this same message. He uses hotmail. I use Yahoo and haven't had any problems.

What email provider do you use?

Cup

Stupendous_Man
02-03-2005, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
my peoplepc email.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know... I saw you make a comment in another thread about having dial-up and thought you were kidding. Now, I'm just /images/graemlins/shocked.gif.

Stupendous_Man
02-03-2005, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't this create problems with Neteller, since they require that the email address at Neteller and the poker sites be the same?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the same thing. Thought chaging your email address had a ripple effect on all the others.

hardinda
02-03-2005, 03:09 PM
I've had problems with my neteller email address and stars registered address, but never with Party and skins.

rwinns
02-03-2005, 03:21 PM
I use hotmail. Should i change to yahoo? And then change my neteller account as well.

HesseJam
02-03-2005, 04:36 PM
Yahoo blocks as well. But you'll find the mail in the bulk mail folder.

Look in the bulk mail folder anyways, no matter what e-mail service you are using

TiK
02-03-2005, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yahoo blocks as well. But you'll find the mail in the bulk mail folder.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been using Yahoo for all my poker site correspondence for a long while now (a couple of years) and have never had a problem. Well actually, at first the e-mails tended to get delivered to my Spam folder, but when you click on the button that says "Not Spam" for the non-spam e-mails that get sent to your spam folder, it learns to not send those e-mails into the spam folder. It's been working for me for many months now, and poker e-mails all go directly into my inbox.

-Tik

air
02-03-2005, 04:57 PM
How do you change you email address with Party, Empire etc? I am leaving peoplepc next week for DSL. Thanks!

moondogg
02-03-2005, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I have been using Yahoo for all my poker site correspondence for a long while now (a couple of years) and have never had a problem. Well actually, at first the e-mails tended to get delivered to my Spam folder, but when you click on the button that says "Not Spam" for the non-spam e-mails that get sent to your spam folder, it learns to not send those e-mails into the spam folder. It's been working for me for many months now, and poker e-mails all go directly into my inbox.

-Tik

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried using the Not Spam button on every poker email I got for a year straight, but it never learned. Now I just turned the damn bulk mail filter off so my "spam" doesn't automatically get deleted every 30 days (or whatever it is).

HesseJam
02-04-2005, 04:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-Tik

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried using the Not Spam button on every poker email I got for a year straight, but it never learned. Now I just turned the damn bulk mail filter off so my "spam" doesn't automatically get deleted every 30 days (or whatever it is).

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine doesn't learn either. Turning off the spam filter would suck in my case because I used this account since 1997 and receive ca. 500-1000 spam mails per day. This account must be on virtually all lists.

Jack of Arcades
02-04-2005, 04:57 AM
Yeah, wassupwitdat, isn't broadband tax deductible for you?

MicroBob
02-04-2005, 05:33 AM
That depends actually.

The reason I keep my dial-up is because I don't feel like setting up broad-band when I don't intend on living here much longer.

Additionally, I get cable TV for free because of some glitch or something...so I don't want the cable-guy messing around with that stuff at all because then I'll lose my free-cable.

But the DSL comes through the phone-line and not the cable-TV right?

Honestly, dial-up works pretty decently.
But I guess I should get with the times. I have wireless on my laptop but it only is relevant when I'm at the internet-coffee place.

Since it now looks like I might stay here for ANOTHER 4-6 mths I guess an upgrade would probably be worth it.

Shoe
02-04-2005, 05:36 AM
Yes, DSL goes through the phone line.

sammy_g
02-04-2005, 12:15 PM
DSL comes from the phone company, but they might make you sign a year-long contract.