PDA

View Full Version : suited connector

BullChip
02-03-2005, 12:38 AM
4 limpers and I call w/ 56 clubs on button

SB folds, BB checks.

Flop is A56r

Checked to MP player who bets 30. He's a solid player. Cut off player raises to 100. He's somewhat tricky but makes big laydowns.

What's your plan and why?

Loci
02-03-2005, 07:51 AM
You need to give info on stack sizes, personal profile of play, etc. What are the blinds? 2/5, 5/10, etc...

Knowing nothing else, I'd say you're up against two players with weak aces at best. One might have hit two pair. One might be on a open ended straight draw and is looking to get EP to check to him.
Then again I might be writing a fiction novel here.
Be detailed or this will probably be the only response you get.

sisyphus
02-03-2005, 08:50 AM
fold, u r way behind

GimmeDaWatch
02-03-2005, 09:09 AM
Let me begin this by saying that I hate bottom 2 pair ergo I am biased, but I would fold in this spot. Best case scenario is that he's semi-bluffing w/a str8 draw or he's limped w/AJ and is looking to take down the pot now, neither of which seems terribly likely. This puts you in a very difficult spot, since even if this is the case, you wont know and will be facing an inevitably large bet on the turn. And if you are behind A4s,A5s, or a set you're drawing to 2 outs or just about dead, whereas he's got far more outs if he's behind. Your hand just cant stand that much heat when you cant easily put him on a hand. If he'd been the preflop raiser and you were playing him HU, of course, this would be a completely different story.

Post-Oak
02-03-2005, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
4 limpers and I call w/ 56 clubs on button

SB folds, BB checks.

Flop is A56r

Checked to MP player who bets 30. He's a solid player. Cut off player raises to 100. He's somewhat tricky but makes big laydowns.

What's your plan and why?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am gonna assume the blinds are 15/30 and you are 120 behind.

GO ALL IN.

MagikKid
02-03-2005, 10:30 PM
Giving (or taking) this kind of advice without more information is absurd. If the blinds are really 15/30 (a rather large assumption, which I sincerely doubt), I find it hard to believe anyone would seriously recommend (or consider) moving allin in this situation. Especially with a deep stack, this would be foolish. As would giving any more advice with no more information.

Magik

BobboFitos
02-03-2005, 10:40 PM
Stack sizes / blinds etc as other posters mentioned would be appreciated.

However, there was a thread a week ago or so by Tbach24 asking a hypothetical on this exact situation. I believe LAPoker gave a solid answer, which is call.

Do a search for the explanation why, anything I say would just be repeating his thought process.

flawless_victory
02-03-2005, 11:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[quoteI am gonna assume the blinds are 15/30 and you are 120 behind.

GO ALL IN.

[/ QUOTE ]LOLOLOL