PDA

View Full Version : comments needed (nl 6-max hand)

lucas9000
02-02-2005, 11:13 AM
i posted this in the hush forum, and someone there said i should probably post it here. here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1653740&page=0&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1) is a link to my post... i'd appreciate any and all comments on the hand.

amoeba
02-02-2005, 11:55 AM
I don't think you can get away from this hand.

Most of the time you have the best hand.

PoBoy321
02-02-2005, 12:00 PM
I'm going broke with this hand 99% of the time unless I have an amazing read on my opponent. I think you played it fine.

BlueBear
02-02-2005, 12:22 PM
This is an auto-raise (or auto-fold) of the opponents check-raise on turn. It is just simply more likely that your opponent has a lesser hand, a drawing hand, a set or two pair. Re-evaluate if opponent goes over the top, it's completely read dependent if you ask me.

SeattleJake
02-02-2005, 02:18 PM
Not too experienced here, so take it for what it's worth - and i did look at the result before posting, so...

I would think that just a call of the $5 on river would be correct, since I don't like the J high so much even though it uses both your cards, and the only calls you're likely to get on your raise are by someone who can beat you.

Betting more earlier on may have given you more information about the strength of your opponents hand, and made the decision more straight forward.

vabogee
02-02-2005, 03:53 PM
hey, man. i would have played it the same way. but what do i know? i'm a calling station from dix hills.

lucas9000
02-02-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hey, man. i would have played it the same way. but what do i know? i'm a calling station from dix hills.

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao...that's awesome. hey, what can i say, i was going by the limited stats i had on gt+...no offense. obviously you got the better of me on that hand (not simply because your hand was better, but because you played the hand better than i think i did), so i can't imagine you're actually mad about it.

vabogee
02-02-2005, 04:24 PM
hehe. no, not mad in the least. just thought it was funny to see this hand posted. i'm sure you'll get a chance to get even with me.

lucas9000
02-02-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hehe. no, not mad in the least. just thought it was funny to see this hand posted. i'm sure you'll get a chance to get even with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm unlikely i think. that you are a 2+2er is only reason to avoid you at the tables /images/graemlins/smile.gif

soah
02-02-2005, 04:52 PM
If I'm going to raise the river, I would have raised more.