PDA

View Full Version : Hunt for Red October

Men the Master
02-01-2005, 10:37 PM
In the scene where the title character (played by Alec Baldwin) presents his case to the Secretary of Defense with many generals in the same room. Was one of the generals George C. Scott in a cameo?

offTopic
02-01-2005, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In the scene where the title character (played by Alec Baldwin) presents his case to the Secretary of Defense with many generals in the same room. Was one of the generals George C. Scott in a cameo?

[/ QUOTE ]

The title character is a submarine.

Dominic
02-01-2005, 11:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

there has never been a bigger, or funnier, burn than the above sentence.
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

and no, George C. Scott was not in the movie.

youtalkfunny
02-01-2005, 11:31 PM
This film is on the list of movies I will stop and watch every time I'm flipping channels and come across it.

Senator Fred was awesome. "This business will get out of control. It will get out of control, and we'll all be lucky to live through it."

Baldwin is so much better in the role than Harrison Ford or (gasp!) Ben Affleck--and I'm one of the few people in the world who LIKES Affleck!

And the writing just blows away the writing in the other Jack Ryan films.

Men the Master
02-02-2005, 03:09 AM
In the scene where Ryan stands up to the 4 Star General who was patronizing him, there is another general seated to the right of the Secretary of State who looked and sounded like George C. Scott in Dr. Strangeglove. In fact, it was like he was actually re-enacting the Strangeglove role. Did you notice?

Freakin
02-02-2005, 03:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You sir, have a talent.

Freakin