PDA

View Full Version : Valentine's Day in AC?

JKDStudent
02-02-2005, 12:39 AM
So my mother is going down to AC on the 15th on a friend's comped room at Harrah's. Even though I won't stay the night, I'm going to drive down and play a bit. Figure we can get dinner and such down there. Even though I only live about 45 minutes away, I've only played a poker room once. 1/2 NL at the Taj. I've been playing limit online for awhile with moderate success ($1/$2 on the Cryptos, building bankroll) So, questions:

1) How's the game at Harrah's and what limits do they run?
2) The 15th is a Tuesday. I imagine that most of the Valentine's Day couples will be leaving early on the 15th, but what kind of residual population should be there?
3) How about the Borg? Since that's near Harrah's, I could game there (I really want to check out their poker room). What should I expect on a Tuesday? And do they run $2/$4 or is $3/$6 the lowest?

4) In general, if I go down on the 15th, what should I expect, and where's the best play going to be?

Thanks ahead of time!

JKDStudent
02-03-2005, 06:45 PM
Bump?

Mobed
02-03-2005, 08:10 PM
1. no idea
2. during the day may be a bit slow but 2 tables each at 1-2 nl, 2-4, 3-6 should be running after noon (Borgata)
3. Go to the Borgata, as for limits look at #2
4. During the day on a weekday you will get 50% random people , 50% local regulars (that are avg. players noting great).

I'm no expert but this is what I have found to be true.

chucksim
02-03-2005, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So my mother is going down to AC on the 15th on a friend's comped room at Harrah's. Even though I won't stay the night, I'm going to drive down and play a bit. Figure we can get dinner and such down there. Even though I only live about 45 minutes away, I've only played a poker room once. 1/2 NL at the Taj. I've been playing limit online for awhile with moderate success ($1/$2 on the Cryptos, building bankroll) So, questions:

1) How's the game at Harrah's and what limits do they run?
2) The 15th is a Tuesday. I imagine that most of the Valentine's Day couples will be leaving early on the 15th, but what kind of residual population should be there?
3) How about the Borg? Since that's near Harrah's, I could game there (I really want to check out their poker room). What should I expect on a Tuesday? And do they run $2/$4 or is $3/$6 the lowest?

4) In general, if I go down on the 15th, what should I expect, and where's the best play going to be?

Thanks ahead of time!

[/ QUOTE ]

1:) Blah. Room won't fire up until Noon or so. Not much action. Usually 2/4 and 3/6. When busy, they've spread 5/10 and 1/2 NL. Usually some regulars playing 1-5 stud.

2:) Probably usually weekday crowd.

3:) 2/4 and 3/6, then 6/12. Probably not a long wait on Tues during the day into the early evening.

4:) Borg's always good. Taj and Trop are acceptable as well. If games are going at Harrah's, you should find them uber-easy. Weak-tights and loose-passives abound. No selection there, though.

Little Lew
02-04-2005, 11:06 AM
Have played a fair amount in AC, mostly at Trop. Borgata is pretty but very, very busy and flooded with players on any holiday. Taj is OK but Trop is best managed. Off holiday or weekends the 2/4 tables are mostly locals and sort of boring. 4/8 are people in from out of town and want to have fun - and who think that poker is luck. Played 4/8 last night and table was unbelievably loose with people spewing chips all over the place. The VPIP for the table was probably 60%. There were 3 certified maniacs at the table.

As bad as I am, I was clearly the best at the table. I came away with $260 profit in 3.5 hours of play (down from a max of about 300). (10BB/hr)

My personal rules for B&M play are:
Be very nice to everyone (let the dealer handle a-holes)
Listen to the table talk and watch the players - many of them might as well be playing with cards face-up.
Don't get caught up in their looseness.
When rocks bet, think about it. When they raise, respect it.
Don't depend on subtlety to win - rarely does anyone fold on the river. Have the best cards.
Use the occasional c/r as a tap on the glass
TAG
TAG
TAG

Raising makes them happy
Play tight, hurt them with position and you will have your way with them.

Good luck /images/graemlins/smile.gif