PDA

View Full Version : Was this a stupid thing for me to do?

nongice626
02-03-2005, 02:58 AM
Im playing Party and it kicks me saying I logged on from another computer. This si in the first 3 minutes of me signing on and I hadnt sat at a table yet. I freak out and log back on immediately and then start emptying my account. I didnt want to make any withdrawals over $2000 because Ive heard this is the mark that IRS notices, and althoguh I plan to pay my taxes hoenstly, I dont want to red light. Id been running very well and with all the monthly bonuses my account was up to 15,000. So I withdraw varius amounts and leave only $500 in my account. If my account was getting hacked I didnt want to have to bother arguing with Party. But now my bank will probally think Im a drug lord or something.

beta1607
02-03-2005, 03:01 AM
To avoid this in the future open a neteller account now and also call PP and tell them what happend you probably should get a new password/screeen name ASAP.

smoore
02-03-2005, 03:04 AM
I saw that once on eurobet when I was having network problems. I also freaked out and immediately changed my password. After awhile I realized it was probably just network ghosting and stopped freaking out. No money was stolen and it stopped happening after that night.

yeah, get a neteller account.

TheMetetron
02-03-2005, 05:02 AM
Mine did this before. Was just some network something or other on my end. Nothing weird or abnormal.

cardcounter0
02-03-2005, 05:31 AM
Smart in the sense of getting your money out if you thought your account was being messed with.

Dumb in the sense of doing it in multiple transactions. Several transactions with in a 24 hour period set off the same flags as one big transaction.

detroitplayer
02-03-2005, 05:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Im playing Party and it kicks me saying I logged on from another computer. This si in the first 3 minutes of me signing on and I hadnt sat at a table yet. I freak out and log back on immediately and then start emptying my account. I didnt want to make any withdrawals over $2000 because Ive heard this is the mark that IRS notices, and althoguh I plan to pay my taxes hoenstly, I dont want to red light. Id been running very well and with all the monthly bonuses my account was up to 15,000. So I withdraw varius amounts and leave only $500 in my account. If my account was getting hacked I didnt want to have to bother arguing with Party. But now my bank will probally think Im a drug lord or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Banks can report any suspicious activity. What do you think would look worse... one deposit for $14,500... or 29 $500 deposits made in 30 second incriments?

Plus, your bank may just count it as 1 deposit anyway.

joop
02-03-2005, 07:49 AM
I got this same message right after I created an Empire account the other day. It timed out as I was creating it, so I re-started the program and tried to login... that's when I got the message. I figured it was a glitch in their system.

Baulucky
02-03-2005, 08:15 AM
UFF. Very stupid. Changing your password for a long one would have sufficed. Now you are facing possible "structuring". You gotta be careful moving money around these days, even if all money is clean.