PDA

View Full Version : Empire Poker-scary things happening

Petomane
02-01-2005, 10:16 PM
I've been with Empire for almost 2 years. In fact I'm a Royal Flush club member and recently got an e-mail notifying me they're going to deliver a TV - over 25,000 points.

All of a sudden I get a message today when logging in that they couldn't deliver an e-mail last AUGUST 17th (5 months ago!)& I need to verify my e-mail. I've been getting hand histories every day since then & various other messages. Problem is, when I try to re-validate my e-mail, nothing happens - no validation code in my inbox.

Now I can't get hand histories or can't even cash out. Of course, I've e-mailed them many times today to no avail.

Has this happened to anyone else? And what should I do?

emonrad87
02-01-2005, 10:17 PM
Call them.

BusterStacks
02-01-2005, 10:18 PM
the email validation code is: 1111

Petomane
02-01-2005, 10:46 PM
They don't have a phone number - I called Party, but they couldn't help me.

Bellagibro
02-02-2005, 01:09 AM
Try sending an e-mail to Empire support from a hotmail account explaning the situation.

Benholio
02-02-2005, 01:17 AM
I had the exact thing happen. I sent them this email:

[ QUOTE ]
I got a popup stating that there was trouble with an email dated in August of 2004. I have received emails regularly from Empirepoker.com up until a couple days ago, and now I cannot receive any. I am not getting hand histories, tournament summaries, validation requests etc. I made sure that nothing is being filtered at my client or ISP level. Any idea why this would happen? I'd really rather not change to another email address.

[/ QUOTE ]

Their reply:

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Ben,

Thank you for contacting us.

We request you to change your email address so that you can get all the promotional mails to your account.

[/ QUOTE ]

Changed my email address and it now works. I had to do this at ALL party skins when this happened. /sigh

chesspain
02-02-2005, 01:25 AM
I haven't been able to receive any downloaded hand histories by e-mail for the past few days (I like to use e-mailed hands rather than harddrive-stored hands when pasting into the converter). However, I was able to cashout successfully today, during which time I received the standard, instantaneous e-mails informing me that my cashout request was being processed.

Is anyone else having trouble with just e-mailed hand histories?

StellarWind
02-02-2005, 01:27 AM
There have been at least two other threads about this in recent days. Search around and you can find more details.

A basic feature of the problem is that all of the Party skins suddenly become unable to send email to your account. Empire support cannot answer you. You need to reverify your email account but you cannot because the code does not come through.

Changing mailboxes is a quick fix.

Do you use Comcast as your mail service provider?

After complaining to Comcast and Party support, mail service was restored for no obvious reason and I reverified my account. I think someone quietly solved the problem while pretending no knowledge.

Jaquen H'gar
02-02-2005, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is anyone else having trouble with just e-mailed hand histories?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. Received email hand histories from Empire today with no problem

StellarWind
02-02-2005, 01:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like to use e-mailed hands rather than harddrive-stored hands when pasting into the converter

[/ QUOTE ]
FYI, you know you can copy hand histories out of Poker Tracker and paste then into the converter? Just open up the hand history and copy the entire window. This is a real time saver if you analyze using PT.

chesspain
02-02-2005, 01:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like to use e-mailed hands rather than harddrive-stored hands when pasting into the converter

[/ QUOTE ]
FYI, you know you can copy hand histories out of Poker Tracker and paste then into the converter? Just open up the hand history and copy the entire window. This is a real time saver if you analyze using PT.

[/ QUOTE ]

For some reason, I can't copy and scroll the text below the bottom of the "page," meaning I had to copy and move a hand in chunks. Consequently, it was just easier to request an e-mailed copy. However, just a few hours ago, while playing around with the Playback, I realized that if I check the box within Playback for "Hand history text," I am able to scroll/copy the text from this box in one piece...strange.

DangerGoodson
02-02-2005, 01:50 AM
Try to fool with your junk mail settings on your comp. All my stuff from empire/party was being blocked by my junk mail filter.

MicroBob
02-02-2005, 03:39 AM
similar situation here.
Last week I stopped receiving e-mails party and empire at my peoplepc address. I kept trying to validate it and got nothing over and over.
Had no problem receiving e-mails at my other address though.

I had a similar situation with my AOL address about a year ago. Without warning they just blocked all poker-emails...couldn't even get it in my spam-box...it was blocked before it even got that far. Took party and empire about 2-3 mths before the e-mails started going through again but I was fed up with AOL by then.

Now I'm likely to get fed up with peoplepc since it looks like their blocking e-mails that I didn't want blocked.
I sent them an e-mail on Friday asking why I wasn't receiving these e-mails (but could at my other address).
It's Wednesday now (officially) and I still have yet to hear back from them so I guess they'll be hearing from me again.

Anyway...as has been suggested...try a different e-mail address.

IsaacW
02-02-2005, 11:58 AM
If you have the old validation e-mail with the old code, just type that one in... it worked for me the other day.

beernutz
02-02-2005, 12:07 PM
Are you POSITIVE it came from Empire? Is there any chance somebody was phishing you? I get these fake validation requests from "banks", Paypal, and Ebay every day now and there is no reason to think somebody isn't going to try it using a pokerroom eventually. You might want to consider logging in at the real Empire site, not a click through sent to you via email, and changing your password.

MicroBob
02-02-2005, 12:13 PM
The message comes as a pop-up when you log-on.

