PDA

View Full Version : Party Poker 50k point promo is a SCAM

bobaloo23
02-02-2005, 04:32 PM
Knowing how a lot of guys on here will react and say i'm making this up or have other motives, not even sure why i'm doing it, but I don't want anyone to go through what I had to for this promo. This is a total setup from Party to get people to play like crazy and make all the extra money.

Not sure how many people knew, but I was told of this 3 days before it started on Saturday. I was told just make 30k in the week and you're good. Then it was changed to first 20 and you're good. So I got a bunch of people together and planned to do it all at midnight. So, by 12:45 through referrals, I earned myself a quick 35,000 points just to be safe. I was sure that was the quickest by far. So I email party and call, as the manager who told me about it told me to call her personally and she'd arrange everything because i've had a few problems with them and she was being nice. So I call and she totally blows me off and says she doesn't even know who I am or what I talking about.

No problem, i have the points, send me my trip. So i'm told I did it all quick and rushed for nothing as the system won't update until the next day anyway. And the first 20 people to call in after it updates get the prize, so now it's more like a lottery and it keeps changing everytime I talk to a different person. So I wait up all night hitting refresh on the points page and in the morning it updates, only it updates for the jan 31 points, not the first. So now I have to wait until today to do it. Stay up all night again and my points get put in, only i'm short about 6,000 because they didn't credit my full number of referrals.

So I call in, furious they screwed me again, and i'm told too bad, can't do anything until system tells us you made 30k. Even though he can see I had the referrals he still couldn't do it manually, and I was scewed for the fifth time on it. Finally after arguing and getting the managers manager involved, 3 people up, I'm told they'll forward it to promotions who will review it for me and take care of it right away.

Only problem is, they've left for the day and won't be back for 15 hours?? So, i'm pissed now, and call back and ask for promotions, sure enough, they're working 24/7 they tell me. So, i've been lied to for the 20th time on this. She goes on to tell me too bad, have to wait, AND heres the kicker. I've been told and have read that as soon as you have the 30k, email in and they'll deduct the points from your account and you're good to go. NOW she tells me, once the points are there they forward it to management, and on the 7th, NO SOONER, they will review all the people who made the point requirements and alert the 20 winners.

So the first 20 is bullshit, it's whichever 20 they decide to pick, which i'm sure is predetermined. So, i'm 100% sure I did this the quickest and i was done 45 minutes into the thing, and they won't give me the stupid package and worst of all, i won't even know until the 7th, which i'm sure is crap and no way i'm getting it. If it wasn't a scam, then once you made the points in time, they'd tell the first 20, no problem you got the package, congratulations. But what they are doing is holding off, so they get the most extra money from everyone, only to screw everyone at the end. I have proof i made the points and if this isn't resolved in the morning, i will be contacting my lawyer, the Better Business Bureau and anyone else that will listen. If they wanted to make this like they are, they should have just said so, and put everyones name in a hat who qualified and pick 20. Instead they get everyones hopes up, and get all the extra money and referrals and screw everyone in the end. This won't stop you guys from trying probably, but I just don't want someone to spend every night earning points or getting refferals and making party money, and end up getting screwed and lied to. Take it for what you will.

pokercraze
02-02-2005, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Only problem is, they've left for the day and won't be back for 15 hours?? So, i'm pissed now, and call back and ask for promotions, sure enough, they're working 24/7 they tell me. So, i've been lied to for the 20th time on this. She goes on to tell me too bad, have to wait, AND heres the kicker. I've been told and have read that as soon as you have the 30k, email in and they'll deduct the points from your account and you're good to go. NOW she tells me, once the points are there they forward it to management, and on the 7th, NO SOONER, they will review all the people who made the point requirements and alert the 20 winners.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get used to it. Their customer service is awful. Just to fart around I played starluck.com(0wned by partypoker). I got to the semifinals for the cruise and the freeroll was gone. I called in asking what happened and no one had an answer. I think a lot of their themed promotions are bs. They are not very well thought out and executed poorly.

You will most likely call tommorow and be told that the promotions person is on "vacation leave". They love doing this type of $hit. I can't tell you how many hours of my life i've wasted dealing with their incompetent support.

pr0crastin8r
02-02-2005, 04:46 PM
When they "review" all the people who emailed in and qualified, don't you think they'll just select the 20 that the system says got the points first? Take a chill pill dude. If you really did it that fast, the evidence is all there in their system. Of course they aren't going to notify all the winners instantly, they want as many people to participate in this thing as possible.

