PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Hawking

Sponger15SB
02-02-2005, 06:08 PM
So I go into our little Ucen area to eat lunch today on campus. I order some mexican food downstairs, set my stuff down at a table, and run up to grab a school paper. When I get to the top of the stairs I walk past a handicapped man in an motorized chair that looks like Stephen Hawking. I think naww that can't be him, but it sure did look like it. So I grab my paper and walk back down, and discover that it is in fact him! He was eating at the same mexican place, and the place that him and the people he was with was directly next to the table where I had sat my stuff down!

He didn't "say" much to his friends, but it was cool being next to such a genius.

I was thinking of telling him about a problems I found in his book "A Brief History of Time", but I figured he wouldn't want to be bothered while he was eating. Besides I know far to much about theoretical physics to be bothered with somebody like that, I mean he hasn't even won a nobel prize! pfffft

Also, a few months ago I was in line for panda express when David Gross (http://www.ucsb.edu/nobel/gross.shtml) got in line behind me with a friend. Word.

istewart
02-02-2005, 06:11 PM
You could've at least offered to wipe his ass for him.

AngryCola
02-02-2005, 06:11 PM
That's wild.

Stephen Hawking is a pimp.

A_C_Slater
02-02-2005, 06:12 PM
I would have asked him if it was in fact possible, at least theoretically, that two Marty Mcfly's could exist simultaneously in 1955.

TylerD
02-02-2005, 06:14 PM
You should've followed Homer's example and tried to get some free Mexican.

Homer
02-02-2005, 06:15 PM
I would have asked him if he is still intrigued by my theory of a donut-shaped universe.

Sponger15SB
02-02-2005, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would have asked him if it was in fact possible, at least theoretically, that two Marty Mcfly's could exist simultaneously in 1955.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHA

Yeah I texted my friend and she kept on telling me to go talk to him or see if I could get his autograph or something.

Anyone see the skit with Jim Carrey and Hawking on conan a while back where(something like this....) Jim was talking about some theory of the universe, and Hawking phones in to say tell him what a genius he is, they get into an argument about who is the bigger genius and start saying like

hawking: you are
carey: no you are
hawking: no you are times infinity

and then hawking says he has to go because he hasn't finished watching dumb and dumber.

classic.

AngryCola
02-02-2005, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone see the skit with Jim Carrey and Hawking on conan a while back?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.
It was funny.

Hawking was also in the Simpsons and Futurama.

Sponger15SB
02-02-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hawking: Don't feel bad, Lisa. Sometimes, the smartest of us can be the most childish.
Lisa: Even you?
Hawking: No. Not me. Never.

Hawking: Your theory of a donut-shaped universe is intriguing, Homer. I may have to steal it.
Homer: Wow, I can't believe someone I never heard of is hanging out with a guy like me.
Moe: All right, it's closing time. Who's paying the tab?
Homer: [imitating Hawking's voice box] I am.
Hawking: I didn't say that.
Homer: [still imitating] Yes I did.

Duke
02-02-2005, 06:38 PM
I think Universe in a Nutshell is a neater book conceptually than aBHoT. Both are really high level, though. Feynman said that if you can't explain something to a College Freshman it means you don't understand it well enough. I tend to agree.

And yeah, I think that Hawking is probably the smartest guy on Earth right now. Too bad he's like he is. Do you think he would trade his mind for the ability to walk/be normal? I don't think he would.

~D

Shajen
02-02-2005, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think Universe in a Nutshell is a neater book conceptually than aBHoT. Both are really high level, though. Feynman said that if you can't explain something to a College Freshman it means you don't understand it well enough. I tend to agree.

And yeah, I think that Hawking is probably the smartest guy on Earth right now. Too bad he's like he is. Do you think he would trade his mind for the ability to walk/be normal? I don't think he would.

~D

[/ QUOTE ]

would you? I would. I feel that even though he's clearly brilliant, he's miss(ed)ing out on a lot of things. But then again, I'm a simple guy. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sponger15SB
02-02-2005, 06:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Do you think he would trade his mind for the ability to walk/be normal? I don't think he would.

[/ QUOTE ]

He probably wouldn't. I would in a second.

VBM
02-02-2005, 07:01 PM
he's a straight thuggin MC (http://www.mchawking.com/) as well.

BreakEvenPlayer
02-02-2005, 07:07 PM
Yeah Sponger, I read something a couple years ago which said that one of Hawking's favorite places in the world is the UCEN at our school. He likes to get lunch and sit out on the patio and look out over the ocean there.

And since he liked the place so much, the University began putting some serious funding into our Theoretical Physics department, which is now one of the best in the country. So that gives him reason to come here even more often, which he does.

Unless you would like to be thouroughly frustrated for a couple weeks I wouldn't recommend attending one of his lectures that he does every now and then. So damn confusing, unless that Quantam [censored] really is your bag.

AngryCola
02-02-2005, 07:39 PM
This is hilarious... to me anyway -
*WARNING - Some strong language*

MC Hawking - QuakeMaster (http://www.soundclick.com/bands/3/mchawkingmusic.htm)

BusterStacks
02-02-2005, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone see the skit with Jim Carrey and Hawking on conan a while back?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.
It was funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also in Family Guy. So funny...

BusterStacks
02-02-2005, 07:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is hilarious... to me anyway -
*WARNING - Some strong language*

MC Hawking - QuakeMaster (http://www.soundclick.com/bands/3/mchawkingmusic.htm)

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, excellent!

mike l.
02-02-2005, 07:54 PM
when i clicked this thread and saw this was not about a link to hawking having sex wtih paris hilton or something i was sorely disappointed.

Sponger15SB
02-02-2005, 07:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
when i clicked this thread and saw this was not about a link to hawking having sex wtih paris hilton or something i was sorely disappointed.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have a vivid imagnation. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=1432641&Fo rum=f20&Words=anal&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=1430 081&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=176&daterange=1 &newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodypre v=#Post1432641)

tek
02-02-2005, 08:21 PM
Let's see: a guy in wheelchair eating mexican food.

Yep, that's genius thinkin' for ya... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

David Steele
02-02-2005, 08:24 PM
He also wrote what would be very fresh rap if wasn't a little dated now:
e.g.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/3/mchawkingmusic.htm

Man this old site is so commercial now you can hardly hear any tracks but here it is:
http://www.mchawking.com/
D.

tek
02-02-2005, 08:24 PM
Here's a serious question. If cloning technology was advanced enough to clone humans, what difference would it make if you are cloned or if "you" from the future were brought to this time-space as far co-existing?

housenuts
02-02-2005, 08:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Here's a serious question. If cloning technology was advanced enough to clone humans, what difference would it make if you are cloned or if "you" from the future were brought to this time-space as far co-existing?

[/ QUOTE ]

the reason is because with a clone they are completely different entities. they just have the same genetic make-up. if you were to go back in time and see yourself in the past it could cause a world of problems. because anything you do to yourself in the past would effect how the future would turn out.

housenuts
02-02-2005, 10:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Do you think he would trade his mind for the ability to walk/be normal? I don't think he would.

[/ QUOTE ]

He probably wouldn't. I would in a second.

[/ QUOTE ]

you would if you were him, or you would trade your body for his mind?

housenuts
02-02-2005, 10:04 PM
another question, does stephen hawking get any pussy?

Shajen
02-02-2005, 10:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
another question, does stephen hawking get any pussy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell ya dude, he thinks them outta their panties.

There's a pic somewhere with him pimpin some hoes. For real.