PDA

View Full Version : 3/6 Hand

07-02-2002, 03:08 PM
Online 3/6 game. The button open raises, the small blind folds and I wake up with KJd in the big blind. I call the raise and the two of us see the flop.

Flop comes: 9d 5h 8c

I check my overcards and as I thought he bets outs, I choose to call here. (Mistake?)

Turn comes 9d 5h 8c 9h

I choose to bet out here, I had put him on ace high at best and thought I could get him to release here. (Mistake?)

River feel 9d 5h 8c 9h Kh

Well here was a fortunate river, in my mind I thought I was beat when my turn bet was called, I value bet here.

Any comments about this hand, results to follow.

Krak

07-02-2002, 03:14 PM
check raise the flop and lead turn is more convincing that way.

07-02-2002, 03:15 PM
"Turn comes 9d 5h 8c 9h

I choose to bet out here, I had put him on ace high at best and thought I could get him to release here. (Mistake?) "

would you have check/called top pair on the flop?

07-02-2002, 04:12 PM
What do you know about the button? If he will steal raise with anything ten there is a good chance you are best unimproved. If he is tight you are probably behind, and are now unimproved. Your betting is inconsistant with having a 9, so I don't think you are fooling him into believing that. I think the bet on the river is OK. If he raises you're probably beat.

07-03-2002, 01:01 AM
I can't say I played the hand that great but here's how it turned out.

I bet the river and got got called. My Kings Up were good and I took down the pot. I handhistoried expecting to see ace high or a little pair. My opponent called me down with QJo.