PDA

View Full Version : I was asked to participate in an online interview from pokerlizard!

DaveWilliams
02-02-2005, 06:55 PM
Many of you online future pros might be interested in how online sites conduct interviews. This process is actually very simple and basic. For instance, I get an PM from "texter" to my 2plus2 homepage. Texter is a well respected writer over at pokerlizard. He is a real gentleman. Here is the first PM i received:

David,

Any interest in a simple email interview with the guys at PokerLizard.com? It's very easy, we just email questions and you send back answers when you get a chance. It's no Playboy but we try and have some fun with it.

Some of their past ones include:

Annie Duke
Greg Raymer
Paul Phillips
Daniel Negreanu

You can check them out at

http://www.pokerlizard.com/interviews/interviews.htm

Thanks,

Reid

**After I see that he is legit and he has interviewed some real legends in this game. I then write him back and tell him to shoot away. so this is the next PM he sent me with the interview questions:David, thanks again, here are the questions:

1. How did you first become interested in Poker? When did you first become serious about playing?

2. In the 2004 WSOP, you finished in 2nd place, winning $3.5 million. How has your life changed since the WSOP?

3. The ESPN broadcast played up your friendship with Marcel Luske, how did you two become friends? How has Marcel helped your poker?

4. You followed up your success at the WSOP with a 2nd Place Finish at the WPT Borgata Open in Atlantic City and won the $1,500 Limit Hold’em event at the Five Diamond World Poker Classic. How satisfying was it to prove to the poker community and public that you have skills and weren’t just lucky at the WSOP?

5. Are you going to pursue Poker as your career or do you see it mostly as a hobby? What career do you think you would have pursued if not for your instant wealth?

6. Which is your favorite Poker game to play and why (Tourney vs Cash Game etc…)?

7. You qualified for the WSOP through an online tourney on Pokerstars.com, How difficult was it to qualify online? As a starving college student, did you ever consider selling your seat?

8. Do you still play online? If so, how often? Does your style of play vary significantly from your live action play?

9. Which Poker Books/Software have you found to be the most beneficial?

10. At the WSOP it seemed that you made your betting decisions much more quickly than other players, it reminds me of “speed” chess players who need to have all of their opponents moves thought out ahead of time and react quickly, is that an accurate analogy? And do you think this style helps to keep your opponents off balance?

11. What do you attribute the explosion of young players cashing in the WSOP this year?

12. You’ve taken some criticism from the online forums for the last hand of the WSOP from people who only saw a very select few of the hands played. What was your overall thought process for that last hand?

13. How strange is it to be recognized out in public now? Who gets recognized from the WSOP broadcasts more, You or your mom?

14. Other than becoming a millionaire, What is the coolest thing you’ve done as a result of your WSOP finish?

15. When Greg "Fossilman" Raymer was mugged last month it really showed that money and fame does come with a price, Has winning that kind of money created any problems or concerns for you? Has anyone ask you to stake them yet?

16. Obligatory PokerLizard Question: If you were Matt Damon in “Rounders” how long would it have taken you to kick your girlfriend to the curb and get with Famke Janssen?

Thanks for your time and we wish you continued success.

**So the next step will involve me answering the questions and responding back to Texter. Then finally when finished you guys can go read this great interview. I hope some of you find this thread interesting. Later--DWILLI

MLG
02-02-2005, 07:09 PM
We get it, you like to pretend to be David Williams.

La Brujita
02-02-2005, 07:18 PM
If MLG keeps up his successes I might start pretending to be MLG. Is mlg taken?

bolgenmod
02-02-2005, 08:20 PM
Interesting questions -- I look forward to reading your answers. Nice of you to post for us -- welcome, and ignore the trolls!

MLG
02-02-2005, 08:21 PM
Its not the real david williams.

Tevyee
02-02-2005, 08:24 PM
Hehe, I hope this is the real David Williams and not some poser! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

DesertCat
02-02-2005, 08:41 PM
When is this yahoo's account going to be shut down?

morgan180
02-02-2005, 09:00 PM
The real David Williams has ONE post here. That's it. And this is not him.

Beerfund
02-02-2005, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Its not the real david williams.

[/ QUOTE ]

It could be and the only way to prove it would be for him to post pics of him in his underwear when he was 17. It's the only way.....

Steve McQueen
02-02-2005, 10:02 PM
Lmao.

wjmooner
02-03-2005, 03:24 AM
LMAO at any poster calling La Brujita and MLG trolls.

WJ

grandgnu
02-03-2005, 08:39 AM
I was contacted by Worcester Magazine and the Boston Herald, both of which are going to be running stories on "underground" poker games.

They're obviously looking for dirt, illegal games, the seedy underside of poker, etc.

I run twice monthly home games in Massachusetts, but my games aren't "underground" or a "business" (one of the questions the guy from the Herald asked me was "how good is the business of running home games")

Durn reporters, always trying to get people in trouble. :P

I just got my new home game website up at www.triplethreatpoker.com (http://www.triplethreatpoker.com) I had a free site on my verizon webspace, but the idiots deleted it twice when upgrading my line speed. Needless to say, I've switched over to Comcast.

Dunno what will happen with the articles just yet. I just emailed answers to the guy from the Herald. The lady from Worcester Magazine plans to phone interview me on Friday, and possibly send a photographer down to my event on Saturday (she had hoped to get some tips and play in one of my events, but my current game schedule doesn't work for her)

Anyway, enough about me: Dave, congrats on your continued success in the poker tournaments. I've seen you've continued to do well (I participate in an online fantasy poker league). Hope you continue to have much success. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Texter
02-03-2005, 12:54 PM
Fake Dave neglects to mention I figured out he was a fake and told him so...especially after his butchering of the english language. Nice Try Fake Dave, keep up the fakery you are pretty funny.

The real David Williams posts as David A Williams and only posted once.

drewjustdrew
02-03-2005, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We get it, you like to pretend to be David Williams.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it. I agree with you, but I don't get it. Lame.

warlockjd
02-03-2005, 07:49 PM
errr.....I am Tiger Woods?

morgan180
02-03-2005, 08:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
LMAO at any poster calling La Brujita and MLG trolls.

[/ QUOTE ]

amen