You can't get any e-mails from them because of something screwy with your e-mail.

witeknite
02-02-2005, 12:27 PM
Also you can always press Ctrl-A to select all text in a window. This should get you around needing to scroll at all.

WiteKnite

chezlaw
02-02-2005, 12:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They don't have a phone number - I called Party, but they couldn't help me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try this: 1-888-206-4659

I've never tried it but it popped up one day when Empire were unable to process logins.

chez

CORed
02-02-2005, 01:26 PM
Does your email provider have a spam filter? They might be blocking your emails from Empire. If so, there should be a way to change your spam filter settings to allow emails from empire, and the emails may be in a "spam" box. You will probably have to use your email providers web mail interface to check on this.

QuickLearner
02-02-2005, 06:32 PM
I had this happen with Party once (August 17, 2004 for me too!). Tried to re-verify my e-mail (which was in perfect order, btw), never got the validation e-mail from them, and started having trouble getting emails. I ended up calling them and having a supervisor reset my e-mail for me.

It happened again the other day. I called them and explained that I had already gone through this once and the CSR told me to ignore it. He asked whether another person ever plays poker on my computer and I said yes, my girlfriend. He told me that that was probably what triggered the pop-up. He didn't seem overly concerned by it. So, I'm going to ignore it and see if it just goes away by itself. I'm certainly not going to re-validate my e-mail, though.

shant
02-02-2005, 07:19 PM
Is there a way to check how many EP points we've got? I assume I'm not a VIP yet, but I'd like to know if I'm close.

beernutz
02-02-2005, 11:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The message comes as a pop-up when you log-on.

You can't get any e-mails from them because of something screwy with your e-mail.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, obviously reading comprehension is not my strong suit. In my best Rosanne Rosannadanna, "Nevermind."

StellarWind
02-03-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you have the old validation e-mail with the old code, just type that one in... it worked for me the other day.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you are getting email from them you can use the new validation code. If you can't get email then revalidating your nonworking address has very limited value.

Petomane
02-03-2005, 10:26 PM
Thanks for your input & the validation code- it worked. But then again today-same thing. I have to tell you that I'be been receiving hand histories & promos from them ALL the time since Aug.
I called Party(where I have an account too-been at both for almost 2 years) & Party told me I can't have the same e-mail address as at Empire- that might be it.
But I must have e-mailed Empire 20 times TO NO RESPONSE. That's scary. I don't think their e-point program is worth this aggravation. It seems to me as if Party is distancing themselves from Empire.
To add insult to injury, they e-mailed me a week ago that I've won a TV & to confirm my address. Today, same thing. Something is seriously screwy.

MicroBob
02-04-2005, 02:01 AM
You are getting REALLY bad information and making really incorrect assumptions.

[ QUOTE ]
I have to tell you that I'be been receiving hand histories & promos from them ALL the time since Aug.

[/ QUOTE ]

So have I. Then sometime last week they stopped ....some e-mail services are blocking them before they get to you.

I went through a similar situation last year.
Party didn't know that their e-mail were being blocked...they were clueless. The service was just blocking them and they didn't change this policy for 2-3 months.

When the same e-mail provider blocked Stars and Paradise both companies figured out what was happening RIGHT AWAY and worked with the e-mail people to get it fixed.
In the meanwhile, they included pop-up messages upon log-on that some customers are not receiving e-mail.
If I sent them an e-mail they would reply to me via a pop-up because they understood I wasn't receiving the e-mail.
They were extremely professional and pretty darned smart about the situation.
Whereas party is so disorganized they don't even know there IS a situation.

[ QUOTE ]
I called Party(where I have an account too-been at both for almost 2 years) & Party told me I can't have the same e-mail address as at Empire- that might be it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has nothing to do with it.

[ QUOTE ]

But I must have e-mailed Empire 20 times TO NO RESPONSE.

[/ QUOTE ]

They ARE responding to you but it is getting blocked before it makes it to your in-box. It will not be in your spam-folder (although you can check to make sure).
Get a new e-mail address and get that one validated and then contact empire.

[ QUOTE ]
they e-mailed me a week ago that I've won a TV & to confirm my address.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes...the e-mail started getting blocked sometime AFTER they contacted you about getting the TV.
It started happening about a week ago (or 8-9 days or whatever).

Get a new e-mail address and get in touch with them.

And tear apart your current e-mail provider and ask them why they are blocking e-mail that you WANT and NEED to be receiving.

Actually...don't do that as it will probably be wasted energy....I nearly popped a vessel last year trying to explain to some cust-serv rep "YES!!!! You really ARE blocking these e-mails!" The information that the party and empire e-mails were suddenly being blocked was not relayed to most cust-serv reps. 4th rep I got admitted that they were being blocked for my 'own protection from spam' or something like that.'

Anyway, just get a new e-mail address and forget about the one that isn't receiving the messages.
It might be receiving them again in a week or two...or a month or two. You can occasionally try validating that address and see if the situation has been fixed.

David Zed
02-07-2005, 12:50 PM
Don't be that worried, you will get your TV, I get e-mails from Empire, seems all is fine.

pokerrookie
02-07-2005, 01:06 PM
Usually email services won't block emails from people/groups that are in your address book. One solution might be to simply put the Empire support address there. Then your service will know that you need those emails. Just a suggestion, in case it hasn't been tried yet.

I use Yahoo and have never had problems, though I don't play at Empire or Party.