PDA

View Full Version : Party 15 - QQ hand - what do you think?

bvaughn
02-02-2005, 11:44 AM
Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (15 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB calls $26 (All-In), Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.73 BB

I'm dabbling in the 15/30 game at Party, and I am having to get used to the aggression. At the time this hand was played, I did not have hardly any stats on the opponent so I had to assume he was a typical Party 15 player.

Here are his stats after 190 hands (in white): <font color="white">VPIP 37.4 PFR 1.05 Av.Agg. .34 - If I would've had these stats during the course of the hand, I would've slowed way down after the flop cap and just called down, saving myself 2 BBs. Against this passive opponent, can you lay down QQ after a flop cap? (right now, I don't think I can) </font>

stoxtrader
02-02-2005, 11:47 AM
I dont think you can lay this down. I think you can not raise the turn.

sublime
02-02-2005, 12:43 PM
i dont raise the turn. you have a sign around your neck that says big hand, yet you are getting "super-soaked" with chips. let him bet, calling is fine.

Chris Daddy Cool
02-02-2005, 12:56 PM
if this guy is an unknown and given that i see he is almost close to being all in, i'll put him out of his misery here. i'd cap the turn. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

DcifrThs
02-02-2005, 02:43 PM
here's my take.

the avg. aggression factor i weight WAAAYYY less when an opponent is all in (the numbers mean less because on average he is not all in during the course of the hand. and when he's almost all in, it is likely he's going to play different staring at many fewer chips). in my experience at party, this could be a flush draw, AJs, set, or AK, with an outside possibility of low/random 2pair...

he is looking to get his money in on this hand...since you're calling the river, put him in on the turn in case he's on a draw...

but i don't raise the turn. i like calling and then calling again on the river.

on this hand since both the king, and club hit...the ONLY hand i think you still beat is AJs.

so you lost this one to maybe 66, JJ, AA/KK, AK, or the AQ/AK flush draw...but all in players' aggression levels when they are NOT all in should not be large determinants of how you play your hand against them when they are almost all in.

-Barron

KidPokerX
02-02-2005, 03:49 PM
That sucks - you were just outdrawn.
Sorry man
Nice hand.

-KidPokerX

DeezNutz3
02-02-2005, 04:45 PM
Assuming your opponent isn't going to be all in just call the turn, although the turn looks like a favorable card.

bvaughn
02-02-2005, 10:26 PM
Well, thanks for the replies. I was comfortable with the flop, but after I raised the turn and got reraised, I definitely didn't like my overpair that much. I was basically autocall on the river no matter what came because my opponent was all-in and I knew he would be no matter what.

I put him on AJ, KJ or a big flush draw AcXc - unfortunately he had 66 and I felt really silly for raising the turn when he showed his hand. If I would have paused to think when he led the turn, I think I could've slowed down enough to call down based on the fact that he had showed that he was definitely not scared of an overpair, which is exactly how I played it.