PDA

View Full Version : You must do an eating contest. Which one?

Ulysses
02-02-2005, 05:15 PM
OK. Here's the scenario. You must partake in an eating contest each week for fifty-two weeks. The contest will be a couple of hours long and you must give it your all every time.

Pick one beverage, one sweet food, one savory food and say which one you would most prefer as your contest item.

PoBoy321
02-02-2005, 05:16 PM
Beverage: Water
Sweet Food: Devil's Food Cake
Savory Food: Hot Dogs

Hot dogs would be my preferred item.

Kobayashi is my hero.

fatmongo
02-02-2005, 05:18 PM
Diet Coke
Ice Cream
Steak

I'd kick ass in ice cream, but doubt I could do it every week for a year. Hit me with the Diet Coke. I won't be beat.

lapoker17
02-02-2005, 05:19 PM
Milk
Fruitcake
Quail

The Yugoslavian
02-02-2005, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Milk
Fruitcake
Quail

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

Bluffoon
Ice Tea
Snickers Bars
Ribs

Goddamnit now im hungry

slickpoppa
afterbirth
semen
poop

pshreck
[ QUOTE ]
Milk
Fruitcake
Quail

[/ QUOTE ]

That gets a laugh out loud.

LALDAAS
02-02-2005, 05:22 PM
beer
Ice cream
ribs

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Schneids
02-02-2005, 05:22 PM
Beverage: IBC Cream Soda
Sweet Food: Edy's Starburst Icecream (no longer being made)
Savory Food: Prime rib with au jour.

I'd most prefer the Prime rib though I think I could last forever with any of these three.

Bluffoon
02-02-2005, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Beverage: IBC Cream Soda
Sweet Food: Edy's Starburst Icecream (no longer being made)
Savory Food: Prime rib with au jour.

I'd most prefer the Prime rib though I think I could last forever with any of these three.

[/ QUOTE ]

Prime Rib Good Choice,

Goddamnit now im hungry.

Edge34
02-02-2005, 05:27 PM
Schneider,

Prime rib that is worth anything at all must not be consumed at a rapid pace. Shame.

Now, a more average cut of beef, like a New York Strip, that I could do for a savory food.

My Drink: Gatorade X-Factor Lemon-Lime/Strawberry. I could live on this stuff alone (and pretty much do apart from milk and water).

Sweet food: Edy's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. I may die doing it, but dammit, it'd be a good way to go.

mmbt0ne
02-02-2005, 05:28 PM
Beverage: Lemon-Lime Powerade. I can put 32oz. of that down in one drinking motion.
Sweet Food: Double Fudge Brownies
Savory Food: Unagi

Oh man, I was all set to do the powerade, but that unagi has me second-guessing myself. I think I could do better at powerade though, and then I wouldn't be sick of unagi in a year.

sfer
02-02-2005, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...I think I could last forever with any of these three.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad idea, Schneids. You'd hate all 3 at the end of the 52 weeks and would never want to see any of them again.

Schneids
02-02-2005, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Prime rib that is worth anything at all must not be consumed at a rapid pace. Shame.

Now, a more average cut of beef, like a New York Strip, that I could do for a savory food.

[/ QUOTE ]

But Prime Rib tastes better and is probably less filling. I know when we have it at Christmas I devour it with fervor so if I'm going to be eating something in a weekly contest I want to enjoy it.

Schneids
02-02-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...I think I could last forever with any of these three.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad idea, Schneids. You'd hate all 3 at the end of the 52 weeks and would never want to see any of them again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have ate Arby's 2-3 times per week for 6 months now and I do not yet hate it... Not saying 2 hours of forced consumption for a year wouldn't make me hate any/all of them though.

turnipmonster
02-02-2005, 05:40 PM
non-water beverage: lemonade
sweet food: rice pudding
savory food: pierogies

--turnipmonster

Clarkmeister
02-02-2005, 05:41 PM
Coke, Pizza and Pizza.

WEASEL45
02-02-2005, 05:49 PM
Asahi
Big eds icecream sandwich
Prime Rib

M2d
02-02-2005, 05:52 PM
POG
fresh kauai papaya
fresh toro

SomethingClever
02-02-2005, 05:53 PM
BEST
Lemon-Lime Gatorade
Black Forest Gummy Bears
Flank Steak

Worst
Cheap Tequila
Circus Peanuts
Leftover Tuna Casserole

Inthacup
02-02-2005, 05:55 PM
1. Sweet Tea
2. Poundcake
3. Mongolian Beef from P.F. Chang's(without scallions)

IsaacW
02-02-2005, 05:57 PM
Bring me:

a pitcher of beer
some jalapeno poppers
and
let's start with 50 wings, extra hot, and keep the ranch comin'...

