PDA

View Full Version : Computer Guys HELP!!

07-05-2002, 02:18 AM
I have a new laptop that came equipped with XP home. My 20 year old nephew is convinced that he is the next Bill Gates/Michael Dell. He told me that I needed XP PRO. XP home was no good. He installed pro and things have been in the crapper ever since. The biggest problem that I have run into is that for some reason my mouse has this extra sensitivity (if you call it that). Sometimes - but not all of the time - when I hover over an area it will act as if I clicked on it. This has cost me about 40-60 bucks when it calls when I was going to the fold button or (gasp) raised my 72 of in a 3 bet pot. I don't know what to do - other than starting over and reinstalling home. It is a posessed mouse.

Thanks for the help

Kevin

07-05-2002, 03:01 AM
I have lost my desktop icon on the left side by my start menu. I have to right click now to get to the desktop. Does anyone how it disappeared and how I can get it back?

Thanks again,

Kevin

07-05-2002, 03:01 AM
Do you have a touchpad? Try lowering it's sensitivity to tapping, or disabling the "tap" feature of it.

07-05-2002, 03:02 AM
Is this in the control panel? (yes I have a touchpad)

07-05-2002, 06:53 AM
If you right click on the task bar the popup menu has a submenu called 'Toolbars'. In it there is an item called 'Desktop'.

I think Tony H. is right on BTW with his suggestion about the touchpad sensitivity. I had the same problem with my laptop touchpad and adjusting the sensitivity fixed it. You can use the control panel for the touchpad or you may, like I did, have a system trey icon to adjust the touchpad settings.

07-05-2002, 09:56 AM
I am sorry to be so illiterate, but I can't find anything on the control panel under the mouse for sensititivity - could you direct me?

Also, I did the thing with the task bar, but what I had before was an icon to the left of the task bar that I would simply hit and the desktop would appear - that is gone now.

Thanks again,

Kevin

07-05-2002, 05:45 PM
I accidentally called in the big blind with Q3o, with my *#$%*#&% touch pad(My previous laptops had the little clit-style mouse control)

Flop is QQx and I win a 17 big-bet sized pot. I still unhooked the tap function though.

A9

07-06-2002, 12:19 AM
How about paying for some computer lessons.

I could never understand poker players who spend thousands weekly on poker, and are too cheap to get their computer fixed or get lessons.

AMAZING!~

07-06-2002, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the advice - I appreciate the feedback. I got it figured out. I needed a driver from Compaq that had a sensitivity setting. I downloaded it, made the changes and everything is fine now. It had 10 tabs instead of five in the one that was on the control panel. I am still trying to get XP figured out. I see a lot of very smart people in this forum that I felt could answer what I thought was a quick and easy question. They did, and it is now fixed. I will know better than to use this forum to ask these questions in the future - so that I dont offend you.

WE NOW RETURN TO OUR REGULAR PROGRAMMING...

IS PARADISE RIGG...

Kevin