PDA

View Full Version : Best books to read in optimal order?

laja
02-01-2005, 10:16 PM
I would have to say...

SSHE
HFAP

what do you guys think? You can add more books if you like

emonrad87
02-01-2005, 10:19 PM
HFAP = Hold'em for advanced players??

If so, I don't think it and SSHE really go together. They discuss pretty much opposite game types.

lostinthought
02-01-2005, 10:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would have to say...

SSHE
HFAP

what do you guys think? You can add more books if you like

[/ QUOTE ]

WLLH is good before SSHE.
Also, you are assuming a familiarity with poker already.

mcozzy1
02-01-2005, 10:46 PM
"Play Poker like the Pros" by Phil Hellmuth is the only book anyone ever needs to read on poker. He teaches all the secrets of the pros in one book. Don't even mess around with the others. Bravo Phil.

MikeyObviously
02-01-2005, 11:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"Play Poker like the Pros" by Phil Hellmuth is the only book anyone ever needs to read on poker. He teaches all the secrets of the pros in one book. Don't even mess around with the others. Bravo Phil.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's real funny.

I'd put Theory of Poker ahead of Small Stakes Hold'em. I wish that was the order I read them.

MisterNatural
02-02-2005, 04:54 AM
Here's a good thread on this topic. Clarkmeister seems to have nailed it.

Book Progression (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=books&Number=929929&Forum= f19&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=928263&Searc h=true&where=bodysub&Name=12&daterange=1&newerval= 1&newertype=y&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post9 29929)

TomBrooks
02-02-2005, 05:31 AM
I will suggest:

LLHE
SSH

LLHE is geared towards teaching rank beginners, neither of the other two are.

SSH provides continuing education and improvement on LLHE concepts.

TOP is more general and theoretical and will not get you started playing like the other two will, although I can see how reading TOP before SSH couldn't hurt.

If you already know how to play pretty good, you might not need LLHE.

Those are the only three I own though besides SS and Caro's Tells and Poker For Dummies.

-TomBk