02-03-2005, 09:06 AM
Are there any?
Laser, sprays...do they work?

codewarrior
02-03-2005, 09:07 AM
Jab to the kidney - works every time.

Reef
02-03-2005, 09:08 AM
do a google search.. try to find those things the snorer wears around his/her wrist that sends electric mini shocks.

_2000Flushes
02-03-2005, 09:09 AM
Hemlock.

-2kF

daveymck
02-03-2005, 09:35 AM
Those strips that some sportsmen wear across their nose are meant to help some people.

daveymck
02-03-2005, 09:41 AM
Try this site its the BBC so can beleive what is there and not selling anything.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/conditions/snoring1.shtml

NutCrackerr
02-03-2005, 10:00 AM
Try the Breath Right nasal strips. May not totally cure the snoring but they help.

Zoltri
02-03-2005, 10:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It sure does but its starting to turn into spousal abuse. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Shajen
02-03-2005, 10:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It sure does but its starting to turn into spousal abuse. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Donkey punch to the forehead will stop snoring every time.

More seriously, what's the cause of the snoring? Nasal passages, throat, simply the way you(or she) is sleeping?

Need more info to answer clearly. I don't snore (or at least don't snore loud enough to wake either myself or my wife) but if it's a sinus thing, get the breathe rite strips. If it's a throat thing, close your damned mouth. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Or I suppose you could try the spray.

If it's the way you sleep, stop sleeping that way.

As a last resort, surgery.

GL.

Mansavage
02-03-2005, 12:56 PM
I snored like a chainsaw for nearly my entire life until six months ago. I learned about sleep apnia (sp?). You may have heard of it recently, it's what Reggie White died from. Snoring is one of it's main symptoms.

I went to a sleep clinic and got a CPAP machine. I am basically hooked up to a machine every night, but I sleep great, I don't snore, and I added 10-20 years to my lifespan.

tek
02-03-2005, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I went to a sleep clinic and got a CPAP machine. I am basically hooked up to a machine every night, but I sleep great, I don't snore, and I added 10-20 years to my lifespan.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you look sexy with it right? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sometimes snoring is caused by being overweight.

peachy
02-03-2005, 03:09 PM
Yes...sleep apenia's major symptom is snoring, so u might wanna get it looked at...a doctor can recommend whats best for u...sometimes sleeping on ur tummy can fix it...when all else fails its time for seperate bed rooms!!

Lumpy
02-03-2005, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Sometimes snoring is caused by being overweight.

[/ QUOTE ]

My snoring drove my wife nuts. I dropped 40lbs. I no longer snore.

plaster8
02-03-2005, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I went to a sleep clinic and got a CPAP machine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have problems keeping your mask on all night? I have one of these and found that often I'll rip it off in the middle of the night -- and I have weird dreams about it, too. (One time I told my wife I couldn't put it back on because "The Germans are trying to kill me with it!")

Mansavage
02-03-2005, 04:51 PM
For some reason, I actually love that damn mask. I look forward to putting it on, probably becuase I sleep so much better now.

I never looked sexy, so the mask isn't that much of a problem. I've heard some people don't wear the mask becuase it kills any chance of romance. I just reply that I'm married, so any chance is already dead.

Fishwhenican
02-03-2005, 10:44 PM
I have had sleep Apnea for 10+ years and been using a CPAP machine for about the last 7 years. It goes absolutely everywhere with me. I can't sleep without it.

Snoring is a symptom of apnea but that main thing with apnea is that you actually stop breathing for extended periods of time while you are sleeping. Your body reacts and kind of wakes you up and jolts you into breathing again. Result is you never, ever get into a good deep (REM) sleep and end up becoming severly sleep deprived. You also end up with lowered O2 in your blood when you stop breathing and between the sleep deprivation and reduced O2 it really messes you up.

The best solution I have ever heard about is the CPAP machine. It is horribly unsexy but without it a person with apnea will not get a good nights sleep.

I personally have never had a hard time using the machine with the only exception being when I have a really bad cold or sinus infection and it is hard to get air into me via the nose. The noise it makes actually helps me sleep better as well. It kind of drowns out everything else and you blank it out and sleep great.

There is surgery but I have never been told that it is as effective as the CPAP machine. Best I have ever heard was a 50% sucess rate with surgery and that it was extremely painful