PDA

View Full Version : Playerview: Table VP$IP average question

oreogod
02-02-2005, 08:36 PM
Anyone know if the Table AVg. VP$IP stat is just calculated using your current table session or is it averaging from every hand u have on a player (such as if u have played them or datamined them several times, is the table average from every hand u have on them or just the hands for the current session)

fsuplayer
02-02-2005, 08:49 PM
good question. i should know that, but i dont.

Dangergirl
02-03-2005, 01:42 AM
I know that the GT one includes averages from every hand you've played with each person at the table. So, if you have a TAG at the table that you've played 800 hands with it will bring the average way down. Every hand will weight on the average more.

When I use PV I've noticed that the VPIP will tend to be much higher. From what I've seen, I believe that it just takes their overall VPIP and averages it with everyone elses. Each individual hand is not averaged like in GT. I'm not 100% accurate on this though.

Rick Nebiolo
02-03-2005, 04:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I know that the GT one includes averages from every hand you've played with each person at the table. So, if you have a TAG at the table that you've played 800 hands with it will bring the average way down. Every hand will weight on the average more.

[/ QUOTE ]

By "GT one" do you mean the Gametime window launched from within Pokertracker or do you mean the overlay softwre that is an alternative to Playerview? In any event I'd say this is a bad way to do it.

[ QUOTE ]
When I use PV I've noticed that the VPIP will tend to be much higher. From what I've seen, I believe that it just takes their overall VPIP and averages it with everyone elses. Each individual hand is not averaged like in GT. I'm not 100% accurate on this though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm learning to use Playerview and if it calculates it like this it just has to be better.

What I've noticed practicing multi-tabling the lower limits is that the tables tends to have a high turnover rate. It seems you really need to have VP$IP data on individual seated players to make a reasonable judgement as to whether or not the game is worth playing.

I'm also curious about the aggression factor calculations used by Playerview. In a small to medium data sample, a player might have bet or raised the flop (or any street were you are tracking aggression factor) several times without ever calling. So in this case you are dividing by zero. (Note: if memory serves me aggression factor = (bet + raise)/call). Or he may have called several times without ever betting or raising. That's a lot different than never called or bet/raised yet you end up with the same number i.e., zero.

My guess is I better search the Zoo for more info /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

~ Rick

krishanleong
02-03-2005, 08:46 AM
Playerview averages all the players at the tables stats evenly. It does not weight players who you have more hands with differently than a new player with just 20 hands. This makes it infinitely superior to GameTime where the Table stats are completely useless.

Krishan

Dangergirl
02-03-2005, 11:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
By "GT one" do you mean the Gametime window launched from within Pokertracker or do you mean the overlay softwre that is an alternative to Playerview? In any event I'd say this is a bad way to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

By GT, I mean Gametime. And I agree with you here as far as using GT for table selections it is not only difficult but inaccurate.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm learning to use Playerview and if it calculates it like this it just has to be better.

What I've noticed practicing multi-tabling the lower limits is that the tables tends to have a high turnover rate. It seems you really need to have VP$IP data on individual seated players to make a reasonable judgement as to whether or not the game is worth playing.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is right. However, if you just sit there for an orbit everyone else's data will bein to get averaged in. The initial table VPIP is based on the average VPIP of those you have collected data on.

Benal
02-03-2005, 05:58 PM
It calculates it using all VP$IP stats you have on every player at that table, including your own (even if you have "show my stats" turned off)

Rick Nebiolo
02-04-2005, 03:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It calculates it using all VP$IP stats you have on every player at that table, including your own (even if you have "show my stats" turned off)

[/ QUOTE ]

But it doesn't weigh the data by number of hands (if it did, my VS&IP of 15.36 wouuld sure weigh the tables down /images/graemlins/smile.gif .

~ Rick

TomBrooks
02-07-2005, 02:47 PM
Does it use the stats on a player from the first hand you get on him? This would seem to cause large inaccuracies until you got some hands on him. Does the program account for this somehow?

I would say a players VPIP usually starts to show a somewhat accurate relationship to his actual one after 10-20 hands. -TomBk