And it's a free trip, it's not like something they took away from you that was rightfully yours. Patience is a virtue. Awesome if you get it, but it's not the end of the world if you don't.

pokercraze
02-02-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When they "review" all the people who emailed in and qualified, don't you think they'll just select the 20 that the system says got the points first? Take a chill pill dude. If you really did it that fast, the evidence is all there in their system. Of course they aren't going to notify all the winners instantly, they want as many people to participate in this thing as possible.

And it's a free trip, it's not like something they took away from you that was rightfully yours. Patience is a virtue. Awesome if you get it, but it's not the end of the world if you don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's called false advertising you dip$hit.

pr0crastin8r
02-02-2005, 04:49 PM
sticks and stones

mike_sharpe
02-02-2005, 04:55 PM
Call 911, someone needs a waaaaaaaambulance.

SomethingClever
02-02-2005, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i will be contacting my lawyer, the Better Business Bureau and anyone else that will listen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to hear about this, and it's probably good that you posted it here, so others won't try to qualify while drawing dead, so to speak.

That said, your lawyer and the BBB won't be able to help you. PP isn't based in this country.

tripdad
02-02-2005, 05:20 PM
i think you got screwed on this one, as i've been notified already as a winner, and they told you they wouldn't do so until the 7th.

on top of that, i show i've only accumulated 26,500 points thus far, yet they credit me as having 34,500.

oh, well. hopefully you get there. if you make the trip, look me up and we'll have a drink or 10.
<font color="white"> i'm a dirty liar </font>
cheers!

bobaloo23
02-02-2005, 05:36 PM
First of all, it isn't "free". I earned my first points playing a lot on their site and giving them rake. Secondly, they ARE taking away something that is rightfully mine as I did the requirements and I am rightfully entitled to what they said they were giving out. Lastly, who is to say they will take the first 20 people? On their site they say you email in and they review it right away and deduct the points and award the prize. It doesn't say we'll reward them after we milk every last penny from everyone.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Kablooie
02-02-2005, 06:02 PM
So if I understand this correctly, you're complaining because you got insider information from a manger, which allowed you to jump the gun on everybody else with a bunch of referrals.

I wonder if they fired the manager?

WackityWhiz
02-02-2005, 06:15 PM
First of all , a friend of mine played 4 tables for 18 hrs straight yesterday and he's at it again now. I think that the TAF bonus is a crock and shouldn't be allowed for the 30k party points. Hopefully they do review at the end and they can see how many points my friend earned them and then give him a trip.

You expect people to feel sorry for u just cuz u might not get the trip. You earned 30k points the cheapest way possible. You are a scam artist.

GuyOnTilt
02-02-2005, 06:24 PM
You earned 30k points the cheapest way possible. You are a scam artist.

This is a stupid statement. What he did was totally within the rules.

GoT

pokercraze
02-02-2005, 06:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
First of all , a friend of mine played 4 tables for 18 hrs straight yesterday and he's at it again now. I think that the TAF bonus is a crock and shouldn't be allowed for the 30k party points. Hopefully they do review at the end and they can see how many points my friend earned them and then give him a trip.

You expect people to feel sorry for u just cuz u might not get the trip. You earned 30k points the cheapest way possible. You are a scam artist.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you are a retard.

Losing all
02-02-2005, 06:28 PM
No sh!t, I can't believe people are taking this guys side.

The fact that you got the word early, and just so happended to have an army of poker playing "friends" that never felt the need to play party until feb1. What a load of crap! Maybe you should call the BBB on your own scamming ass.

1C5
02-02-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He is not a scam artist. Look at the rules for the cruise and the ways to get the points. Just because he did one way instead of another doesn't make him a scam artist.

Shoe
02-02-2005, 09:33 PM
He is obviously taking advantage of the rules though, and I would not blame party for rewarding the package to someone else.

If party determines that these "new users" aren't really new users at all, and just a bunch of mule accounts, I'm sure they can reverse the points for those sign ups.

rusty JEDI
02-02-2005, 09:49 PM
Im going to have to go on maybe an unfavourable side here.

I think that the referral thing is straight up terrible and should not count at all. Who is to say this guy didnt just go hit the university computer lab with 20 frat friends and sign each up on every computer and pay each one $50 and a free account. Im not sure how much you got per referral, but lets assume 20 was enough. $1000 out of pocket later you have a package worth $12,000.

Or like at bonuswhores where many unscruplous people signed up all kinds of accounts for the empire500. Who is to say that he didnt just do this and will now withdrawl all of the minimum deposits once the cruise is over.

It smells to me.

rJ

Player12345
02-02-2005, 09:56 PM
if i give friends $50 to play with if they set up an account, those players are 100% legit. they would play the $50, not try and cash out. then, as far as party goes, these guys may keep playing anyway. so who's to say what a legit account is or not? as long as it is all different people and there is no identity scams then it counts. but to make it fair, they should not even allow referrals for this promotion just like rusty says. this should be based on power playing, not new accounts.

