PDA

View Full Version : 2+2: message to the editor

ToneLoc
02-03-2005, 12:35 PM
Hello.

Purchased Harrington on Hold’em a week ago. The book already broke in two parts, without having been badly treated in any way. This is due to the extremely bad quality of the binding, which is not really acceptable for a 30 usd book (for which I paid even more, being a UK resident).

Please guys do something

By the way, the content of the book is simply excellent, outclasses the copy pasted SS2 No-Limit section by a mile.

J.

Mason Malmuth
02-03-2005, 12:46 PM
Hi Tone:

Yours is the first one that I have heard is bad. Binding well is a very tough part of our business, and we have gone to great lengths to make sure that the binding is top notch. Now this doesn't mean that a bad book won't get through every now and then, but we're not happy with even one bad book.

Sometimes you take take some glue, such as Elmer's glue, and rebind the book yourself. If it's too bad, it's best to return it to the place of purchase.

Best wishes,
Mason

ToneLoc
02-03-2005, 01:27 PM
I'll try that glue thing /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Just wanted to point out the problem, if this is common, definately need fixing, especially since it's too sad to ruin good content with bad binding...

Good luck for tome 2!

QuickLearner
02-03-2005, 09:38 PM
Ask your printer about "Smythe Sewn" binding. It will add about $1 to the cost of each book (unless you're getting robbed) but you'll absolutely never have the complaint again.