PDA

View Full Version : Hey GuyOnTilt...

guidoguru
02-02-2005, 06:59 PM
I've been reading many of your posts for the past few months, and i must say that i am thoroughly impressed with your strategy advice and hand analysis. After reading through some of your 10 week challenge posts, i got to thinking, "how the heck did this kid build that kinda bankroll before his 21st bday?!"
I don't know if you've ever posted it before (i couldnt find it if you had), but i was just wondering if you could briefly tell your story. Like what limits did you start at? Did you strictly adhere to the 300bb philosophy and slowly move up? Or did u just take a shot at a bigger game one day and never look back? Thanks.

-Guido

GuyOnTilt
02-02-2005, 07:27 PM
OMG. Dude, I clicked on your profile, and I totally used to know you. Your mom taught Kindergarten at HCS with my mom. Way weird.

GoT

NLSoldier
02-02-2005, 07:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OMG. Dude, I clicked on your profile, and I totally used to know you. Your mom taught Kindergarten at HCS with my mom. Way weird.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats your story? You suck.

A_C_Slater
02-02-2005, 07:42 PM
Yeah. Now I want to know your story too. You're under 21 and multi-tabling 15/30 for a living?

I hate you. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

A_C_Slater
02-02-2005, 08:05 PM
I didn't mean I hate you...really. I envy you. It seems that envy is my sin.

Are you not going to tell us a story? /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Justin A
02-02-2005, 08:11 PM
Three words for how GoT built his 15/30 bankroll: Open Internet Challenge.

GuyOnTilt
02-02-2005, 09:57 PM
Are you not going to tell us a story?

I'll come back to this thread sometime tomorrow and maybe post a few paragraphs if you really want to know. I've been up for 36 hours now and need sleep badly.

GoT

guidoguru
02-03-2005, 04:31 AM
WOW! Talk about small world eh? I remember bumping into you at Kenmore lanes one night a few years ago, and you were playing 3/6! So tell us the story, how did you end up making the jump in limits? (BTW, if you havent been to kenmore recently, it's as sleezy as ever. But they now have like 7 poker tables. The jackpot is over 100k right now, which almost makes suffering through the HORRIBLE rake and herpes-infected chips worth it.)

jeff926
02-03-2005, 12:22 PM
i know the dude, and guido, i know you too. if you see ben or jared hoffer any more, tell them potts says hi. HCS pride! anyways, he did it by pure grit, determination, laziness, and other stuff probably was there too.

Buckshot
02-03-2005, 12:35 PM
GOT knows better that this type of content belongs in another forum. We all have a story but there's a time and a place and this is not the place.

~stephen

AviD
02-03-2005, 12:37 PM
Where is the official "tell your story" forum? I honestly don't know, and was looking forward to GoT's story (and anyone else's) as well.

Buckshot
02-03-2005, 02:26 PM
Normally these type posts go into NVG or the general forum.

~stephen

guidoguru
02-03-2005, 04:19 PM
geez, if only the HCS administration knew that they were churning out degenerate gamblers instead of model citizens... /images/graemlins/grin.gif I will definately tell ben and jared hi for you. I see ben a couple times a week, and i talk to jared online fairly often too.

GuyOnTilt
02-03-2005, 04:26 PM
GOT knows better that this type of content belongs in another forum. We all have a story but there's a time and a place and this is not the place.

Eh, okay. If someone really cares they can start a thread in NVG then and I'll do it there.

GoT

guidoguru
02-03-2005, 04:29 PM
hey potts, are you still in the seattle area? if so, i run a low stakes weekly home game, and you would be more than welcome to stop by. we play a tournament first (usually hold 'em, but we are going to start doing omaha, razz, 2 to 7, stud, and other games too), and then as players bust out we get a NLHE ring game started. There's always between 8 to 16 people that show up.