PDA

View Full Version : How happy are you?

Alobar
02-02-2005, 07:24 PM
On a scale of 1-10. 10 being complete and total bliss and 1 being you are going to kill yourself by the days end. 5 is completely average, not happy, not unhappy.

Shajen
02-02-2005, 07:27 PM
7 appears to be the "I'm not extremely happy, but my life could be a helluva lot worse" option.

Jack of Arcades
02-02-2005, 07:28 PM
Same here.

bholdr
02-02-2005, 07:31 PM
7 for me, too.

usually content, never satisfied, sometimes ecstatic, often pissed off, once in a great while, depressed, but always concious that it could be a lot worse.

mmbt0ne
02-02-2005, 07:36 PM
I'm pretty freakin stoked right now, for no real reason. It's a good feeling. 9 me biotch.

tdarko
02-02-2005, 07:42 PM
i am the type that should be around a 9 or so but i can be pessimistic at times and that would usually make me pick a 6. but yesterday i finished 2nd and 5th on a couple of multi's and today i won one so right now i am [censored] flying! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rick Diesel
02-02-2005, 07:52 PM
10 months of the year I am between a 8 and 9, but in January and February life is pretty [censored] hectic for a CPA, so I went for the 7. On the good side of things, I am wrapping up the job I am working on in Marietta, OH this week, so I will soon be back in the Burgh full time which will be great.

A_C_Slater
02-02-2005, 07:56 PM
Happiness is unquantifiable, like time. I'm pretty happy, but what if you were to take the Sultan of Brunei (who reportedly has a harem of supermodels that he likes to bang at his discretion) and have him suddenly switch bodies with me and he had to live my life. He would probably give himself a 1 and kill himself (I voted 6.) Now the Sultan has also grown accustomed to his life. He probably feels like it could be better somehow (maybe more territory or political influence) so he gives himself a 8. Now if he switches to my body and kills himself, because he has contrasted and compared my life to his and based this criteria on his former experience of the standard of living, then upon entering his body I would have to give myself a ranking of 10 (total bliss) for the same reason.

Therefore, happiness is relative. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Shajen
02-02-2005, 08:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Happiness is unquantifiable, like time. I'm pretty happy, but what if you were to take the Sultan of Brunei (who reportedly has a harem of supermodels that he likes to bang at his discretion) and have him suddenly switch bodies with me and he had to live my life. He would probably give himself a 1 and kill himself (I voted 6.) Now the Sultan has also grown accustomed to his life. He probably feels like it could be better somehow (maybe more territory or political influence) so he gives himself a 8. Now if he switches to my body and kills himself, because he has contrasted and compared my life to his and based this criteria on his former experience of the standard of living, then upon entering his body I would have to give myself a ranking of 10 (total bliss) for the same reason.

Therefore, happiness is relative. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF, you think this is the psychology forum? Take that shizz elsewhere.

kidding bro. Nice post.

tdarko
02-02-2005, 08:01 PM
this post is not like time where in which you are never certain, but you can be cognizant of your past happiness/sadness. to answer this question think about the happiest you have ever been and deduct or equal it to that. what does someone else's body have to do with the question, it isn't relevant. you are asked what state of happiniess YOU are in right now. there is always someone that try's to be philosophical or make things difficult /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bluffoon
02-02-2005, 08:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this post is not like time where in which you are never certain, but you can be cognizant of your past happiness/sadness. to answer this question think about the happiest you have ever been and deduct or equal it to that. what does someone else's body have to do with the question, it isn't relevant. you are asked what state of happiniess YOU are in right now. there is always someone that try's to be philosophical or make things difficult /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You dont sound so Happy

Duke
02-02-2005, 08:14 PM
I'm the lone 10. Last year I'd have honestly been a 1. I have swings in other aspects of life than poker.

~D

tdarko
02-02-2005, 08:15 PM
haha, moody probably sums me up.

A_C_Slater
02-02-2005, 08:16 PM
"Happiness grows from the barrel of a gun" --- George W. Bush in his Texas Ranger days.

Bluffoon
02-02-2005, 08:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
haha, moody probably sums me up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sory couldnt resist /images/graemlins/smile.gif

peachy
02-02-2005, 09:06 PM
10 - 99% of the time...everyday!! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

fsuplayer
02-02-2005, 09:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty freakin stoked right now, for no real reason. It's a good feeling. 9 me biotch.

[/ QUOTE ]

me too.

live is good. poker is going great, my girlfriend rocks. more interesting classes and more time would give me a 10.

IndieMatty
02-02-2005, 09:15 PM
I clicked 2, I've had a rough time of late, (cept with poka)it will turn around I'm sure.

AEKDBet
02-02-2005, 09:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Liar - you go to georgia tech. You can't be that happy. On top of that its winter and it rained today.

Shajen
02-02-2005, 09:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Liar - you go to georgia tech. You can't be that happy. On top of that its winter and it rained today.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is raining right [censored] now too. Craptastic weather.

peachy
02-02-2005, 09:45 PM
u go to tech?? ouch!! GO DAWGS!!

Paluka
02-02-2005, 10:00 PM
I'm pretty certain I'd be happier if i could magically erase poker and all poker related topics from my memory.

Sponger15SB
02-02-2005, 10:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty certain I'd be happier if i could magically erase poker and all poker related topics from my memory.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with that.

I'd be broke, but yeah.

AEKDBet
02-02-2005, 10:07 PM
Happier now thanks to Willie Bynum

mmbt0ne
02-02-2005, 10:27 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Happier now thanks to Willie Bynum

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Much better than what I was waiting for.

tolbiny
02-02-2005, 11:05 PM
"I voted 6"

But you just started hosting a new show on Animal Planet A.C.
Why aren't you happy about that?

TimM
02-03-2005, 12:37 AM

Should be higher, and it will be on Friday, since it's my last day in the hell hole I call a job.