PDA

View Full Version : my e-mail to party regarding the Party till you Cruise promotion

MicroBob
02-03-2005, 12:10 AM
Note - I'm not as upset about this as I indicate in the e-mail...so don't argue with me that "it's not really fraud if it's within the rules" or anything like that.
I actually agree that it really isn't fraud in one sense. but it is true that the players that sign-up as RAF are supposed to be real players and that signing-up 30 players who have no intentions of playing there in the future can be deemed by party as trying to defraud their system and they already claim that they reserve the right to revoke the bonus, blah blah blah.

Anyway, the language I used in this was to try to increase my chances of getting a seat as much as possible.

---------------------------------------------------

Hello -
Can you please tell me if the 20 seats for the 'Party until you Cruise' promotion are still available?

I've been playing a lot of hands lately to try and get this and believe I will get the required 30,000 points this week and might have a chance to win (maybe....maybe not).

I have heard that some people are just getting 30 people to sign-up as refer-a-friends and are getting their points much faster that way.
But these are just dummy-accounts and the people that are signing-up aren't REAL players and aren't likely to play again after they clear the initial playing requirement.

Will players really get all 30,000 player-points just by signing-up a bunch of people to fake-accounts?
If someone gets 30 sign-ups in one day won't that ring some alarms there that the points shouldn't be legitimate and this person shouldn't get the prize?

If I play all these hands and find out that it was given to 20 people who all set up a bunch of fake-accounts I will be pretty upset. It doesn't seem like that is in keeping with the "spirit" of the promotion.

Please reply with answers to my questions on what is going to be done about this...and if, in fact, the 20 seats on the cruise are even still available.

I am forward this message to alerts@partypoker as well because I think they should be made aware of the fraud that is taking place within their affiliate program...particularly as it applies to the awarding of points in this promotion.

thank you,
Robert xxxxxxxx

_2000Flushes
02-03-2005, 12:35 AM
Your situation sucks. I think you're smart to clarify it with Party early. I'd be amazed if they gave you a truthful answer that would cause you to stop playing for a promotional seat.

Party really screwed up on this one, and people on both sides of the deal are going to get bent over. I admire your discipline if you keep playing, though. I hope you make it.

-2kF

liquidboss
02-03-2005, 12:45 AM
Good email, but I doubt Party will give you a specific answer. It would have been nice if they would have said something like, "only points earned from raked hands will count toward your 30,000" to clear this all up ahead of time. Now they are going to piss people off on one side or the other no matter what they do... wait a minute, that sounds normal... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

nongice626
02-03-2005, 12:46 AM
Common sense says that the points should only be earned on the tables.

Wabby
02-03-2005, 12:59 AM
common sense... party ??

MicroBob
02-03-2005, 12:59 AM
Well...in the very least I got a quick response....even if it was predictably vague with sloppy english.

However, based on this representative's party-line (pun unintended) type response I wonder if it really is possible that anyone who gets 30 sign-ups on the first day will be removed from consideration.

I might try sending the e-mail again in a few hours just to see what the next representative has to say about it.

Dear Robert,

Thank you for contacting us.

As of now we do not have information about how many seats has been gone for the Cruise through the Player Club Points. I would suggest you to play and as soon as possible send us an email.

Regarding players getting people to sign up as refer a friend and accumulating points which is not true. We have a stringent system in place and our Investigation and Risk Management team works 24/7 who checks all these accounts before awarding the points to players.

If any misuse is noticed or illegal operation, then points will be deducted from players account and the respective player account will be closed.

We thank you for bringing this to our notice.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Department at any time. We are here 24/7 to assist you via email.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Smita
Poker Customer Care

Bytestream
02-03-2005, 01:12 AM
My prediction: Rajivnayan or Suryashankar or some other enlightened soul will write back to your email with the following:

Dear MicroBob,

We appreciate your interest in our current promotion, however we do not have any bonuses available at this time. Also, you and your friend can not open a new account on the same computer. We are continuously monitoring our games for fairness. In the meantime, you will still earn Party Players Club Points for eligible raked hands, which you can redeem for our designer swag.

Thank you,
Deenabandhu (Party Customer Support)

.... your better off spending each precious moment playing more hands then emailing those fools... and its a moot point, if the RAF scams don't beat you, the two or three players to an account will... you will be able to get hella beanies though for trying. (in all honesty, I think the best is still yet to come from these Party points, I'm stockpiling mine.....)

Reef
02-03-2005, 02:04 AM
I kind of disagree with your wording them as "fake" accounts. They're as real as yours or mine- they probably just won't have activity afterwards..