PDA

View Full Version : Who is David Gest?

MicroBob
02-03-2005, 07:04 AM
I could look it up on Google...but I thought I'd see if anyone here could share some insight.

I'm referring to the guy who was married to Liza Minelli and got beaten up by her (with a shoe or purse or something).

I don't know WTF his Memphis ties are but he appears to have something to do with this area.
Since I'm not originally from here I don't honestly know. Others who are from here whom I have asked are equally perplexed.

He had a zillion billboard all over the city throughout December inviting you to be David's "Gest" for XMas dinner. Basically, he set something up with about 15 different Memphis restaurants where homeless or low-income individuals or families could go to get dinner for free that day. ...which certainly seems like a noble venture.

Then...Tuesday night my GF and I went to the Memphis Grizzlies basketball game and THERE HE WAS.
Standing just a few feet from us as we were having our tickets taken. looking reasonably important (or at least trying to) and taking a call on his cell.
he had some assistant or guard or something with him.

He might have had an ascot or something with the suit he was wearing. He definitely looked pretty gay.

My GF and I laughed about the fact that our first official 'celebrity siting' at an NBA game was some guy who we don't even know anything about except that he got beaten up by Liza Minelli (hey...we're not exactly the Lakers out here).

we had the same discussion when all those billboards went up..."Who the f--- is David Gest?" I figured out after a couple of weeks that he was the Liza-Minelli-guy....but he must be known for something else too...and after we saw him at the game I decided I was going to finally find out because we can't seem to get away from the guy.

youtalkfunny
02-03-2005, 09:38 PM
I'm in Horn Lake.

When you find out, let me know.