PDA

View Full Version : quick question

JasonP530
02-02-2005, 02:39 PM
Quick question. My losing has made me question everything I do. 9 handed. All fold to you on the button and you have A3s. BB is loose. Dont know if hes agressive or passive. Your play?

stoxtrader
02-02-2005, 02:43 PM
raise.

elindauer
02-02-2005, 03:27 PM
Raise. You might want to consider playing a little lower for a while to get your confidence back.

Good luck.
Eric

ps... a good way to find out if you're playing badly or hitting a cold deck is to have someone go over your play. These are exactly the kinds of little things that don't get posted and are easy to miss.

astroglide
02-02-2005, 03:33 PM
check out: buying an ad instead of spamming the forums

surfdoc
02-02-2005, 03:37 PM
Check out this Nate post. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/favlinker.php?Cat=&Entry=49188&F_Board=headsup&Thr ead=1162671&partnumber=&postmarker=)

I can't come up with this stuff but all that really matters is being about to learn from it.

KidPokerX
02-02-2005, 04:02 PM
poker lessons from you!? neat!

elindauer
02-05-2005, 05:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear doofus,

This guy has specifically said his game is off and he's having trouble pinpointing why. I offered both a suggestion on his question, and a general suggestion for how to get his game on track. That's two useful points. Please describe how your post has added to this discussion.

Sincerely,
Eric

PS. If you would like to put forth the argument that I'm not good enough to be offering to teach someone how to play, why don't you prove it by responding to some of my posts with some logical arguments why I am wrong, rather than these dumbass cheap shots? Any goofball can fire off insults.

astroglide
02-05-2005, 02:42 PM
use a private message for personal profit. my post adds to the general quality of 2+2 because it is bad when forums for discourse degenerate into spam traps. this forum uses revenue from advertising to stay operational. since you appear to be incapable of listening to reason, i'll simply notify the moderators.

elindauer
02-08-2005, 03:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
edited by Mat Sklansky.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear Mat,

Did you even read the post that started this? The guy states that he is in a big losing streak and questioning everything he does. Do you really think that telling him how to handle A3s on the button is going to fix this for him?

Why did this thread get so few responses? I'll tell you why. Because every decent player that read it thought, "oh man, this guy has no chance. He has to ask this question? It's not worth my time."

Well, I gave him my time. You think I learned something from writing to this guy that he should raise A3s here? No. I gave him my time, and I gave him the truth. If he is asking this question, he needs help. Real, serious help. He is not just a tweak away from winning.

It is my opinion that I could help him. It's true that I would be paid for this service, but in fact, I benefit very little. You see, I can make much more than I am charging by PLAYING poker, rather than teaching other people how to play it. I offer this service because I enjoy teaching, the same reason I post actual arguments and logic in virtually all of my posts, rather than the simple "fold preflop" and "sample size too small" chants you so often hear here.

In other words, my post of a link to my poker lessons was given as honest advice, which you have chosen to delete. You have the power to delete all the opinions on this site you want. You ignore the constant flame wars, and instead focus on me. Well, I took it last time, when you deleted my post but let one exactly like it from another poster run for days. Not this time.

My only recourse is to withhold my advice, to weaken, however slightly, the content in your site. I may read. I may even write, since it often clears my thoughts. But for the forseeable future, I'm not clicking "post" any more.

Sincerely,
Eric Lindauer

TStoneMBD
02-08-2005, 03:30 AM
elin i really hope you reconsider as i highly appreciate your presence in this forum. its true that you take the time to respond to threads in great detail, and im sure that regardless of what you charge for private lessons that it is money well spent. feel free to message me with a link to your site. i think its one thing for moderators to modify advertising from unrespected, or relatively new posters on these forums. but when someone whos maintained great integrity by serving the members of this community with his time opts to post a link to a website that may benefit the minds of the receiver, i dont think moderators should act in such haste to immediately delete it. maybe a little leniency is in order. however, it is often unappreciated to offer your services to any novices who have difficulties in your game. maybe a better approach to spreading your service is to advertise your program without url, asking the novice to message you directly if interested.

scrub
02-08-2005, 03:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear doofus,

This guy has specifically said his game is off and he's having trouble pinpointing why. I offered both a suggestion on his question, and a general suggestion for how to get his game on track. That's two useful points. Please describe how your post has added to this discussion.

Sincerely,
Eric

PS. If you would like to put forth the argument that I'm not good enough to be offering to teach someone how to play, why don't you prove it by responding to some of my posts with some logical arguments why I am wrong, rather than these dumbass cheap shots? Any goofball can fire off insults.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 1----------------------------------------------

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, 4 folds, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, 1 fold, UTG calls, Hero calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: fold preflop

---snip--

my 2 cents.
Eric

[/ QUOTE ]

scrub

JasonP530
02-08-2005, 04:04 AM
Thanks for your reply and your offer. Its not that I havent been raising, but that I have begun to question the marginal things. Hopefully it will turn around some soon. I would like to get back to winning at the usual rate...

astroglide
02-08-2005, 02:23 PM
you realize that this board has private messages, right? get a grip.