DoomSlice
02-01-2005, 10:07 PM
PP NL 25
Hero ($50) is Button with AK /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Villain ($65) is BB
Table folds to Hero who makes it $3 to go
SB folds
BB calls $2.50
Flop ($6.25) A /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
BB checks
Hero bets $4.50
BB calls

Turn ($15) 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
BB checks
Hero bets $10
BB calls

Turn ($35) 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif
BB bets $40
Hero folds

Think I was too weak on this one?

tbach24
02-01-2005, 10:08 PM
Pot the flop. Pot the turn.

DoomSlice
02-01-2005, 10:11 PM
Is 2/3 pot so much worse than full pot? I wanted him to stay in after all and hopefully draw to a weaker 2 pair.

tbach24
02-01-2005, 10:13 PM
I guess since you were able to lay it down on the end that 2/3 pot is okay.

DoomSlice
02-01-2005, 10:39 PM
Now for the strange part... Hero in this one was actually Villain! (I was BB.) Now critique my play (river bet was a complete bluff).

tbach24
02-01-2005, 10:43 PM
Perfect. I was certain villain was on clubs. What was your plan if the club missed?

soah
02-01-2005, 10:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now for the strange part... Hero in this one was actually Villain! (I was BB.) Now critique my play (river bet was a complete bluff).

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you hate money or something?

Kaz The Original
02-01-2005, 10:48 PM
This is party poker 25 right? And you're bluffing?

soah
02-01-2005, 10:54 PM
Even better than that, he's paying money to chase a -EV draw which he doesn't even hold.

soko
02-01-2005, 10:55 PM
Wait, if hero is really your opponent and hero folds in the end how did you know he had AK?

DoomSlice
02-01-2005, 10:58 PM
Do I hate it? No. Am I afraid to lose it, no. Villain (real Villain) was weak weak weak and consistently gave up hands when shown aggression. I was waiting for any scare card (Q, T, club) to make my move, and I was about 75% sure he would lay it down.

Making a call here (from the Villain's perspective) would be almost like throwing money away, because what else would I have here?

DoomSlice
02-01-2005, 10:59 PM
I don't. Just gave him that so he'd have a possible second-best hand. For all I know he was bluffing all the way too.

TheWorstPlayer
02-01-2005, 11:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't. Just gave him that so he'd have a possible second-best hand. For all I know he was bluffing all the way too.

[/ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one who thinks that this whole thread is retarded? (No offense meant to retarded people.)

Kaz The Original
02-02-2005, 12:00 AM
I can't stop laughing. I am sitting in my chair here convulsing. Should I ask what is the point of this? Better to just wince.

DoomSlice
02-02-2005, 12:19 AM
I'll be honest folks, I really was Hero in the original one... just wanted to see what people thought of both sides of the story, since he ended up showing JQ for no pair.

My work here is done...

TheWorstPlayer
02-02-2005, 12:19 AM
The point was to be funny. /images/graemlins/smile.gif And to make it clear to OP that really there is nothing for anyone to be gained from making fictitious hands like this for people to comment on. First of all, there are no reads or stats on "Villain" which makes calling a bluff very difficult. Second of all, there was no mention of the fact that "Hero" may be seen as weak, which also makes a bluff more likely. Third of all, if the question was actually whether or not the bluff was a good idea, it would really be more beneficial I think the just ask if this is a good spot to bluff to a weak player and, if so, how best to go about doing it.

If this "Hero" is so weak as to fold any holding when any draw hits, then sure, just call all bets on a draw-laden board. It is quite likely that SOME draw will hit by the river. If is doesn't, just push on the river anyways, he probably doesn't have a hand that is better than a set and will wimp out with his measly two pair on the river.

Kaz The Original
02-02-2005, 12:21 AM
(I ment to point to the thread as a whole, not your reply in specific. I'll be more cafeful with my subgroupings in the future to prevent this sort of misunderstanding :P)

TheWorstPlayer
02-02-2005, 12:33 AM
Hey, at least it gave me another good shot at OP. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif And now that he has made his last post, I think he should definitely rename this thread to "Strange Thread...".

Kaz The Original
02-02-2005, 12:35 AM
This is like the freaking twilight zone.

I'm pretty sure his next post is going to say hero is Greg Raymer, Villian is Skalansky, and they were actually playing Bridge. Instead of bluffing the river he made a safety play.

soah
02-02-2005, 12:36 AM
btw, I was actually the BB in this hand

TheWorstPlayer
02-02-2005, 12:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
So was I.

If you are being serious, did OP know that?

DoomSlice
02-02-2005, 12:40 AM
Sorry guys, forgot to mention that this was a hypothetical hand too, it never really happened.

Kaz The Original
02-02-2005, 12:43 AM
In fact, this is a hypothetical thread. It never happened.

Follow the white rabbit.

soah
02-02-2005, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
So was I.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mentioned that I was David Sklansky, but he may not have made the connection between my multiple forum personalities.

TheWorstPlayer
02-02-2005, 12:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
So was I.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mentioned that I was David Sklansky, but he may not have made the connection between my multiple forum personalities.

[/ QUOTE ]
If he had mentioned that, I would have suggested calling the bluff.

edge
02-02-2005, 01:05 AM
Hey guys, just kidding. I was actually playing Razz. How do you like my line now?

Lawrence Ng
02-02-2005, 07:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

First off you don't even know if the other guy had AK, you made that up so the credential of this post goes down the tube. As for your complete bluff play, all I can say is that you have nothing to draw for if indeed you have rags and all you have is rags, and ultimately screw yourself over by bluffing for nothing other than to hope your opponent has nothing which is pretty dumb.

Lawrence