PDA

View Full Version : Mozilla vs Conjelco - need popup help

Matt Flynn
02-03-2005, 01:52 PM
anyone know how to stop those popups saying "the operation timed out while attempting to contact adserver.conjeco.com?"

i ain't giving up mozilla.

matt

Shajen
02-03-2005, 01:55 PM
get the adblocker plugin.
should work.

It's not just you though today dude, 2+2 is running slow.

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-03-2005, 02:07 PM
At the top of the forums:

[ QUOTE ]
Server upgrade week of 2/7. Expect brief downtime Tuesday or Wednesday morning.

[/ QUOTE ]

lucas9000
02-03-2005, 02:09 PM
1) download and install firefox

2) install "adblock" extension (if this same thing works for mozilla, then i guess ignore #1)

3) right-click on banner adds, choose "adblock image/iframe"

4) you'll get see a box with the url of the ad in it...delete everything after the "adserver.conjeco.com" and replace with an asterisk

5) hit enter

you should be free from the ads forever. if you see one again, do the same process. doing the above for "ads.doubleclick.net" or whatever will get rid of many banners on various sites. good luck.

lucas9000
02-03-2005, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah but sometimes when the ads are taking longer to load it can slow the whole page from loading. that's what prompted me to block the ads. this applies to other sites as well (i HATE all the ads on espn.com...it runs so much better without them).

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-03-2005, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah but sometimes when the ads are taking longer to load it can slow the whole page from loading. that's what prompted me to block the ads. this applies to other sites as well (i HATE all the ads on espn.com...it runs so much better without them).

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, the ads are annoying as hell even when they're not slowing down the page. I am happily ad-free.

edtost
02-03-2005, 02:43 PM
as commonsensical as that is, its really really impolite to post instructions on how to stop the cash flow of this forum.