Hero 12000
Vilian 6000

Blinds 200-400

Pre flop
Villian raises from sb to 1500
Hero calls with 4h5h

Flop (pot 3000)
2d 3h 9c

Hero checks, Villian bets 1500 (has 3000 left), hero re-raises all in, villian calls

Read on villian is decent player, guarenteed to be aggressive in this situation, raise pre flop could mean anytihng from a pair to nothing. He would automatically bet the flop but I would expect an all in with a stong hand (he's afraid of being outdrawn)

My justification? I think he probably has a couple of high cards and that my outs are all live and include the 6 remaining cards to give me a pair. I estimate I am 50:50 to win the hand if he calls.

Thoughts?

Elektrik
02-02-2005, 09:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
raise pre flop could mean anytihng from a pair to nothing

[/ QUOTE ]

....so I'm going to call off a quarter of my stack with 5 hi in case he has "nothing"? You said Villain is aggressive, and you each have more than 15BB, giving you plenty of room to maneuver. I fold here.

The_Bends
02-02-2005, 09:53 PM
I agree that the preflop call is not great but my thinking was firstly that I had pushed him off a good hand only 2 hands before giving me the momentum (and possibly help push him off a good hand on the flop) Secondly that I want him to know that he can't raise my blind and expect me to fold when I have such a big lead. Thirdly that I'd been raising all the time heads up and I wanted to call to confuse him.