PDA

View Full Version : AQs 1/2 party

mythrilfox
02-02-2005, 03:00 AM
Lately I've been trying the check/call, bet turn line out of position with decent hands (overpairs/TPTK type hands). What do you guys think about this?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB ($33.7)
Hero ($146.05)
UTG ($210.55)
UTG+1 ($198.45)
UTG+2 ($231.5)
MP1 ($206.35)
MP2 ($156)
MP3 ($100)
CO ($87.9)
Button ($77.8)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif. SB posts a blind of $1. MP3 posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls $2, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB (poster) completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($10) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets $10</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $10, UTG folds, UTG+2 folds.

Turn: ($30) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $20</font>, MP3 calls $20.

River: ($70) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $68</font>, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: $138

Also, I wasn't sure if a straight $68 bet or a push would get him to call on the end. It's purely psychological, but now I wish I had pushed.

fimbulwinter
02-02-2005, 04:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Lately I've been trying the check/call, bet turn line out of position with decent hands (overpairs/TPTK type hands). What do you guys think about this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that in this instance your hand is much much more than just decent and I'd be inclined to checkraise a turn PSB from MP3 all-in. that leaves him with 58 to call and play a $200 pot which he may well be ahead in with Ax, which is enough to fillet the avj partyfish.

fim

Edit: I say the above because I'd play 8/images/graemlins/club.gif9/images/graemlins/club.gif the same way. maybe my reccomendations are tainted because of the table image I'm used to playing under, so take it with a grain of salt.

mythrilfox
02-02-2005, 04:43 AM
Would you have still pushed had the turn not been a club? The whole reason I checked preflop was I didn't want to play a big pot out of position with a TPTK type hand.

fimbulwinter
02-02-2005, 04:52 AM
on the flop your actions are fine, if the turn is not a club, then your hand is "decent" as you've previously remarked and I might check/call or lead depending on the specific card that hits (we don't like T or 3 obviously and somewhat less an 8 or 7).

given the situation that presented itself, I am dying to play a big pot here as I observe the following:

1. My hand likely has the opponent drawing to 3 live outs
2. Even if my opponent has an unlikely very strong hand, I am drawing very live against him
3. The play which will result in my creating the big pot will look very non-strong and (in my estimation, see my comments above) has a very strong chance of getting called by a very wide range of hands (incuding strong draws), most of which I have destroyed.

fim

mythrilfox
02-02-2005, 05:20 AM
Good post. I'm so terrified of losing my stack to a set these days that I never push my good hands. Probably been reading too much of the mid-, high-stakes forum (where I might have something to fear).