Thythe
02-02-2005, 09:58 PM
I will also side with you Rusty.

rusty JEDI
02-02-2005, 10:09 PM
Just adding more to my post.

For him to do this all he would need is 17 friends in a university computer lab who deposit $50 and play 125 raked hands. They would also receive $25 into their accounts, and $50 into his. Plus the $12,600 package.

So he could front them $50 and get it all back plus the trip.

rJ

_2000Flushes
02-02-2005, 11:12 PM
It may be a little shi[/b]tty that this guy got a jump on everyone else, but I think the whole scam artist argument is absurd. He may be taking the fastest and easiest route to 30,000 points, but he's not cheating. That sucks if you don't make first 20 after earning the points the hard way, but the same rules applied to everyone. The promotion may be extremely unfair, but you can't hold it against this guy for being smart about it.

That said, I'm not surprised at all that Party is giving this guy the shaft. The worst thing about it is that they don't have the sack to just tell him straight up. They screw him, and they do it slowly.

-2kF

rusty JEDI
02-02-2005, 11:17 PM
I dont think i'd call him a scam artist. Maybe an angle shooter.

It was certainly outside the spirit of the promotion. That said, i have had arguments with totalbet over "spirit of the promotion" before.

If I am party I pay out the seat, and give lashings to the person who overlooked this possibility.

rJ

pokercraze
02-02-2005, 11:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont think i'd call him a scam artist. Maybe an angle shooter.

It was certainly outside the spirit of the promotion. That said, i have had arguments with totalbet over "spirit of the promotion" before.

If I am party I pay out the seat, and give lashings to the person who overlooked this possibility.

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

You're an angle shooter as well. Ya know when you sit there scoping out the tables preying on the fish. WTF do you think you're doing? What about the bonuses you guys whore? You are trying to get an edge.

Bunch of hypocritical fanboy's here.

_2000Flushes
02-02-2005, 11:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

-2kF

MicroBob
02-02-2005, 11:36 PM
I believe people have come on here before and complained that party was paying them the affiliate fees because their sign-ups weren't generating enough play.

Isn't it possible that they won't credit the points to those who get the 30 sign-ups or whatever?
I think there's a chance of this...I'm skeptical that they would shaft all those who went the RAF route but I think it's possible.

Anyway, since I've come this far I'm sticking with it for now until I feel I have more definitive proof that I'm drawing-dead.

From posters I'm not familiar with grand tales or claims I simply can't be 100% confident that they are being truthful.
An ulterior motive could conceiveably be to get multi-tablers like me to give up so that he would have a better chance of making it. I'm not saying that's what the OP is doing here....but that anything is possible.

Still, the arguments made in this and other threads are convincing me that my massive play the couple of days will be only for poker-profits only.

I'm currently putting my chances of getting a seat at less than 10%.

MicroBob
02-02-2005, 11:39 PM
oh yeah...almost forgot...

Anyone who thinks that contacting an American lawyer or the BBB would be helpful when dealing with an internet poker-site from Gibralter has to get even less credit with me.

Awesemo
02-03-2005, 12:10 AM
First of all generating fraudulent traffic with the tell a friend IS against the rules. That's exactly what it sounds like you did. No sympathy here.

MicroBob
02-03-2005, 12:12 AM
Yes...this has occured to me as well.

See my post 'my e-mail to party'

nongice626
02-03-2005, 12:21 AM
Ive had troubles in the past with customer service and I know how you feel, so PM me and Im gonna give you the $13,000 for that seat.

no, wait.

go fvck yourself.

but thanks for not making this post to bitch, and instead making it to inform us.

Bigdaddydvo
02-03-2005, 12:36 AM
MB....where do you stand now?

bobaloo23
02-03-2005, 04:56 AM
You guys miss the whole point here. First of all, I didn't know I was the only one who knew, the manager told me, and I emailed party and they sent me an email about it also. It wasn't a big secret. Second of all, its within their rules to earn points and I was going to play 4 tables as much as I could and thought I could do 30k. Then she told me only 20 people go, so I thought of refer a friend. And i'm sure 100 other people did it already too, so theres probably no spots. Yeah I got screwed, makes you all happy, whatever. I did what was in the rules, noone had any problem when people tried to deposit $10,000 within the rules. Noone had a problem with the team idea, which by the way, is CLEARLY against the rules. So as long as you're doing it, you can break the rules. I follow the rules and I'm an bad guy. Pretty funny coming from a forum that uses poker tracker and every other edge they can get, I go for an edge, its all bad. Whatever.
This post wasn't just to rant, it was to let others know that it is a waste of time. And the way they set it up was a total scam. Especially not telling anyone until the 7th, right after the semi finals too. If you think you won the 30k package, then you wuoldn't play in them. But what happens if you're not sure if you won, so you play the semis and win, then they tell you that you won but can't have it because you already have one. And they already said they won't give cash if you have one for the 30k deal. So make me the bad guy all you want. Let party screw you too.