Hey Fryman, you hear what I ordered? I'm gonna be fartin' blood over here!

felson
02-02-2005, 05:57 PM
water or, failing that, lemonade
chocolate chip cookies
fried chicken

ddollevoet
02-02-2005, 06:01 PM
Arizona Iced Tea
Krispy Kreme Donuts
Fried Chicken (KFC)

citanul
02-02-2005, 06:07 PM
it's a relative crime to eat hot wings with ranch dressing.

do you see why?

citanul

offTopic
02-02-2005, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Pick one beverage, one sweet food, one savory food and say which one you would most prefer as your contest item.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't Dynasty declare a moratorium on eating threads? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Beverage: Sodas seem a sure way to sick/gassy - but for nostalgia's sake, I'd vote 6 oz glass bottles of Coke.

Sweet: Manju

Savory: Ribs, either pork or beef

Curiosity drives me to see how many pieces of manju I could eat i a year.

Shajen
02-02-2005, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

do you see why?

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh...better ranch dressing that the garbage that is butt erm, I mean, bleu cheese.

IsaacW
02-02-2005, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

do you see why?

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]
Jalapeno poppers are hardly "sweet."

It was a quote from a TV show, not a serious answer.

YOU FAIL IT /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BottlesOf
02-02-2005, 06:14 PM
WTF is "au jour?" "au jus?"

citanul
02-02-2005, 06:16 PM
it's like au jus, but mixed with soup du jour, so sometimes you have your prime rib with french onion, sometimes with cream of tomato, sometimes with wild barley, or clam chowder.

citanul

citanul
02-02-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

do you see why?

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh...better ranch dressing that the garbage that is butt erm, I mean, bleu cheese.

[/ QUOTE ]

if that's your opinion, fine, but ranch with hot wings is foul. just use beer as your sauce if you must have no blue cheese.

citanul

SomethingClever
02-02-2005, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Krispy Kreme Donuts

[/ QUOTE ]

Well played.

Nottom
02-02-2005, 06:22 PM
Milk, Little Debbie's Oatmeal Pies, Pizza

B Dids
02-02-2005, 06:33 PM
Beverage: Water, easy to drink fast, won't mess you up. If water is out Mnt. Dew, 'cause it's the easiest soda to drink fast.

Savory Food: My thought is a leanish steak, that's got the least other nonsense to get in your way.

Sweet Food: Pudding, vats and vats of pudding.

SossMan
02-02-2005, 06:33 PM
Peet's House Blend Coffee
Hostess Pie (Cherry, of course)
Sashimi

Ulysses
02-02-2005, 06:51 PM
Drink: I'm waffling between water, OJ, Gatorade. I think OJ.

Sweet: Jello.

Savory: Sushi.

Jello first choice.

Sponger15SB
02-02-2005, 07:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Beverage: Lemon-Lime Powerade.

[/ QUOTE ]

Powerade?

I've lost all respect for you

Shajen
02-02-2005, 07:07 PM
Beverage: Diet Dr Pepper

Sweet: I don't know, pick one, I don't eat sweets.

Savory: toss up between my homemade chicken enchiladas and a ribeye.

Badassed post El D.

SossMan
02-02-2005, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

copy cat.

Corey
02-02-2005, 07:41 PM
Beverage: Framboise Lambic
Sweet: The one Ben/Jerry's with the toffee
Savory: Carnitas Burrito from Chipotle

ThaSaltCracka
02-02-2005, 07:49 PM
Drink: Beer
Sweet food: I hate sweets, so nothing
savrory food: Steak

citanul
02-02-2005, 07:56 PM
you again for got "hmmmmm..." at the beginning of your post, and you clearly weren't allowed to chose "none." sigh.

Drink: Gatorade purple frost, just really easy to drink, though I guess since we aren't like, being rewarded for winning, I might make it some really nice wine or something, just to get lots of something I couldn't normally afford.

Sweet: Tiramisu. Man I like tiramisu.

Savory: Either prime rib, sushi, or bacon blue cheese burgers. Probably for health reasons, I'd have to lay off the bacon blue cheese burgers though, and stick to the first two.

citanul

SossMan
02-02-2005, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
bacon blue cheese burgers

[/ QUOTE ]

wow...I'm surprised I've never heard of these. Sounds too good to be true

mmbt0ne
02-02-2005, 07:58 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Powerade?

