PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to sell my WoW character ... or just throw it away.

Matty
02-03-2005, 09:14 AM
Ever since World of Warcraft came out, I haven't hardly been seen at the poker tables, and my bank account balance is shrinking. =[

I've tried dragging myself away, but I just can't. So I'm either going to smash my WoW cd and throw it all away, or sell the character. I realize it's against the TOS for WoW, but if you want to lecture me feel free.

I've got a level 60 Night Elf Priest with some very, very nice gear and about 200g. Most of his gear is rare, and he's wearing an epic robe. Also some set pieces in his bank.

Connected to the account are some lower-level characters like a 14 druid who has her set belt (a gift from the Priest). =]

Is there a site I can sell this [censored] at? Ebay? Is there a way to ensure payment?

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
02-03-2005, 09:18 AM
You cant sell WoW charactors.

SuitedSixes
02-03-2005, 09:19 AM
I bet the ladies just dig you.

Matty
02-03-2005, 09:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Since you bring it up, WoW has also cost me my girlfriend. =]

MEbenhoe
02-03-2005, 09:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Since you bring it up, WoW has also cost me my girlfriend. =]

[/ QUOTE ]

If thats true I think you'd qualify as about the biggest loser ever.

Matty
02-03-2005, 09:40 AM
Fair enough. Hence my wanting to toss this out. I haven't been this obsessed since I first discovered poker.

I even look different after three months parked in front of the computer. Paler, thinner, glassier eyes.

LALDAAS
02-03-2005, 10:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You cant sell WoW charactors.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes you can.

Playerauctions.com (http://www.playerauctions.com/)

I played Everquest for 5 years before I started playing poker. I use to pull in 1-2 grand a month selling gear and coin. Amazing how many suckers pay cash for pixels on the screen.

Dangergirl
02-03-2005, 11:44 AM
Playerauctions, next to ebay is the best site for selling virtual items. I also used to sell quite a bit on there when ebay banned certain games. Only sell to a reputable buyer with good feedback though. They can scam you through paypal pretty easily. Make sure they are verified through paypal and if it sells for good money also UPS the cd's to them so that you can get a signature.

MarkL444
02-03-2005, 12:10 PM
what server?

bisonbison
02-03-2005, 12:47 PM
Since you bring it up, WoW has also cost me my girlfriend. =]

Seek professional help.

Sponger15SB
02-03-2005, 12:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I played Everquest for 5 years before I started playing poker. I use to pull in 1-2 grand a month selling gear and coin. Amazing how many suckers pay cash for pixels on the screen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amazing how much time nerds would spend playing a computer game.

LALDAAS
02-03-2005, 12:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Amazing how much time nerds would spend playing a computer game.

[/ QUOTE ]
Whoa, Take it easy. I am about as far from a nerd as one can get. This game upon its release simply kicked ass. I can also say I have safely pulled about 50k easy over the 5 years I played.

I actually sold a sword for 700 beans, now thats amazing.

Matty
02-03-2005, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the link.[ QUOTE ]
Bison Bison:

Seek professional help.

[/ QUOTE ]Eh, it's not really that bad. She wasn't worth keeping, she still calls, and I could get her back if I tried. I sorta made this post in a moment of panic when I realized I had 3 hours to write a school paper. Maybe I embellished a little.

Still, the game is no good for me, and I'm tossing it.[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Some guy:

[/ QUOTE ]Sponger:

[/ QUOTE ]I can only assume you're going for irony posting that comment on this website ..

daryn
02-03-2005, 02:09 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]
Whoa, Take it easy. I am about as far from a nerd as one can get. This game upon its release simply kicked ass. I can also say I have safely pulled about 50k easy over the 5 years I played.

[/ QUOTE ]

were they magic beans?

you're a nerd.

stabn
02-03-2005, 02:45 PM
It's pretty easy to lose a girlfriend these days. Losing one over wow isn't that big a deal...

Ponks
02-03-2005, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

were they magic beans?

you're a nerd.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 Daryn

Nothing wrong with it, but no need to deny it.

AngryCola
02-03-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's pretty easy to lose a girlfriend these days. Losing one over wow isn't that big a deal...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah these guys are way too harsh.

"Lynch the gamer! He's a nerd! Loser! Kill! Kill! Kill!"

wayabvpar
02-03-2005, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The real reason for the hostility is because his character is a floppy-eared, Smurf-colored, Drizz't-humping Night Elf.

_2000Flushes
02-03-2005, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ever since World of Warcraft came out, I haven't hardly been seen at the poker tables, and my bank account balance is shrinking. =[

I've tried dragging myself away, but I just can't. So I'm either going to smash my WoW cd and throw it all away, or sell the character. I realize it's against the TOS for WoW, but if you want to lecture me feel free.

I've got a level 60 Night Elf Priest with some very, very nice gear and about 200g. Most of his gear is rare, and he's wearing an epic robe. Also some set pieces in his bank.

Connected to the account are some lower-level characters like a 14 druid who has her set belt (a gift from the Priest). =]

Is there a site I can sell this [censored] at? Ebay? Is there a way to ensure payment?

[/ QUOTE ]
I might have been interested had I not blown all my savings on the rights to pokerwave.com.

-2kF

Nottom
02-03-2005, 06:59 PM
If you are going to quit, there is really no reason not to sell it.

holeplug
02-03-2005, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And sitting at your computer playing online poker makes you super cool! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

wacki
02-03-2005, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Since you bring it up, WoW has also cost me my girlfriend. =]

[/ QUOTE ]

If anyone on this forum ever sees me posting something like this, please shoot me.

Grey, seriously dude, you need therapy. That's not a joke. I really am trying to help you when I say that.

You know it's serious when a guy with his head up his ass is telling you that you need therapy. --- Ok, Ok, that was a joke. But seriously, you need help!

stabn
02-03-2005, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The real reason for the hostility is because his character is a floppy-eared, Smurf-colored, Drizz't-humping Night Elf.

[/ QUOTE ]

I lol'ed. Especially since i've read every Drizz't book. (Although i haven't finished the last one). I've basically given up on the storyline after the thousand orcs. The books fail no longer have any suspense and fail to capture my interest. Maybe if entreri was still around.

Catch of the Day
02-03-2005, 08:40 PM
Dude I game all the time, and as much as I love MMORPGS, they are really not good for your life. They are too good, and it's because of that fact that other things start to seem less and less important. The reinforcement scheduling, the various incentives to continue to play, the creators of these games want to get you as addicticted as possible. The only problem is that these endevours are pretty much some the least fruitful on the planet.

Least with poker, you have the opportunity of playing live, and spending some time out in the real world. Plus you get all that fun coin...

and to all those insensitive people who are calling him a big loser...

Get Informed (http://www.nickyee.com/hub/addiction/home.html) before you open you ignorant little mouthes. Video game addiction is much more prevalent than you would like to think.

Catch-