PDA

View Full Version : 5-10 hand 1: too cautious?

mikech
02-02-2005, 01:37 PM
live game, utg raises to 60, i haven't played with him before but he's pretty solid from what i've seen this night. i call on the button with AKo and ~1500, he has me covered. headsup to the flop, A-Q-J all diamonds, i have the Kd. utg bets 150, i call. turn blank, he bets 300, i call. river blank, he bets 600, i fold. thoughts?

AZK
02-02-2005, 03:39 PM
I'd probably raise the turn hard, I can't decide whether you want to raise on the flop or on the turn here. I feel like a gross raise on the turn probably will have a better chance of getting him to fold a potentially better hand after you flop smooth call, but I also feel that raising the flop might slow him down. Eitherway, calling off a 1/3 of your stack and then folding doesn't seem good.

Edit: The board is equally likely as scary for him unless he has something like AA or QQ, but even then, he probably won't give you much action if you just smooth call the flop and then the turn is either a T or a diamond, so on second thought, your best bet might be to charge this flop.

tbach24
02-02-2005, 06:44 PM
I'm definetly raising the flop here. Make it 500 to go.