I've lost all respect for you

[/ QUOTE ]

Coke stock man, I gotta keep it in the family of beverages. It's a +EV move.

ThaSaltCracka
02-02-2005, 07:59 PM
hmmmm..... there is no way I would ever want to drink that much gatorade, simply horrible for you, especially if your just sitting there pounding.

citanul
02-02-2005, 08:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bacon blue cheese burgers

[/ QUOTE ]

wow...I'm surprised I've never heard of these. Sounds too good to be true

[/ QUOTE ]

They really are wonderful. For a little added greatness, use a pepper crustedish burger.

citanul

citanul
02-02-2005, 08:02 PM
... as opposed to beer, or other carbonated beverages. No way those could make you hurl if you were just pounding them.

citanul

ThaSaltCracka
02-02-2005, 08:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
... as opposed to beer, or other carbonated beverages. No way those could make you hurl if you were just pounding them.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]hmmmmmm...... 164 in a century club, holla!

turnipmonster
02-02-2005, 08:44 PM
any sweet beverage gets nauseating pretty quickly. water is the clear winner for me, but if no water then I'll change my answer to maker's mark.

--turnipmonster

AEKDBet
02-02-2005, 08:46 PM
This has just turned into a favorite foods thread.

No one would really 'give it their all' without some serious prize up for grabs - say $10K. With that said you should be thinking which foods you can eat the most of in the shortest time period with the least discomfort.

How would the winner be determined - difference in weight before and after conteset, calories consumed, etc?

The rules determining the winner would largely affect my food choices.

Fratony
02-02-2005, 09:20 PM
If you look back at the original scenerio it says "each week for fifty-two weeks". Being forced to eat something till the verge of puking weekly would probably teach me subconciously to stop eating it. The other big deciding factor for me is that it is for a couple of hours. My vote is easily for beer, something semi-light/crappy like american beer. I usually drink myself retarded weekly anyway (college rules), and if i was gonna get paid for it, as AEKDBet suggests, i would jump on that bandwagon in a heartbeat. Plus the fact that i haven't puked in years, and have had days where I have been blacked out for about 5 hours will probably put me above the competition. Bring it on!

AEKDBet
02-02-2005, 09:22 PM
Nice avatar. I want to stab you to death and play around with your blood.

peachy
02-02-2005, 09:27 PM
Water
Citrus Fruit (this IS dessert to me!!)
Salad

but i wouldnt wanna do mah fav foods b/c then id never wanna eat them again after all of this /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Jeff W
02-02-2005, 09:39 PM
Beverage: Camo Ice Malt Liquor
Sweet: Hostess Twinkies
Savory: Ham &amp; Cheese Hot Pockets

Prefer: Camo Ice.

housenuts
02-02-2005, 10:02 PM
Water
Wine Gums
very spicy hot wings

luxury item either big macs or kfc extra crispy breasts

astroglide
02-02-2005, 10:17 PM
i don't get the answers to this. i would want every item to be as close to water as possible if i had to consume massive amounts of it every week.

AEKDBet
02-02-2005, 10:25 PM
that's what im sayin' astro

Fratony
02-02-2005, 10:49 PM
I disagree...if it's a contest I want it to be something that I can consume more of than anyone else. Isn't that the point? Why even partake in the contest if its something that everyone is equal at? -EV

astroglide
02-02-2005, 10:51 PM
competitive eaters generally do not care about what they are eating, and they are highly likely to beat you. if i'm forced to do this every 7 days for a year, i'm thinking in terms of overall effects: how nauseated will i become with the product, and how will it affect my health? for that reason i'd pick water, i guess jello, and then probably lettuce.

Fratony
02-02-2005, 11:05 PM
I understand your point, and agree with you. However, the original post accounted for an eating time of "a couple of hours". competitive eaters may be good at eating a lot VERY fast, but i think that if its spanned over a couple hours and the food is limited to alcohol (as I stated previously) i would have a much better fighting chance against someone who could eat 55 hot dogs. Of course, in this instance anything coming out would count as negative consumption.

Ulysses
02-02-2005, 11:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i don't get the answers to this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I thought I was pretty clear. Give it your all. Every week you will try your hardest to eat absolutely as much as you can of the item. I think that would be a real ordeal with a number of the answers.

Maybe it would help people to think about this really important question if everything was measured in units (just assume that you will agree with the definitions of single-servings) and the winner (of a very large prize) each week will be whoever eats the most units of their item. So, a bowl of jello = a slice of pie = a slice of cake = a bowl of pudding. Or a glass of water = glass of beer = 1.5oz of whiskey. 8oz of steak = a hamburger = two big slices of pizza = a plate of sashimi. And so on.

