PDA

View Full Version : PROPOKER & PARADISE

06-27-2002, 02:35 PM
Does anyone know if Propoker is owned by Paradise? or does Paradise lease out thier software now to licensee's. Seems wierd to me that these 2 sites and games are exactly the same, so it must be one or the other. Also I was playing at ProPoker and I beleive that most of the players in there are not real! they are robots, I have my suspicions

06-27-2002, 03:13 PM
It is funny but I started getting suspicious of Paradise Poker as I rarely had winning sessions, a lot of bad beats, lost on pocket kings twice in a row in less than 15 minutes and dang if I didn't get em again a few hands down the road, but this time they held up.

I also play at planet poker and have had my share of winning sessions, and I just don't understand how Paradise has so many players as compared to planet. I emailed planet and they say that it is becuase Paradise got the early jump and they do have better software, but is that a hint that they also have an encrypted code that does generate bots who know exactly what all the cards are.

So I emailed Paradise and asked them if Costa Rico had any gaming commission and if they audited the card shuffling why did they not have the integrity of the software audited by an accounting firm. They just vehemently denied any use of bots.

I also wonder how in hades can these players their play so long and they also play at multi tables. Dang game is hard eneough to beat playing one.

Another joke is that they advised me that they had very sophisticated software that would know that someone online was using a bot to tutor the sucker who may attemt to use something like wilson to play for him. It is a well known fact that to date their is no software that comes close to matching good players. I guess the responder may not know that but I found it humorous.

Why would Paradise cheat? They have a goldmine, but they also have an undedectible opportunity to put in bots and maybe occasionaly or randomly start playing with full knowledge of the cards.

I am not making any judgements here about paradise, but I do think online poker requires either a lot of chips or a leap of faith. I still play there but am leaning toward playing at planet exclusively. Seems to me that Cost Rico needs a gaming board, tho I hate gov't regulation or stupid rules, I also despise poker cheats and since we can't shoot em any more what are you gonna do.

Tee

06-27-2002, 03:23 PM
Paradise is regulated by Kanawake Gaming Commision.

06-27-2002, 03:25 PM
I still want to know if these 2 sites are affiliated. Either Paradise owns it or the lease out thier software.

06-27-2002, 03:37 PM
>>Either Paradise owns it or the lease out thier software.

I disagree..

When you get down to the nitty gritty, Pro-Poker

must uses new software as it is riddled

with bugs and missing many good features that

paradise has.

It is obvious that they attempted to design

their site after paradise. Why reinvent the wheel?

See my post from a few days ago on BOTS playing on ProPoker.

06-27-2002, 04:06 PM
This thread brings up two points, the answers to which can be answered by two simple facts:

Paradise Poker is the only poker site to have their shuffling and cards audited by a trusted third party. Click on the Pricewaterhouse button on their webstire to see what I am talking about.

I had a look at Propoker and it really does look like Paradise, everything from the website to the software has an indentical look. But it feels a lot different and does not play as smoothly. There are a lot of little differences, which led me to believe they are different.

But don't take my word for it, I wrote to paradisepoker and asked them, they said flat out that they have absolutely nothing to do with propoker and that their software is totally different. Nobody in the world is using the paradise software except paradise as they do not sell it or lease it or license it out to anyone. There are a lot of poor copies of it though, and propoker is one of those.

I wrote the same question to propoker and never got back an answer. Maybe if someone from propoker is reading this, they could answer the question about why their software is such a totaly copy and adds nothing new? What is the point of that?

06-27-2002, 05:03 PM
There is NO way that these 2 sites are not affiliated!!!! If they were not Paradise Poker would be all over ProPoker legally as there is no difference between the websites or the game, although I do beleive the only difference in the game is that ProPoker is using an older version of Paradise. If you do a whois look up on the DNS domain it is very strange that for both, the contact is under a Hotmail account. These 2 are absolutely affiliated in some way. Yes other poker rooms have copied some things from Paradise, but nobody has so blatanly ripped them off. I just want to know if I play at ProPoker is my money going to Paradise I beleive I have a right to know where I am spending my money, as I do not currently play or like paradise. In the end I guess my solution is to just NOT play at PROPOKER. Unless somone has proven information and facts that dictate otherwise. So can someone provide these facts??????

06-28-2002, 07:11 AM
PriceWaterhouse did not perform an audit. Are you deliberately propagating false information?

Tom D

06-28-2002, 12:58 PM
Software copyrights protect only the actual source code or executable files. In other words, if someone makes an unauthorized copy of a program, or steals the source code and uses it, modified or not, the copyright holder can sue the infringer or file a criminal complaint.

On the other hand, if someone writes software from the ground up that looks and works just like some other software, they have not infringed the copyright. There were several lawsuits in the 80's and 90's where one company sued another because of similar "look and feel". The most notable were Lotus vs. Borland (over Lotus 123 and Quatro Pro spreadsheets) and Microsoft Vs. Apple (Windows and Mac OS). After years of litigation and many appeals, it was established that copyright only covered the actual code.

The most amusing of these suits was Apple Vs. Microsoft, because the GUI as we know it today (Mouse, icons, windows, etc.) was actually invented by the Xerox Palo Alto Research Center (along with the Ethernet network and the laser printer, all of which were ultimately marketed by companies other than Xerox). Apples argument was, in essence "We stole it first".

Anyway, the assumption that Paradise would have any grounds to sue Propoker because their client software happens to look just like Paradise's is incorrect.