PDA

View Full Version : Bet this river? 1/2 NL at Foxwoods

Hotrod0823
02-02-2005, 01:32 AM
Open raise to 10 with KQs in spades from MP1, 1 LP caller and the BB calls.

My stack ~500
LP stack ~150
BB stack ~200

Table was typical, a few solid players a few calling stations, no real maniacs.

Flop: 6c Ts 9c

BB: bets out 15 into a 30.00 pot, I call with my 2 overs, gutshot and back door K high flush. LP calls

Turn: 4d Pot now at 75.00, BB bets 15, I call and LP calls. I still think my outs are good here. Does anyone fold or raise? I didn't think I was geting 6:1 on my call with what I figured to be 10 outs. LP also calls.

River is Ac completing a flush. BB checks, I check, LP checks.

BB has 88, I show my KQs of no consequence and LP shows his KQx.

Now I know LP would've laid down to a bet but not so sure about the 88.

With over 100.00 in the pot what would've been a good river bet? After the hand was over I was thinking maybe 50-75 would've been enough.

Thanks

Hotrod

soah
02-02-2005, 01:41 AM
I'm not thrilled about calling on the flop. Most of your outs are pretty sketchy.

TheWorstPlayer
02-02-2005, 05:02 AM
On the flop you could easily be drawing to 4 outs or runner runner. On the turn, you could be drawing to 4 outs. I don't really like either call. If you are going to be playing it, I think you should just raise the flop to rep an overpair and possibly clean up your overcard outs if called by something like a pair+gutshot or pair+flush draw. And if you're going to bet on the river, I think it has to be at least 2/3 pot, preferably closer to 3/4. If you make it only 1/2 pot or less you run a very high risk of getting looked up.