PDA

View Full Version : 2+2 Is Making Me Cynical

theBruiser500
02-01-2005, 11:26 PM
"Start making money - this will open up a whole world of women you have until now not been able to venture into."

Everyone talks like this on these boards. Everyone always trying to analyze it deeper, no one here can see a relationship between a man and a woman as just two people who like each other. I'm completely for being logical but somethings, I don't think analyzing is HELPFUL like this. I like to see relationships between people in my own simplistic way. Thank you very much everyone, but please stop making me so cynical!

BottlesOf
02-01-2005, 11:28 PM
What?

BusterStacks
02-01-2005, 11:33 PM
It is the biological instinct of women to seek out a mate that will produce the most favorable conditions for herself and her offspring. In modern society, this is money and power. Love comes after the initial attraction.

theBruiser500
02-01-2005, 11:35 PM
I've read many books on evolution, sexual selection stuff like that. One of my favorite subjects, fascinating stuff and that's jaded how I look at things too and I don't like it.

mmbt0ne
02-01-2005, 11:37 PM
http://fermi.uchicago.edu/Calvin_n_Hobbes.gif

Clarkmeister
02-01-2005, 11:38 PM
How old are you?

ThaSaltCracka
02-01-2005, 11:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How old are you?

[/ QUOTE ]hmmmmm.... I think 23 and a half.

theBruiser500
02-01-2005, 11:41 PM
19, why?

billyjex
02-01-2005, 11:42 PM
Nah.. chicks are looking for love.

For richer or poorer (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=1634921&pa ge=5&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

ThaSaltCracka
02-01-2005, 11:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
19, why?

[/ QUOTE ]wtf, I really thought you were older. You need to get out more man, especially for how young you are.

Clarkmeister
02-01-2005, 11:44 PM
Just wondering. I've noticed a bunch of your posts where you seem very young and just wondered if I was right. No biggie, carry on.

theBruiser500
02-01-2005, 11:45 PM
okay, that sounds a little condescending of you btw

ThaSaltCracka
02-01-2005, 11:46 PM
I don't think he was trying to be.

Clarkmeister
Just an observation. I'm sure many of my posts peg me as the old fogey that I am.

BusterStacks
Actually I was just asking on IRC if you were 12.

theBruiser500
02-01-2005, 11:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just an observation. I'm sure many of my posts peg me as the old fogey that I am.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya true dat

rickthekeg
02-02-2005, 12:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
19, why?

[/ QUOTE ]

In response to your original question, just getting chicks drunk should work for the next 3-4 years.

JoeC
02-02-2005, 01:03 AM
My theory is that, until I turn about 22, chicks will assume any nice clothes I wear, cars I drive, etc. came from my parents... discuss this theory.

Lawrence Ng
02-02-2005, 08:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but please stop making me so cynical!

[/ QUOTE ]

Bruiser, I wish what you stated was as simple as it gets, but relationships are much more complicated. Having said this I hope you do find that relationship you believe in.

Truth of the matter is, few exist and that's why divorce rates are so high and why people cheat/commit adultery on a such a high level.

Lawrence

MasterShakes
02-02-2005, 09:09 AM
I think whether women want money depends on the age at which you find them. At 19 (or however young you date at 19), I would think it's pretty rare to find a girl who is out for money at that point, since marriage is probably a pretty distant thought. I really don't think that money matters until you start to date girls in their mid to late 20's.

daveymck
02-02-2005, 09:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"Start making money - this will open up a whole world of women you have until now not been able to venture into."

Everyone talks like this on these boards. Everyone always trying to analyze it deeper, no one here can see a relationship between a man and a woman as just two people who like each other. I'm completely for being logical but somethings, I don't think analyzing is HELPFUL like this. I like to see relationships between people in my own simplistic way. Thank you very much everyone, but please stop making me so cynical!

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a lot of woman who are driven by money and material things, do you think for example Catherine Zeta Jones would have married Michael Douglas if he wasnt famous had loads of money and could boost her career of course not.

There are many other examples of younger woman who have married rich older guys.

But there are also many examples of people being in a relationship just cos they like each other so I wouldnt become too cynical about it, I mean look at the divirce rates there are lots of people who like being together who later decekde they dont I would have thought thta would make you more cynical than finding out some woman like money.

scrub
02-02-2005, 01:15 PM
You, sir, are the man.

scrub

A_C_Slater
02-02-2005, 01:35 PM
Here's how it works....

First you get the money... then you get the power.... then you get the women. ---Scarface

Detroit what.

sfer
02-02-2005, 02:08 PM
Bruiser, you have to realize that loud and repetitive doesn't necessarily correlate well with being right. Innovations happen on a regular basis. That alone should tell you that many things that are accepted as true are actually not.

Ulysses
02-02-2005, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not having a lot of money hasn't been the reason you haven't been getting chicks.

sublime
02-02-2005, 02:17 PM
Not having a lot of money hasn't been the reason you haven't been getting chicks.

maybe hanging out in hottubs with guys has something to do with it.

A_C_Slater
02-02-2005, 02:21 PM
...Or getting gay with daryn?

Reef
02-02-2005, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It is the biological instinct of women to seek out a mate that will produce the most favorable conditions for herself and her offspring. In modern society, this is money and power. Love comes after the initial attraction.

[/ QUOTE ]

Buster, read "Nice guys and players" - it will deeply broaden your understanding.. as it did mine. Ultimately, the author states: "women are vain, insecure (physically, financially, emotionally) , seek excitement, and have a need to nurture." And they will seek the appropriate men for their specific need.

bobman0330
02-02-2005, 02:48 PM
It never ceases to astound me that people seek advice about love from a group of people whose sole defining characteristic is not wisdom, sensitivity, or romantic experience, but instead an intense interest in the game of poker, which characteristic might even be described as inimical to those 3 traits.

Given that, it should not be surprising that the advice produced centers around, of all things, money.

Of course, money is important to a long-term/permanent relationship (would you enter a career without taking into account financial considerations?), but it is by no means the only or the most important factor.

I find it ironic that you've chosen to seek romantic advice from perhaps the one group less qualified to dispense it than your fellow 19-year-old males.

johnnybeef
02-02-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
19, why?

[/ QUOTE ]

In response to your original question, just getting chicks drunk should work for the next 3-4 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

truer words have never been said

peachy
02-02-2005, 02:53 PM
Im a girl...and money is a BIG issue...so u better find some way to make it...cause even though i have enough money to last me a few lifetimes on my own...i wont marry a guy that doesnt have a poo load of his own...so i guess u better "keep playin poker" Cause ur only HOPE is money if ur not SUPER fine! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif and since im a super materalistic girl...he has to be FINE and RICH

ChicagoTroy
02-02-2005, 05:08 PM
Men don't do this, homey.
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1276782&page=&view=&s b=5&o=

fimbulwinter
02-02-2005, 06:46 PM
2+2ers in general never cease to amaze me in their ability to cop out.

fim

wuwei
02-02-2005, 06:49 PM
Man, I don't know what the f<font color="red"></font>uck you just said, little kid, but you special, man. You reached out, and touched a brothers' heart

Zygote
02-02-2005, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
2+2 Is Making Me Cynical

[/ QUOTE ]
I was cynical before, but 2+2 didn't help.

bholdr
02-02-2005, 07:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what a cynical thing to say /images/graemlins/grin.gif

very accurate, though.

radek2166
02-02-2005, 08:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
2+2 Is Making Me Cynical

[/ QUOTE ]

Try working in a hospital