So, two things should be taken into consideration. You want to choose things that you can eat a lot of. And you want to choose things that you like enough so having to eat as much as possible of the thing every week has the minimum amt of displeasure possible.

radek2166
02-02-2005, 11:16 PM
Pussy!!!!!!!!!!

jasonHoldEm
02-02-2005, 11:25 PM
Water
Oreo cookies
hot dogs

I'd pick oreos, but after week 3 or 4 I'd probably want to kill myself.

david050173
02-02-2005, 11:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Drink: I'm waffling between water, OJ, Gatorade. I think OJ.

Sweet: Jello.

Jello first choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Water is a poor choice. If you are chucking that much you need some electroytes to prevent yourself from getting sick. OJ or some sportdrink is a much better choice.

Fratony
02-02-2005, 11:58 PM
If everyone is eating whatever they want, i definately wouldnt partake in the contest. Some professional eater would undoubtedly beat me. Alcohol is my savior in this, if everyone had to drink then i may have a fighting chance.

astroglide
02-03-2005, 01:51 AM
yeah because it's a lot better to take in 634782642378482368 calories per week in sports drinks than get sick

nongice626
02-03-2005, 01:57 AM
i took a bite out of an arby sandwich once and almost vommited.

TimM
02-03-2005, 02:17 AM
Water

Sugar-Free Jello

Soup

Inthacup
02-03-2005, 02:28 AM
oh hell, let's get it over with:

water

sweet water

savory water

SuitedSixes
02-03-2005, 02:32 AM
Beverage: Dr. Pepper (I can drink Coronas much more efficiently)
Sweet Food: Snickers Crunchers
Savory Food: Quizno's Steak House Dip w/ mushrooms

QSHDWM would be my favorite

Ulysses
02-03-2005, 03:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
oh hell, let's get it over with:

water

sweet water

savory water

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on, Cup. That's not even mildly amusing.

astroglide
02-03-2005, 03:19 AM
this thread was a bad idea to begin with. his response was valid, and you earned it.

nothumb
02-03-2005, 03:30 AM
Alcohol: Good tequila or Pabst. I can consume either more or less indefinitely.

Beverage: If I can't get extra points for heaviness I just drink tea or something.

Sweet: Breyer's Mint Chip ice cream or those little dinner mints that are all powdery, then all melty.

Savory: Mom's baked chicken, marinated in pineapple juice and soy sauce. Pretty light, very juicy and tasty.

This becomes much more interesting if everyone else has to eat/drink the same thing as you.

In that case, my answers are tequila, flourless chocolate cake, and cheeseburgers.

NT

eastbay
02-03-2005, 03:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Beverage: Water
Sweet Food: Devil's Food Cake
Savory Food: Hot Dogs

Hot dogs would be my preferred item.

Kobayashi is my hero.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're nuts. Hot dogs are one of the most painful eating contest foods on the planet. Ever tried? It's WAY harder than it looks.

I also think water is the most brutal of all beverage choices (within reason). I'd be hurling water well before beer, for example.

eastbay

david050173
02-03-2005, 04:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah because it's a lot better to take in 634782642378482368 calories per week in sports drinks than get sick

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and it is not even close. Hyponatremia is fatal. Not sure if sports drinks have enough sugar to cause bad effects.

Ulysses
02-03-2005, 04:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This becomes much more interesting if everyone else has to eat/drink the same thing as you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, they do! Good idea! You pick and I will recruit ten people off the street to eat the same item. That is the contest!

Ulysses
02-03-2005, 04:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and it is not even close. Hyponatremia is fatal. Not sure if sports drinks have enough sugar to cause bad effects.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, let's assume you can eat whatever you want along with the water, just as you can have drinks in a hot-dog eating contest.

A buddy of mine ran a triathlon in hotter weather than he trained in and overhydrated himself w/out enough salt/gels/etc. He collapsed after finishing and was in a coma for a few days. Very scary stuff.

Ulysses
02-03-2005, 04:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
this thread was a bad idea to begin with. his response was valid, and you earned it.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it was a bad idea to mess around with your mom. She won't stop calling.

This thread was a good idea. I just hadn't thought of all the right details. The next eating contest thread will be perfect.

nothumb
02-03-2005, 05:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, they do! Good idea! You pick and I will recruit ten people off the street to eat the same item. That is the contest!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet. I want to try this with mashed potatoes, too. I can pack those away like a sumbitch.

NT