PDA

View Full Version : Approching Single Table Turbos on PokerStars

Rashad U
02-02-2005, 08:27 PM
I've deposited some money on stars and have been trying out the single table turbo's ($6)). I've been doing really bad. My sng background is from the party 10 sng's which I have generally done well with using AleoMagnus's guide. I've been trying to approch turbo's like I have the party and usually bubbling out. Being aggressive usually gets me in trouble too. My take is that the turbos and the party sng's should play the same given that the 10 hands usually take just little over 5 min. What strategies usually work turbo's and how should they be approached?

Razz

Rasputin
02-03-2005, 12:28 PM
I haven't played the low buy ins at Party but from what I understand the chip stacks start at 800 and for the first few rounds you need to be absurdly tight.

The Stars turbos have deeper chipstacks so you don't have to be as tight early. You can recover from losing $400 on the first hand if you need to.

I think the general idea remains the same...tight early until near the bubble then flip the maniac switch.

I think they've been tighter recently than I ever remember, and I have a theory that it's people who came over for the recent bonus and are playing turbos, particular the six dollar ones because they're quick.