PDA

View Full Version : Stats for my 10+1's and a question...

Baked67
02-02-2005, 02:00 PM
Well, I'm sitting here at work today, bored as usual and figured I would post results for my 10+1 tournaments. I'm a part time player, just play for fun on the weekends and whenever I have a little free time. I'm through 99 of the 5+1's as well as 99 of the 10+1's (total coincidence). My 5's went pretty well, I cant remember the exact stats off the top of my head, my ITM and ROI were each right around 45%. What I do remember is that besides my ITM finishes, I finished 4th place the most frequently...I took that as a sign that I was playing too tight when it gets down to 4 or 5 handed so I became much more aggressive at that point and I really think it helped my game for the 10+1's...

1st:20
2nd:16
3rd:12
51 out of money
Total:99...Again this is totally off of memory, but my 4th place finishes are now my lowest total. My ROI was around 56 or 57 percent and I think that is great... but I am busting out alot in 7th and 8th place... 10 and 11 times respectively...any idea's as too what I can do to change that? I think it may be that I get involved too much in the early levels. Or should I just not worry about it so much.

I also just wanted to extend my thanks to everyone who posts on this forum. I seldom post here but I read just about everything that is said in the STT section. It has helped out my game so much I cant even believe it at times. Not only are my results for Sit N Go's doing very well I've gotten a 1st and a 2nd in Multi Table Tournaments in the last few months for cash outs totally over $1100. Anyway...I just wanted to say thanks to you guys and gals who share your poker knowledge with us...It is appreciated...

1C5
02-02-2005, 02:49 PM
Congrats, good job!! Will you be staying the the $11 or moving up again now?

Big Limpin'
02-02-2005, 02:56 PM
Basically, those are some killer stats. When you have results bordering on 50% ITM, you cannot question any of your bustout positions. You have fewer losses than most any others 100 game stat-pack. It's not possible to win every hand, never make a mistake, etc. YOu get dealt alot of silver medal hands that are bound to get you all-in as a loser.

What i mean is, dont give much concern to analyzing your bustout position. You are already doing better than you will average long term (i would think, i'd give 5:1 odds that your ROI will be below 40% after 1000, no disrespect intended).

Keep up the good work though, good luck in the next 100 of them. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Big Limpin'
02-02-2005, 03:03 PM
Also, Baked, you might want to read this. check it (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=singletable&Number=1390335 )
I wrote this as my 3rd post in this forum. It got sweet fuckall for responses, but i attribute that to having "newbie" beside my name then, and not that it couldnt promote discussion.

Baked67
02-02-2005, 03:03 PM
I've been thinking about just taking some stabs at the 20+2's lately. I have the bank roll to at least take a shot at them. I think really its just a matter of building my confidence up to the point that I can play at that level comfortably...

Thanks for the compliments, I appreciate it Limpin' I kind of figured I was over analyzing it a little bit. Thanks for the input, and I'll let you know how the next hundred go for sure...

rachelwxm
02-02-2005, 03:04 PM
Agree, analyze unsustainable results is meaningless.

Your sample size is not enough for analyze rank distribution, barely enough for ROI estimate.

One extra win would boost your ROI by 5%.

Good job though!

Baked67
02-02-2005, 03:43 PM
Hey Big Limpin'- I saw that you play at Poker Room from the other thread(pretty cool post by the way.) I play there too...wouldn't mind playing a game with yah some time. What is your screen name there? What levels do you play at?

Big Limpin'
02-02-2005, 03:49 PM
Its a dope site. Shhhhh. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Im "illa5th"...playing 100-150 a week, $11's, $22's, and $33's, depending on my level of intoxication. /images/graemlins/grin.gif