PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: David Gzesh, Truepoker CEO

06-27-2002, 06:45 AM
Hi David,

I've been trying to reach support for the past 4 days, and have gotten NO response! I even talked to a host. I sent several emails to support@truepoker.com and management@truepoker.com as "tony@..." regarding several potential bugs in TruePoker hand histories. Hopefully there are not any bugs in archived hands, as then how would TruePoker check past hands for collusion? Could you please look into this? Maybe your support personel needs to start responding to emails? Thanks.

- Tony

06-27-2002, 08:19 AM
Here's an example of one type of error found. A total if $29 was won in pots, but only $20 was bet by players! Try as I might, I can't make sense of this hand. Player names have been changed, and things have been "x"'ed out to protect the innocent.

- Tony

Game Started on Wed Jun 26, 2002 @ xx:xx

Casablanca - Holdem - 1/2 - Real Money - Hand #1307xxxx

** Game #1307xxxx begins **

Frank has the dealer button

Ted posts the small blind 1

Tom posts the big blind 1

Julia posts 2

Dealer deals you [4c, 7c]

Karen calls 1

Gary folds

Paul calls 1

Brad folds

Frank calls 1

Ted checks

Tom checks

Dealing Flop [2c, 5c, 3h]

Robert leaves the table

Ted bets 1

Tom calls 1

Karen calls 1

Paul calls 1

Frank calls 1

Dealing Turn [6d]

Ted bets 2

Tom folds

Karen folds

Paul folds

Frank calls 2

Dealing River [2h]

Ted bets 2

Frank calls 2

Ted shows a full house Twos full of Threes

Ted's pocket cards were [3c, 2d]

Frank mucks

Julia shows two pairs Threes and Twos

Julia's pocket cards were [Tc, 3d]

Ted wins $18 real money from side pot 1!

Ted's winning hand was [3h 3c 2h 2d 2c]

Ted wins $11 real money from main pot!

Ted's winning hand was [3h 3c 2h 2d 2c]

Community Cards: [2c] [5c] [3h] [6d] [2h]

Game Lasted: 00:52

** The game ends **

06-27-2002, 07:37 PM
Dear Tony,

I apologize for not getting back to your emails from yesterday and last night, but I am traveling out of Antigua and needed to check with the developers first.

Your emails pointed to two separate reporting errors:

1. You yesterday sent in a hand from April 13th. When I had the same hand number pulled from the server, it tracked you reported historyu for the first five player actions. The rest of the hand reported out normally on the server version. Your emailed version however seemed to cut off that hand number and pick up an entirely different hand part way through the action.

If you would like, I can email you the actual hand history for the hand you cited from April 13th and May 31st.

Your second email refers to a hand from May 31st. Again, the hand pulled directly from the server tracks the same history you emailed, but then goes on to finish the hand with no apparent error. It was a heads-up game which finished routinely at the river. In contrast, the hand you sent in has a third party appearing and the original two players have disappeared.

Again, the correct parties were in the hand and paid appropriately.

3. Your post refers to a hand from yesterday, but changes the names and deletes the hand number. Your post was edited but appears to show be errors in the reporting of that hand history.

In the instance you cited in this post, the hand history you present skips reporting the betting and creation of the side pot, leaving an appearance that the sidepot was created out of nowhere. No player is ever reported as going all-in and yet a sidepot was created and additional bets placed in the actual hand. Julia nevertheless appears at the river without having visibly either called additional bets or gone all-in

This matter will be referred to our software developers to review and fix. We could look for the actual hand but ask you to email in the number to speed the process up.

Occasional reporting errors were not seen as a reason to suspend hand histories. Rather than take down hand histories entirely while occasional reporting problem is addressed, we decided to leave access open since the overwhelming percentage of reports are accurate.

As you can see, it appears in the report errors you highlight that the action was somehow truncated and Truepoker then overpaid a player as the hand winner. What happened is really that the reports you sent in likely dropped some lines and did not show how either hand actually played out.

THE INTERIM SOLUTION FOR PLAYERS IF THE HISTORY YOU PULL SEEMS INACCURATE:

Players at Truepoker can pull hands from the "customer side" by requesting them on-site. It is THAT reporting process which appears to sometimes have some inaccuracies. Hand histories pulled from the "Support side" for the same hands are complete and do not cut-off or combine hands together.

IF ANY PLAYERS GET a Truepoker hand history themselves which seems to skip to another hand, please send the hand number to Support. They will pull a hand history for you and email it directly. In each instance Tony emailed in a hand nunmber, the hand history pulled directly was complete and accurately portrayed the events of that hand.

This occasional problem with some "player-generated" hand histories will be addressed as a high prioity to fix as reported by players.

Tony, I understand you are seeking to create a hand history reading application which you could use for reading hands pulled from the Truepoker customer side, you may then seek to develop this application as a commerical product. If you need any further information, please write me directly at management@truepoker.com.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

David Gzesh, CEO