PDA

View Full Version : Playing with huge blinds and many players still left

jdl22
02-02-2005, 11:12 AM
If I'm asking something that has been often asked I apologise.

I've recently started playing $55 SNGs. I'm doing ok but have been doing poorly in the tournaments where there are still 7 or 8 players left and the blinds are big - say 75/150 or 100/200. When the average stack is like 6 bb is there anything you can really do, or is it simply a total crapshoot?

One thing I've discovered is that I am playing a little too loosely in level 1 and 2 so I have in some cases probably lost something a little less than 100 from loose calls early, which is important when all stacks are roughly even and that's the size of the sb.

As for late, what normally happens is that I start raising all in with hands like A8s or a small pair on a semisteal and it works for a bit but I often get caught all in with a dominated hand. It seems like the other players rarely push so I'm often one of the first two eliminated after the guys that get knocked out in the first level. It's fairly frustrating to go out so early when you see people putting a quarter of their stack in open limping in LP with fairly weak holdings.

I know it's a vague question, any help would be appreciated.

rachelwxm
02-02-2005, 11:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When the average stack is like 6 bb is there anything you can really do, or is it simply a total crapshoot?

[/ QUOTE ]

my definition of crapshoot is everyone has less than 2bb. 5-10bb is usually my favorate part of game. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

AA suited
02-02-2005, 01:22 PM
just remember:
loose tables- hard to steal since people will call
tight tables- easy to steal since noone will call w/o great cards.

and if you called w/a better hand, then that's poker and move on to the next game.

ChrisV
02-02-2005, 08:28 PM
It's a bit of a crapshoot, but the best advice is don't blind out. Go down in flames trying to make an attacking move instead.

SpeakEasy
02-03-2005, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
where there are still 7 or 8 players left and the blinds are big - say 75/150 or 100/200. When the average stack is like 6 bb is there anything you can really do, or is it simply a total crapshoot?

[/ QUOTE ]

With this many players left, get more lucky.