PDA

View Full Version : GOOD ITM %?

snapfc01
02-02-2005, 01:21 AM
new to sngs .... think i'm doing ok however i have nothing to compare my results with. i would like to see some other players stats... maybe along with a quick description of general playing style, site you play on, and which buy ins you play..

thanks alot

The Yugoslavian
02-02-2005, 01:26 AM
Use the search function. Seriously. Spending a while learning to use it will do you *much* more good than hearing random players spout off a random sample of ITM %s (not to mention that there will be a posting bias towards good ITM %s -- even more so than normal).

Yugoslav

microbet
02-02-2005, 01:47 AM
Problem with that is the search function really really really sucks. Even if you search for posts within a year it is so weighted for date that it returns a lot of recent unrelated posts.

I'm just regurgitating what I've read here but at the $11 games. Probably 35-45% ITM is going from OK to very good. If your ROI is positive you are winning, so that is fine, but a top-rate ROI is probably 40-45%.

As buyins increase ROI decreases to top-rate being about 15% in the $209s.

lorinda
02-02-2005, 02:26 AM
The search function is okay once you work it out.

Search for:

+ITM +good

and some variations on that and although you'll get about 50% spurious results, most of those are clear from the thread titles.

This same method works for most common questions.

Lori

The Yugoslavian
02-02-2005, 03:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Problem with that is the search function really really really sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't matter. Learning to use the search tool effectively (and key words necessary to find the right posts) is hugely +EV. Moreso than any one thing you will ever read on this forum.

Yugoslav

PS Hey Lorinda, why don't we get treated to your Lori avatar more often? I like that one so much better! /images/graemlins/smile.gif Plus, we all already know you're a man-eater at the SNG tables, why not take on the flip-side persona more often here?

microbet
02-02-2005, 03:37 AM
Maybe so, but it is really bad. I ran the search Lorinda suggested and if you limit it to one-table and search for it in the subject and select for the last year you get like 3 threads, none older than a couple months.

No way 'good itm' wasn't in the subject in the 10 months before that.

If you include subject and body, you get a ton of not very relevant hits.

I have done better searching on google and putting in site::twoplustwo.com and including "one-table tournaments" in the search.

I think maybe the archives don't go back very far. When I search for older than 11 months I can't get anything. Main problem, I think, is that it sorts by date not relevance.

Anyway, one thing I think is +EV is to find some interesting posters and check out all their posts.

lorinda
02-02-2005, 03:45 AM
The reason discussion is good, you just discovered the archive server. (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/ubbthreads.php)

Lori

microbet
02-02-2005, 03:10 PM
Muchas Gracias.

SuitedSixes
02-03-2005, 02:15 AM
IMO, the easiest way to search 2+2 (especially the archive) is by using Google.

rachelwxm
02-03-2005, 11:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
IMO, the easiest way to search 2+2 (especially the archive) is by using Google.

[/ QUOTE ]
how?

Scuba Chuck
02-03-2005, 05:13 PM
Bump. I'm interested on how to search 2+2 using google as well.