PDA

View Full Version : LOL.. Losing EVERY qq/kk/aa hand but winning with garbage

AA suited
02-02-2005, 02:13 AM
Played 20 50+5's today. Must have had QQ/KK/AA about a dozen times, and lost them ALL.

The other 8 games I won with T2s (got my 2), j7o (straight), and other assorted garbage.

variance just keeps on increasing at PArty.

lorinda
02-02-2005, 02:29 AM
I've had about three weeks of that.

Sadly I'm not playing enough garbage right now /images/graemlins/blush.gif

A new one has started occuring in the last three days, called "Big blind always has a monster", that's fun too.

Lorinda: Vent posts remaining: 0

Lori

gvibes
02-02-2005, 12:35 PM
The "BB has a monster" is my least favorite.

SB (me) and BB each have about 6xBB's, folded to me in the SB w/ AQo. I get all excited and push, only to have AK turned over.

Actually, this sort of thing really doesn't bother me anymore, for whatever reason. I think I've kind of accepted it.

For instance, playing live 4/8 the other day. I get A's, check/bet(by me)/call all the way to the river, when I get check-raised. Board is 7JQ 4 2. Villain turns over 22 for the rivered 2-outer. Not a bit of anger or frustration. I must be getting old or something.

rachelwxm
02-02-2005, 12:40 PM
I had the same bad stream last week, how I deal with it? Fold AA and KK level 1. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Scuba Chuck
02-02-2005, 12:45 PM
I'm not sure if this is funny, because it makes me sick. I have been precisely in the same problem for the past 2-3 weeks. TOO MANY SUCKOUTS. I'm sure many of you want to call it variance, but it's costing me more.

I'd say it's costing me sanity and hair. I hope this streak ends before I'm completely bald.

AA suited
02-02-2005, 01:00 PM
and the streak continues. more qq/kk/aa down in flames today.

so far that's about 20 qq/kk/aa i've lost in a row.

yet, my garbage hands have netted me $1000 in 2 days.

don't get me wrong. i'm not complaining. i'm just saying i find this current streak hilarious. (as opposed to frustrated when i had my down 50buy-in streak at 30+3 a month ago.)

Michael C.
02-02-2005, 01:22 PM
I know I'm going to get flamed for this and I know the arguments about more hands being played quicker and selective memory, but is Party Poker honestly completely random? I see once in a lifetime situations happening every other tournament. Twice in the same day I saw four of a kind on the board, with an ace high beating a guy who flopped a full house. I saw AA vs. AA twice in the same day. It seems like half the time someone has AA or QQ, a runner runner flush gets there. Maybe it is selective memory, but I swear I've never seen 1/10 of that stuff in a B and M joint. Like others have said, I'm getting used to it, but is it really random?

wbrumfiel
02-02-2005, 02:15 PM
No, its rigged. Everyone knows it but we keep playing because they offer us reload bonuses /images/graemlins/wink.gif

spekkyboy
02-02-2005, 08:16 PM
I've noticed a lot of hands with multiple high pairs: AA vs KK, KK vs QQ. Also hands with something like AA vs AK vs AQ. It seems to happen more than in live games, and it can wind up costing a lot of chips.
As for it being rigged, a player claimed that his losing streak slows down when he cashes out $50. He says it "resets" a players status.
I tried it. It seemed to stop my hedious losing streak. Co-incedence? I'd like to think so, rather than assume the random generator is not truly random.

tdarko
02-02-2005, 08:25 PM
it is the same as a live game in IMO (though i dont play on party). in online play you see two or three times the hands per hour than a B&M setting so the more hands you see the more you see pp vs. higher pp.
to touch on the topic though earlier today i was in a 30+3 sng and i was the chip leader about midway through when i had AA cracked by 10/8 suited which lost half my stack. then i had KK beaten by KQ which crippled me. now i had 270T with the blinds at 75/150, all the sudden i am having to move in with any high card and suddenly two orbits later i am chip leader. garbage flopping monsters like never before, which makes me forget about AA and KK being cracked. i love how it all evens out /images/graemlins/wink.gif

The Yugoslavian
02-02-2005, 08:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I had the same bad stream last week, how I deal with it? Fold AA and KK level 1. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you're kidding.

As for the OP:
A good way of dealing with it is re-reading past and/or archived posts of great players who have gone belly-up (generally due to insufficient bankroll coupled with variance), realize you still have your bankroll and think of how lucky you are to not have to deal with the psychological weight of playing 1k tournaments on only a several thousand dollar bankroll while running bad, /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Yugoslav

PS Also, from reading this thread, it is obvious that Party is rigged, /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

rachelwxm
02-03-2005, 10:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you're kidding.

As for the OP:
A good way of dealing with it is re-reading past and/or archived posts of great players who have gone belly-up (generally due to insufficient bankroll coupled with variance), realize you still have your bankroll and think of how lucky you are to not have to deal with the psychological weight of playing 1k tournaments on only a several thousand dollar bankroll while running bad, /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Yugoslav

PS Also, from reading this thread, it is obvious that Party is rigged, /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I was. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Just add another bad instance though from last night. I raise 150 blinds 10/15 from bb with KK and push two suit rag flop lost to 73s.