_2000Flushes
02-03-2005, 05:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You guys miss the whole point here. First of all, I didn't know I was the only one who knew, the manager told me, and I emailed party and they sent me an email about it also. It wasn't a big secret. Second of all, its within their rules to earn points and I was going to play 4 tables as much as I could and thought I could do 30k. Then she told me only 20 people go, so I thought of refer a friend. And i'm sure 100 other people did it already too, so theres probably no spots. Yeah I got screwed, makes you all happy, whatever. I did what was in the rules, noone had any problem when people tried to deposit $10,000 within the rules. Noone had a problem with the team idea, which by the way, is CLEARLY against the rules. So as long as you're doing it, you can break the rules. I follow the rules and I'm an bad guy. Pretty funny coming from a forum that uses poker tracker and every other edge they can get, I go for an edge, its all bad. Whatever.
This post wasn't just to rant, it was to let others know that it is a waste of time. And the way they set it up was a total scam. Especially not telling anyone until the 7th, right after the semi finals too. If you think you won the 30k package, then you wuoldn't play in them. But what happens if you're not sure if you won, so you play the semis and win, then they tell you that you won but can't have it because you already have one. And they already said they won't give cash if you have one for the 30k deal. So make me the bad guy all you want. Let party screw you too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Half the people here sympathized with your plight, but you probably just alienated yourself from all the support you may have had.

-2kF

The-Matador
02-03-2005, 06:13 AM
I didn't read all the replies, so I can't really be sure if this has been said, but ...

As a lawyer myself, I can tell you this: don't bother contacting your attorney. You have no cause of action, no matter what any of the armchair law and order jockeys on here might say.

MicroBob
02-03-2005, 06:19 AM
Already been said 2 other times actually.
not only is he upset that party renegged on their agreement to help him beat everyone to the punch AND party can legitimately claim that the sign-ups weren't legitimate AND party probably has stipulations in there that they can adjust the rules as they see fit...but it would also be impossible to sue them anyway since they aren't a U.S. company.

Drunk Bob
02-03-2005, 06:47 AM
Don,t the bonuses have to be cleared 1st?

I have no chance at this promotion so I am not going to get into the cluster F@@K that will result. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MicroBob
02-03-2005, 07:06 AM
Yes they do....but the theory is that you can get each of the 30 sign-ups to play their 125 hands or whatever it is.

bobaloo23
02-03-2005, 10:19 AM
I'm not upset party renegged on their agreement to beat me to the punch, how was I supposed to know who else they told? They might have told 2,000,000 other people for all I know. Funny how you were thinking of teams and other ways to beat it outside the rules. Keep being mad I used the rules to my advantage. Keep wasting your time playing this week, sure it will work out for you./

[ QUOTE ]
Already been said 2 other times actually.
not only is he upset that party renegged on their agreement to help him beat everyone to the punch AND party can legitimately claim that the sign-ups weren't legitimate AND party probably has stipulations in there that they can adjust the rules as they see fit...but it would also be impossible to sue them anyway since they aren't a U.S. company.

[/ QUOTE ]

MicroBob
02-03-2005, 10:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So, i'm pissed now, and call back and ask for promotions, sure enough, they're working 24/7 they tell me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read 'pissed' to mean upset. But I guess you might have been getting upset at the crappy cust-serv and not at the fact that they backed-out on giving you the trip.

[ QUOTE ]
Keep being mad I used the rules to my advantage.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not mad that you did what you did at all. Nor am I really mad if Party really did tell you about it ahead of time (although I probably should be). I wouldn't even be mad if you had come on here and said "I got it because I have an insider at Party who gave it to me for NO work at all...so suck on THAT!!"

If I had thought of the RAF thing first AND if I had 30 poker-playing friends who would serve as willing participants to help me I would do it in a heart-beat.

In fact, I started thinking about a couple friends who I could try to get to set up accts.
This was AFTER I started clearing the hands and read about the RAF aspect in 2+2 which was simply an idea that hadn't occured to me.

I thought about friends I could try to set up party on their computer but getting them to clear the raked-hands would be another issue if they don't know how to play. And I don't think I'm comfortable playing on their account name from my computer or something weird like that.