PDA

View Full Version : FirePay account

David04
02-01-2005, 09:06 PM
I am thinking about signing up for a FirePay account, but I have a few questions first. How easy is it to use? Is it accepted by most big sites(Party and skins, Paradise, Crypto skins)?

How long does it take for them to call you and confirm the acocunt, so that you can begin using it?(I don't wanna be waiting forever)

Are there any fees associated with FirePay? Any reason NOT to use it?

ClaytonN
02-01-2005, 09:18 PM
I currently use it. They call pretty quickly after you sign up.

There's a flat fee of $3.99 per transaction from your bank account. Most all poker sites accept it.

BeantownCaller
02-01-2005, 09:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

There's a flat fee of $3.99 per transaction from your bank account. Most all poker sites accept it.

[/ QUOTE ]

When IGMpay and Neteller are free why pay 4 bucks a transaction?

ClaytonN
02-01-2005, 09:28 PM
I'm still trying to get my SSN verified through Neteller.

Being 18, I don't have a credit record yet in their databases, so I have to fax stuff.

David04
02-01-2005, 09:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
They take it from your bank account or your FirePay account?

Do you have to have it linked to a bank acount?

soah
02-01-2005, 09:47 PM
I never transfer money between Firepay and my bank account. Party/Empire have this nifty "feature" by which you can deposit via Firepay, but can't cashout that way. So when my Firepay account starts to get too big, I just deposit at Party and then cashout to my bank account via IGM-Pay after clearing whatever reload bonus I was doing. At all the other sites I deposit and cashout from Firepay. As long as I don't accidently bankrupt myself at all the non-party sites I should be fine.

DeepCroak
02-01-2005, 09:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

When IGMpay and Neteller are free why pay 4 bucks a transaction?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are they really free? Someone told me Netteller took 9% on deposits from your bank. Doesn't sound like "free" to me, if true. But I'm not yet signed up to play online (thinking about it).

At the risk of hijacking this thread, does anyone have a good summary of the fees charged by Netteller/IGM/Firepay/anything else out there? None of them seem to be very forthcoming with that kind of information on their websites (at least, not before starting to sign up...).

Thanks.

David04
02-01-2005, 10:16 PM
Does anyone here know if I HAVE to link my banking account to FirePay? Or can I just cashout my BR from a site that supports FirePay and then deposit that way?

gila
02-01-2005, 10:20 PM
Firepay cost 3.99 when you deposit from your back account. But you can move it around from site to site for free. Also, the deposits from your bank account are instant.

Neteller is free on all accounts but takes a few days to transfer from you bank account. They will charge the premium if you want it instantly.

IGM, I believe, is free, but only works with the party skin machine.

bconway6
02-01-2005, 10:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Neteller is free on all accounts but takes a few days to transfer from you bank account. They will charge the premium if you want it instantly.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a $1 charge for withdrawing from Crypto with Neteller. That really annoys me.

royaltrux
02-01-2005, 10:28 PM
Yes you have to link up to your bank account.

They DO NOT charge any fees when cashing back out to your bank account. It is only when depositing from your bank account and it's a flat $3.99 fee.

soah
02-01-2005, 10:42 PM
You're required to provide your bank details, but you don't need to validate it in order move money between sites.

mcb
02-01-2005, 10:46 PM
when you sign up you give your name, routing number, checking number, they call within an hour or two. you then have to veryify an amount they deposit into your bank account (some amount under $1). after that you can move money into the account and transfer to poker sites. i love firepay because it is instant and cashouts from pokerstars to firepay is instant as well.

it is very similar to how igmpay works. i dont mind the $3.99 deposit fee because i dont really deposit money from my bank account to firepay all that often, and when i do its usually over $500 anyway.